Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: California chases out another one.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/10/2016 12:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/12/2016 04:57 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

California's economy is the 8th largest in the world.

04/28/2016 08:54 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Jerry Brown's response to Skelator's recent pandering:

"As one of the millions of tourists flocking to the Golden State this time of year, we'd like to extend a warm welcome to the Governor," Brown press secretary Evan Westrup said. "We can understand why he's coming back - there's lots to do and plenty to learn. In fact, since his last 2,000 mile cross-country jaunt, California has added twice as many jobs as Florida, while paying down debt, building a robust rainy-day fund and taking bold action on issues Governor Scott continues to ignore, like climate change and poverty."

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/28/2016 09:33 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Jerry Brown is a good public servant.  Not too happy my taxes are going to ads trying to bring down other states.  

04/28/2016 10:33 AM

moosejaw

Joined Forum: 09/15/2011

Currently living on the central coast for past 2.5 years, while the state is great,the management of it is kind of sketchy. 

It's pretty much what Bob said, "you can't afford it" 

Just a perspective, while there's always room at the top, for the rest of us, cost of living is greatly altered than Florida. Anyone can live anywhere, but adaption has to be made and that may not be to the likes of many(I guess Carl's Jr in this case)

Ring...BOOM...snow. -Hatrick Penry

04/28/2016 10:50 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: jdbman

Cali Biz
">http://www.scpr.org/news/2015/...outhern-california/[/S

http://www.scpr.org/news/2015/...g-southern-california/

Fixed it?

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 04/28/2016 12:49 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

yep, txs

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/28/2016 04:26 PM

Cole

8th among other countries.

Fatty Burger moving to Fatty Land won't effect them at all.

I was right.
 04/28/2016 04:46 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Carl's Jr. sounds like it should be in Alabama to start with. Next door to Billy Bob's Catfish and Cornbread.

"Hey, where's Cricket?" - Kristi Noem's daughter.
 04/28/2016 05:56 PM

moosejaw

Joined Forum: 09/15/2011

Guys much love, hope you're all well. But c'mon, whether it is the selling of burgers or semi conductors. Corporations care about the bottom line. When numbers don't add up they leave to where they will, they will adapt and change, and have the cash and ability to do it  

Why aren't you worried about the little guy, the corpos will be fine, regardless. You should care more in this case(California) that small business is fucked, and that the consolidation at the top is imminent operating in the environment of a overegulating gov that collududes and adapts to the biggest players. The only people getting hurt are real people, and it's always a choice to play or not but that is reality in this case.

Speak whatever truth you know thru experience, but ponder where you are and that those truths don't necessarily transmit borders.

California does a lot right, it essentially is a progressive think tank for the country, and I've seen the good and bad of it, you're utopia does not exist. I step over people in the street all the time, I see violence and chaos often, fostered by this system. I'm not even saying it's wrong it just is.  Enjoy Forida, what a sweet kind place, it only took me leaving to realize what a super nice place it actually is.  

The people and the great resources of California generate success despite the people trying to fuck up a wet dream, but regardless it's different, I like it for the fact that it's interesting, but there are real issues of unsustainable policies, and the people out here are starting to get loud. It's all a think tank/experiment; there will be a result.

But for God sake don't place success via "

officials", as far as this state goes it was like early SNL days, it is was pretty much impossible to fuck up with such great talent and resources, but I assure you they are trying their best, with good intentions or not  

But yeah the surf and scenario has taken me 2+years to get my head around  what an incredible place in our union and I hope for the best  some of the strongest and best people I've ever been around live here, only the toughest made it all the west, a lot are a different breed, time will tell but until then I'll enjoy the majesty of this great state, and have already become complacent to consistent surf I couldn't of imagined other places; the Golden State for sure it is  

Ring...BOOM...snow. -Hatrick Penry

04/29/2016 04:30 AM

Cole

Florida has the distinction of having one of the highest murder rates and one of the highest rates of homeless in the US.

Florida has it's niceties, but I wouldn't go as far as calling it sweet.

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : California chases out another one.

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146501 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .