Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The PiC's destruction of our economy continues.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/28/2016 07:59 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/28/2016 07:59 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gdp-slows-to-05-in-first-quarter-2016-04-28

What a piece of crap.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 04/28/2016 08:21 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The stock market says otherwise, but then again, it almost always has. What are the numbers for unemployment right now?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

04/28/2016 08:26 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

U-3 and U-6 basically say that we are at or near full employment. First QTr is traditionally slow for GDP. At this point GDP will continue to be limited due to the obstruction of governmental process by Repugs.

Repugs have claimed that we are in recession for the better part of the last 8 years. Even at .5 gdp growth , there is no recession in sight.
Never ever trust a repug with your economics.

Of course after this next election cycle there will be no more repugs.

Are you'll just gonna call yourselfs: drumpts? Whigs, Bull moose?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/28/2016 08:36 AM

tpapablo

More depressing newsfor which we can thank the PiC.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/homeownership-rate-falls-to-third-lowest-on-record-2016-04-28

But then, most of the people who can no longer afford to buy a house are people that voted for that slug and deserve what they got.

04/28/2016 08:46 AM

jdbman

Since the Big O took over there has been 1 down QTR of GDP. How many down QTRs of GDP during the prior 8 years?

On the truth Ometer the tampon comes up ZERO.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/28/2016 08:48 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy The stock market says otherwise, but then again, it almost always has. What are the numbers for unemployment right now?

Unemployment is low because the PiC's idiotic economic policies (e.g., investing in companies that go bankrupt and driving profitable companies to bankruptcy) have so discouraged Americans that they have given up.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/145650-every-month-president-obama-one-thing-always-gone-threatens-ruin-america/

Can't say I blame them either. It is hard to find anything hopeful with this human wrecking ball in charge. No wonder the suicide rate is up so much.

http://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Suicide+Rate&qpvt=suicide+rate&FORM=EWRE

04/28/2016 09:39 AM

Greensleeves

Your blind greed is showing.  Obama has made any level headed investor a sack of money!

04/28/2016 10:51 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Greensleeves Your blind greed is showing.  Obama has made any level headed investor a sack of money!

I've done great, as i predicted I would back in 2008. Dems are great for lawyers. But, most people are doing poorly.

04/28/2016 10:54 AM

Greensleeves

Attention ambulance chasers:  Stock market and real estate up substantially and unemployment down likewise under your President.   That is an equal opportunity recovery!

04/28/2016 12:33 PM

tpapablo

Well, turns out that GDP growth under the PiC is the 4th worst ever. And, the PiC has the distinction of being the first president ever to have never had a year in which we had 3% growth. We averaged 3.5% growth under Reagan.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/04/simply-worst-obama-first-president-ever-not-see-single-year-3-gdp/

04/28/2016 12:37 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Everyone is doing fine in my neck of the woods. Dems are most always good for the economy.

Housing market is heating up too. Chicken little economics are entertaining.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti

Edited: 04/28/2016 at 04:42 PM by RustyTruck
 04/28/2016 04:28 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Bush did good.

Obama did bad.

Sorry Tpap, but you are fcking delusional.

I was right.
 04/29/2016 08:55 AM

jdbman

"Don't fret over slow GDP growth

Brian Rose, UBS U.S. Economist

GDP expanded at a 0.5% annualized rate in the first quarter of 2016. That's the slowest growth rate in two years, and has
generated some ominous-sounding headlines such as "raises doubts over durability of expansion." However, there's an
important point to keep in mind when looking at US GDP data. Just like in sports, when you're behind in the first quarter,
it doesn't mean that you're going to lose the game.
In 2015, 1Q growth was 0.6% annualized, and the economy grew 2.4% for the year as a whole.
In 2014, 1Q growth was -0.9% annualized, and the economy grew 2.4% for the year as a whole.
Notice a pattern there?
Seasonal adjustments work fine when there is a smooth underlying trend and a reliable seasonal pattern in the data. But
when there's a sudden bump in the data, such as the steep drop in GDP caused by the global financial crisis, or when the
seasonal pattern suddenly changes, it gets very hard to adjust the data.

When you can't rely on the seasonally adjusted data, the backup plan is to look at the year-over-year numbers. When
you do that, you see:
3Q15 2.1% y/y
4Q15 2.0% y/y
1Q16 2.0% y/y
Again, notice the pattern? In the post-crisis period, growth has averaged 2.1%, and recent quarters have been in line with
that rate. Recent economic data hasn't been great, but there's no reason to think that the recovery is coming to an end."

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .