Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Flint water
Topic Summary: The whole story
Created On: 01/27/2016 06:56 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/27/2016 06:56 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Against federal guidelines, they chose not to require the Flint water plant to use optimized corrosion control, despite telling the Environmental Protection Agency they were doing so in an email on Feb. 27, 2015.

They took few samples and took them from the wrong places, using a protocol known to miss important sources of lead, which some say didn't comply with a 25-year-old law meant to prevent lead exposure in residential water.

They threw out two samples whose inclusion would have put more than 10 percent of the tests above what's known as the "actionable level" of lead, 15 parts per billion. Had the DEQ not done so, the city would have been required to warn residents that there was a problem with lead in the water back in the summer of 2015, or possibly earlier.1

http://fivethirtyeight.com/fea...water-crisis-michigan/

-------------------------
I was right.
 01/27/2016 07:10 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

They had to "cut corners" to "save money" somewhere. But all the while probably still paying union street sweepers $25 an hour.

Dora Hates You
 01/27/2016 09:19 PM

Thaumaturgist

Joined Forum: 06/10/2004

Gov. Snyder hadn't come up with any plan yet to replace the lead-poisoned pipes.

Being a Republican, I would imagine he preaches smaller Government until he cannot fix the problem. Then blame the Obama for not helping.

But don't worry Flint Citizens and anybody else concerned.

To the SOB, hiring a PR firm to fix the problem is a top priority. So,

"Gov. Rick Snyder has hired (22nd Jan) the national public relations firm Mercury LLC, where the spouse of Snyder's new chief of staff is a senior vice president, to help with communications during the Flint water crisis.

The governor has also hired another communications expert, Bill Nowling, chief of staff Jarrod Agen said late Friday.

Agen's wife, Bettina Inclan-Agen, is a senior vice president in Mercury's Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., office, according to the firm's website."
 01/28/2016 06:14 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

tip of the iceberg. what towns are next? stay tuned.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 01/28/2016 06:21 AM

tom

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

good story from the technical perspective

add a signature since I'm here in profile anyway
 01/28/2016 06:24 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: bob3000 tip of the iceberg. what towns are next? stay tuned.

I wonder if cocoa beach hose water has lead in it.....I grew up on that stuff!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 01/28/2016 06:34 AM

bob3000

a lot of us did. sorry about your luck trollsadpanda. sounds like you got an extra dose of it.

01/28/2016 06:42 AM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: bob3000 a lot of us did. sorry about your luck trollsadpanda. sounds like you got an extra dose of it.

Its all good what doesnt kill us makes us stronger, so I am just an extra dose stronger than you!

01/28/2016 07:02 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

Originally posted by: bob3000 a lot of us did. sorry about your luck trollsadpanda. sounds like you got an extra dose of it.

Its all good what doesnt kill us makes us stronger, so I am just an extra dose stronger than you!

I know we don't have the anti corrosive stuff, Cocoa Beach water will eat your drain plug in six months.

I was right.
 01/28/2016 07:25 AM

3rdworldlover

It's what happens when environmental/health regulatory agencies and water utilities go underfunded. It results in cutting corners and gambling on high risk shortcuts, exactly what's happened to Florida last several years.

Whatever channels revenue to their pockets has priority now.
If they can "privatize" it, they'll fund it.

Feds need to step it up and get states back in line.

01/28/2016 07:49 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover It's what happens when environmental/health regulatory agencies and water utilities go underfunded. It results in cutting corners and gambling on high risk shortcuts, exactly what's happened to Florida last several years. Whatever channels revenue to their pockets has priority now. If they can "privatize" it, they'll fund it. Feds need to step it up and get states back in line.

The EPA has had plenty of funding under the nitwit. Where were they? The problem is that dems spent Flint into bankruptcy. And the water project that led to this was part of a government stimulous plan. The blame lies soley with dems on this one.

I :heart; Q
 01/28/2016 07:51 AM

3rdworldlover

Obviously didn't read the article
 01/28/2016 07:52 AM

Cole

The EPA has had plenty of funding under the nitwit. Where were they? The problem is that dems spent Flint into bankruptcy. And the water project that led to this was part of a government stimulous plan. The blame lies soley with dems on this one.

And as usual, you are wrong.

Flint's water actually made a profit; republicans just wanted more money.

I was right.
 01/28/2016 08:26 AM

bob3000

Originally posted by: stokedpanda Its all good what doesnt kill us makes us stronger, so I am just an extra dose stronger than you!

I cheked out your file. Turns out you don't have that -you got trollZika. As long as you don't get pregnant for the next 2 years, you'll be.....like you already are. continue,

01/28/2016 08:28 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole The EPA has had plenty of funding under the nitwit. Where were they? The problem is that dems spent Flint into bankruptcy. And the water project that led to this was part of a government stimulous plan. The blame lies soley with dems on this one. And as usual, you are wrong. Flint's water actually made a profit; republicans just wanted more money.

I am right as usual. You are ignorant to the facts as usual.

Flint wanted its own water system. Flint argued it would stimulate the economy to build a new plant, which would provide new jobs. It was approved on that basis. Some prog genius decided to reopen an old, shuttered plant to provide water until the new plant came on line. And that was the source of the problem.

Now, about the EPA. Looks like it had plenty of funding to me. And why didn't it perform its core function here? Probably because it was harassing coal companies and power plants in the name of global warming and average citizens who have puddles in their yards.

http://www.epa.gov/planandbudget/budget

Cole, you should know better than to take me on. Anyway, put on the dunce cap once again.

I :heart; Q
 01/28/2016 08:50 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

We are working with local and state officials to get financing to rebuild this system.
Pistons owner just put up 10m to assist.

Repugs are really good at assigning blame , but are totally unable to propose solutions.

Last I heard the tampon made a deposit in Cole's account. Typical self aggrandizing delusional repug.

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 01/28/2016 09:05 AM

stokedpanda

I cheked out your file. Turns out you don't have that -you got trollZika. As long as you don't get pregnant for the next 2 years, you'll be.....like you already are. continue,

Houston we need a translation → he is on the cough syrup again

01/28/2016 09:45 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Rachael Maddow did a good show up there, but it was so depressing thinking of the the long term health effects on an already disadvantaged population.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 01/28/2016 09:47 AM

Cole

Tpap, read the article. You are looking silly again.

I was right.
 01/28/2016 11:35 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Tpap, read the article. You are looking silly again.

tpap: Progs Fault! Obummer's fault! EPA's FAULT!

"More than a year after residents started sounding alarm bells, it's now clear that employees at the state's Department of Environmental Quality collected insufficient data and ignored the warning signs visible in what they did collect. In the process, they allowed the residents of Flint to be poisoned."

That was sooo difficult to click and read...

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Flint water

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .