Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Vatican reeling as DNA tests show communion wafers contain 0% Christ
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/20/2015 11:04 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/30/2015 08:58 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

ummm
I read it, and lots more on the roots of my genome, and have always understood that the claims of direct maternal lineage from a few wandering Israeli women that are so dear to the Zionists are difficult to prove. Of course most of our genes are from the places where we thrived for millennium, but our paternal DNA does show a pretty strong component from the middle east.

I still don't see how that makes a 2 thousand year old culture and faith "fake", or why that matters to you.

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 11/30/2015 09:12 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

This just in, from UTAH - A wafer that turned red and continued to float in water three days after a communion ceremony at a Catholic church in Utah has been hailed as a miracle, Fox 13 News reports.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 11/30/2015 10:17 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

A catholic church in Utah is impressive enough, now red floating wafers? What's next, uncrowded ski lifts?

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 11/30/2015 11:15 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered
What's next, uncrowded ski lifts?

LMAO!

Originally posted by: Quicksilver13103
the fundamentalist position that each individual is the sole arbiter of truth and scriptural interpretation.

I think that via its sordid history of Popes, anti-Popes, etc... that the RCC has no valid claim to be sole arbiter either.

I am not able to accept the premise of infallibility of the Pope, nor of 100% correctness of any particular Bible translation, therefore I check multiple sources on any matter that I have questions on.

I check several go-to Bibles (some Catholic, some non) for differences. I pray for divine guidance to understand the differences, and that if I am unable to understand them, that the Holy Spirit will guide me to follow The Father's true intent, always humbly accepting that my understanding is limited and not perfect.

Originally posted by: RegularJoe

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

When he was asked about the apparent contradiction between his political position and Jesus' actions when he refused to stone the adulterer. Huckabee was publicly embarrassed because he chose to support the death penalty despite knowing exactly what Jesus would do.

Just for the sake of honest discussion, Jesus allowed three executions to take place on Good Friday. Of course, he chose to allow his own as part of God's plan:

Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me; nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Why did Jesus not stop the other two from being crucified?

Johnnyboy, I've left this one in your court. Interested to hear your take. In particular, there are distinctions between the adulteress and those next to Jesus at Calvary.

In particular, the woman was brought by a mob of Pharisees, with whom Jesus had particular issues over their self-righteous moralistic claims. The men on Calvary were put there by the Roman government in power.

Also, the woman's crime was more of a "victimless" crime (inasmuch as adultery can be), really more of a sin against God than a crime against the state or another person.

My perspective is that this provides a historical scenario in which Jesus did not impede or comment on a capital punishment carried out by the state.
 11/30/2015 01:00 PM

ummm

Joined Forum: 03/24/2014

Quick - we get in trouble when we trust the scriptures to corrupt and fallible men, and to a manmade system we don't fully understand. History traces the rcc to Nimrod, sun worship, semarimis worship and paganism, packaged nicely in christian language. Study to show thy self approved said Paul...and trust no one, not even me. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you as you study the scriptures and history...and he will. You won't stand before me at the end of days...you will stand before Jesus Christ, as will I. Be ready amigo...be ready.

Edited: 11/30/2015 at 04:30 PM by ummm
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .