Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Our only hope is to go vegan, , , ,
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/28/2015 04:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/28/2015 04:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

What?! New Study Says Stopping Climate Change Will be Near Impossible if We Don't Do One Thing

Goji Berry, Chief Happiness Officer, One Green Planet
November 28, 2015
Although I love hoomans, the fact is that they're not the most subtle creatures on the planet. They take up more space than anybody else and they dictate what the rest of us do. It seems like everything people do has a massive impact on the planet - I mean, there are billions and billions of them and they all mostly like and do the same things ... so it kind of figures that all that adds up. One of the HUGEST things that all people do that impacts the planets, though, is their eating habits.

Sure, I get having a nice snack every now and then ... but humans LOVE their cheeseburgers, and steaks, and bacon. And all of that love for meat and dairy and other animal products equates to a massive strain on the environment. According to the smart people at the FAO, animal agriculture is responsible for 14.5 percent of global greenhouse gases - that's more than all the emissions for cars, trains, and airplanes.

A new study from Chatham House, an international think-tank of smarties, came out pointing to the fact that the only way we can hope to curb climate change is to stop eating so much meat. Given the fact that meat production uses over 70 percent of the world's water resources, around half of the planet's land is dedicated to either growing animal food or grazing the animals themselves ...

The Chatham House study went so far as to assert that if we don't all make a concerted effort to but down on our meat consumption that it will be impossible to slow the progress of climate change. Seriously people, get with the program. You're wasting precious natural resources and releasing more harmful chemicals into the environment than ever before ... but still one in eight people go hungry.

But the good news is that truly sustainable food does exist and it is plant - based ... and it's pretty darn good too! If everyone in the U.S. alone made an effort to skip meat and dairy, there would be incredible benefits to the planet. Did you know that leaving meat off your plate can halve your carbon footprint? (In my case, pawprint?)

To learn more about how you can help save the planet by nomming on vegan donuts, check out One Green Planet's #EatForThePlanet campaign!

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 11/30/2015 07:11 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

But I love meat and steak, and will be dead before the planet goes to shit from greenhouse gasses soo......dont really care to change

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 11/30/2015 10:34 AM

skatensurf

Joined Forum: 09/28/2006

so if we all started eating tofu would tofu factories account for the majority of emissions?
 11/30/2015 10:39 AM

skatensurf

Originally posted by: dingpatch
Did you know that leaving meat off your plate can halve your carbon footprint? (In my case, pawprint?)

also i am not sure who wrote this but it does not seem to be a reliable (human) source. i think they are trying to sabotage the human race by eliminating meat from our diet so that we become weak and fall off.
 11/30/2015 11:05 AM

obx2

Joined Forum: 04/10/2015

Originally posted by: skatensurf
Originally posted by: dingpatch Did you know that leaving meat off your plate can halve your carbon footprint? (In my case, pawprint?)
also i am not sure who wrote this but it does not seem to be a reliable (human) source. i think they are trying to sabotage the human race by eliminating meat from our diet so that we become weak and fall off.

A reliable source of mine has intel that this is who wrote the article:

11/30/2015 11:57 AM

stokedpanda

If I have one turkey friend, can I use the word "gobbler?"

11/30/2015 12:14 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Originally posted by: stokedpanda

But I love meat and steak, and will be dead before the planet goes to shit from greenhouse gasses soo......dont really care to change

So you should probably vote Republican (unless you have children, or plan to).

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 11/30/2015 12:44 PM

stokedpanda

have never voted, and given the current cesspool of cadidates see no reason too

11/30/2015 01:05 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: stokedpanda have never voted, and given the current cesspool of cadidates see no reason too

Low voter turnout from local to national elections over the last couple decades is a big part of the reason we are where we are.

11/30/2015 01:14 PM

stokedpanda

Sure it wasnt all the people who voted for change!!?? Do they let mackerels vote?

11/30/2015 01:23 PM

Bamboo

Somewhere in some parallel universe 200 Floridians who didn't vote in this universe voted for Gore in 2000 and he became president.

It would be interesting to know how things would be today if he had been elected. 

See, you and 199 of your best friends should have voted in that election.    It does make a difference.   The candidates may all stink, but at least you can vote for the one who will cause the least damage.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 11/30/2015 01:38 PM

Wookie

Joined Forum: 01/12/2015

Gore would have been just okay.

We would have had McCain.  He would have attacked every country on earth plus some other planets.

Wiki wiki

11/30/2015 01:45 PM

stokedpanda

Edited: 11/30/2015 at 01:52 PM by stokedpanda
 11/30/2015 01:52 PM

skatensurf

i personally do not think a librarian would make a very good president, can't learn much about the real world from books.
 11/30/2015 05:38 PM

WG

"grasslands hold the potential to sequester enough atmospheric carbon dioxide to reverse climate change"

Allan Savory

ted

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 11/30/2015 05:43 PM

WG

or not

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .