Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Lavoy's passing
Topic Summary: Conflicting stories
Created On: 01/27/2016 10:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/04/2016 07:46 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

They didn't need to kill the guy, but as you guys say, that's what they are trained to do.

I don't know if you guys bothered to look, but this group was not comprised of good people.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/0...allowed-to-carry-guns/

-------------------------
I was right.
 02/05/2016 07:18 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Originally posted by: Cole They didn't need to kill the guy, but as you guys say, that's what they are trained to do. I don't know if you guys bothered to look, but this group was not comprised of good people. http://www.rawstory.com/2016/0...allowed-to-carry-guns/

One thugification deserves another.

Wiki wiki

02/05/2016 01:03 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

They should have been arrested after Nevada.

Would be nice to be able to tell from the 70's Kodak Brownie video if agent(s) shot first then perp went for his gun or perp went to his person then got shot in the back by the agent near the trees.

Tried to focus on agents for recoiling weapon to see when first shot was fired and couldn't determine.
 02/09/2016 03:03 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

There's a Lavoy vid out that shows him in the compound, sitting in a chair outside, with his gun in his lap, covering himself with a quilt.  He was spouting how he'll stay outside and to confront the feds.  Pulled out his gun, stuck it in his butt a few times, then said he was ready to die.  He got his wish.

02/10/2016 12:42 PM

SlimyBritches

THERE'S STILL PECKERWOODS ON OUR PROPERTY!  

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/2/9/1482180/-Militants-get-around-FBI-communications-block-release-new-crop-of-crazy-videos-from-the-standoff?detail=email

03/09/2016 06:18 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Some pretty f'ck up sh!t, I don't care what side you're on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWLHiU8gYWY

03/09/2016 07:21 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

He got what he wanted. The police exercised extreme restraint right up to the end. Armed suspects fled a traffic stop, and crashed out at a roadblock. Armed suspect jumped from vehicle and reached for gun.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 03/09/2016 08:15 AM

obx2

Originally posted by: RustyTruck He got what he wanted. The police exercised extreme restraint right up to the end. Armed suspects fled a traffic stop, and crashed out at a roadblock. Armed suspect jumped from vehicle and reached for gun.

Fled a traffic stop? He was on his way to go see the Sherriff. Who flees a traffic stop to go to the police station? Also, were in that video do you see him reaching for a gun? Shots were fired as soon as he stepped out.

03/09/2016 08:21 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

He was very confrontational in that video, saying, "You need to back off" and "You're wasting oxygen, son." That never goes over well with LEOs of any type, especially during a standoff such as this.

Feds launch probe into shooting

They aren't sure about two of the shots fired, but say, " sometime after the two shots in question were fired, Finicum reached for a loaded gun in his jacket pocket, prompting state troopers to fire the three bullets that struck and killed him, according to the FBI and state police.

"Mr. Finicum chose to break the law, put other people's lives in danger, and, as the investigation shows, provoke a confrontation with law enforcement," Bretzing said. "The threat Mr. Finicum posed to [state] troopers and agents along Highway 395 on that day was real and imminent, and certainly justified the use of deadly force by law enforcement."

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/09/2016 08:22 AM

RustyTruck

So if the state police stop me, I can just tell them "hey guys, just shoot me, I'm going to see the Sheriff, don't waste oxygen talking to me" and then drive off?

I think when he was barreling toward the police roadblock it would have been justified to open fire at that point. He could have stopped. You're stretching to find an argument for overreach; the fact is this guy was armed, dangerous, and repeatedly made it clear he would not obey the lawful commands of legitimate police.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 03/09/2016 09:04 AM

Greensleeves

This transcript of a press conference yesterday is interesting as well, lots of observations.  Three shots fired as vehicle approached roadblock, eight shots total, and more...

http://sheriff.deschutes.org/March_8_press.pdf

03/09/2016 09:26 AM

johnnyboy

It looks like a good, well documented investigation. Did you catch that they could not explain the two shots fired by the FBI HRT guys and that those guys did not disclose that they fired upon the truck? It made no difference in the determination later, but it is odd.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/09/2016 09:35 AM

Greensleeves

The Oregon guys actually showed a bit of restraint.   Shots fired and they didn't open up. 

03/09/2016 10:56 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Libs will twist the facts to suit their little world view!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 03/09/2016 11:08 AM

Wookie

Originally posted by: crankit Libs will twist the facts to suit their little world view!

WTF does that mean?  This is cut and dried.  Unless you are a full on nutter.

You are probably a birther too, aren't you?

Wiki wiki

03/09/2016 12:26 PM

SlimyBritches

If Lavoy and crew had been non white, they would have been killed first day.

03/09/2016 12:26 PM

RustyTruck

I thought the right was in favor of law and order. I guess one when it's being administered to brown people.

White rednecks are supposed to get a pass? Run around waving guns and threatening law enforcement? What happened to "stand by our police?"

03/09/2016 01:13 PM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover

Originally posted by: crankit

No, just shot in the back!

http://conservativebyte.com/20...nt-of-his-death-video/]http://

"Don't attack a Cop---Don't resist arrest, then nothing bad will happen to you! I know these are difficult facts for lib's to understand."

-crankit

http://www.2ndlight.com/fuseta...AR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

I'm just going to re-post this quote here... (thanks 3rdWL)

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/09/2016 01:18 PM

obx2

Originally posted by: Pagerow
Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover "Don't attack a Cop---Don't resist arrest, then nothing bad will happen to you! I know these are difficult facts for lib's to understand." -crankit http://www.2ndlight.com/fuseta...AR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
I'm just going to re-post this quote here... (thanks 3rdWL)

Was he getting arrested? Did he attack the cop?

You're right, Crankit, they certainly have the knack of distorting reality to fit their narrative. Surely Cops are only the bad guy if the "victim" is black right, you bunch of racist hypocrites?

03/09/2016 01:21 PM

Wookie

Loon.

Wiki wiki

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Lavoy's passing

<< 1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 7 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .