Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: California chases out another one.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/10/2016 12:14 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/10/2016 12:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2016/03/10/carls-jr-headquarters-moving-calif-nashville-orange-county-register

Not being adverse to a little schadenfreude, this is amusing to watch. Wish we would get more of them though.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 03/10/2016 12:22 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Big deal.  I bet the space is vacant for less than a month with a company moving in that doesn't make it's money supporting the slaughtering of cows and feeding that mess to Americans.  Nashville makes more sense in that arena huh?

03/10/2016 02:20 PM

tpapablo

No. That had nothing to do with the move. Karl's left because of California's legendary unfriendliness to business. All kinds of businesses are leaving that dem created nightmare.

http://www.foxandhoundsdaily.com/2014/05/californias-business-leakage-becoming-deluge/

Scott should set up a Florida Chamber of Commerce in California.

03/10/2016 02:32 PM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

I chased out a few brown trout on the growler today.

I see CA did the same.

Wiki wiki

03/10/2016 02:38 PM

3rdworldlover

So many states, people, and nations willing to do anything for money.

Tpap's bent over and 'open for business' too.
 03/10/2016 06:34 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

The south is more junk food friendly than CA, that's for sure. Honey boo boo loves Hardees.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 03/10/2016 06:44 PM

follydude

Next stop: Mexico.
 03/10/2016 09:18 PM

TunnelVision

Joined Forum: 10/02/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo No. That had nothing to do with the move. Karl's left because of California's legendary unfriendliness to business. All kinds of businesses are leaving that dem created nightmare.

http://www.foxandhoundsdaily.com/2014/05/californias-business-leakage-becoming-deluge/

Scott">http://www.foxandhoundsdaily.c...ge/

Scott should set up a Florida Chamber of Commerce in California.

This is an excellent article.
 03/11/2016 05:33 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

If you look at the "Shape" of many in tv commercials today, it seems that Fat is now cool!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 03/11/2016 05:38 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 03/11/2016 07:10 AM

johnnyboy

Krusty burger. If you can find a greasier burger, you're in Mexico.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/11/2016 07:45 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy Krusty burger. If you can find a greasier burger, you're in Mexico.

All I know is that you won't be able to find their headquarters in California for very much longer. Why? Because California is a business nightmare. Like I said, we need to set up a Florida chamber of commerce branch in California so we can get our share of fleeing businesses.

03/11/2016 08:07 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Cali Biz

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 03/11/2016 08:33 AM

Wookie

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: johnnyboy Krusty burger. If you can find a greasier burger, you're in Mexico.

All I know is that you won't be able to find their headquarters in California for very much longer. Why? Because California is a business nightmare. Like I said, we need to set up a Florida chamber of commerce branch in California so we can get our share of fleeing businesses.

You already said that.  Damn I won't hire you to defend me when I can hire a parrot for cheap.

Wiki wiki

03/11/2016 08:37 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: jdbman Cali Biz

"This page can’t be displayed." Must have been on a server of a California company that fled.

03/11/2016 12:55 PM

damonsharp

Joined Forum: 10/16/2006

It's good to see tpapablo going green and recycling myths from the republican dustbin.

The "business is leaving California in drove because libtaxes!" was a great dittohead story in 2005 (first I heard of it, but it may be older). I thought it had popped up and been debunked so many times that no one would have any use for it.

California's actually above the national average in business growth.

Again, be more like tpapablo and reduce by reusing your bullshit. It still smells the same

2016 GDP per capita growth by state You know what's hurtin' for per capita GDP growth by the way? Alaska and Mississippi.
 03/11/2016 01:36 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: damonsharp It's good to see tpapablo going green and recycling myths from the republican dustbin.
The "business is leaving California in drove because libtaxes!" was a great dittohead story in 2005 (first I heard of it, but it may be older). I thought it had popped up and been debunked so many times that no one would have any use for it.
California's actually above the national average in business growth.
Again, be more like tpapablo and reduce by reusing your bullshit. It still smells the same
2016 GDP per capita growth by state You know what's hurtin' for per capita GDP growth by the way? Alaska and Mississippi.

Has not been debunked. Let's recap. A company just announced that it was moving its corporate hq out of California due to an unfriendly business climate. I would like the think that you progs could not possibly be as obtuse as you come off, but you are.

03/11/2016 02:33 PM

Wookie

Polly wanna cracker?

Wiki wiki

03/11/2016 03:27 PM

Greensleeves

Let's recap, Tspank and his right wing bubble buddies are clueless and pretty much never get anything right.   Hey everyone!  Some burger joint is moving a portion of their operations (the more substantial portion of the move is from St. Louis but who really cares about that?) to Tennessee!  That the company said nothing about the California business climate and had the audacity to cite other reasons is irrelevant to the Bengaziteers!

03/12/2016 05:51 AM

johnnyboy

Cali has done some amazing things once they shed their governator. They can balance their budget, their fiscal health is dramatically improved and they are in the process of figuring out how to end their prison population nightmare. Take a look at the Louisiana economy after jindal. Look at the way our governor cut education and transferred the tax burden to local ad valorem taxes and then claimed to have lowered taxes. The GOP has always believed that history is theirs for the taking and they are never going to stop recycling the same stories that have created their myth. I do not believe that democrats are perfect and or that when they are in power they behave wonderfully, but they have behaved less badly and at least they didn't gut the education budget to support their claim that they shrunk evil big government.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .