Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: fox "news" fires megyn kelly
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/18/2015 11:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/18/2015 11:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

bye. bye.

later.

Edited: 08/19/2015 at 05:50 AM by sandi
 08/19/2015 05:08 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

And the Donald gets his first kill on the campaign trail. He's definitely a GOP nightmare. I can't wait to see the fearless, intrepid journalist that replaces her, or at least the next smoking hot top heavy, mini skirt bombshell blonde paid to read their poison TelePrompTer.

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Edited: 08/19/2015 at 05:21 AM by johnnyboy
 08/19/2015 05:50 AM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

entertanment at it's best...
 08/19/2015 05:54 AM

Cole

Did they actually fire her or is this some Fox stunt?

I was right.
 08/19/2015 06:03 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

leave the poor woman alone...she is on vacation.....drama queens....

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 08/19/2015 06:22 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I heard she applied for political asylum at MSNBC.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/19/2015 06:44 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

I heard she applied for political asylum at MSNBC.

^^
O

!!

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 08/19/2015 06:57 AM

johnnyboy

That's a great joke. Thanks.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

08/19/2015 07:09 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

^^^ that is funny stuff!

As long as Roger Ailes believes that  "she is a brilliant journalist" her position is safe.

I think he must have been talking about being blinded by her high beams, though.           

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/19/2015 07:34 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: Bamboo
As long as Roger Ailes believes that  "she is a brilliant journalist" her position is safe.

Originally posted by: johnnyboy
I can't wait to see the fearless, intrepid journalist that replaces her, or at least the next smoking hot top heavy, mini skirt bombshell blonde paid to read their poison TelePrompTer.

FWIW, she does have a law degree. From wikipedia:

After high school, she pursued an undergraduate degree in political science at Syracuse University,[1] and earned a J.D. from Albany Law School in 1995.[8] Kelly is Roman Catholic.[9]
 08/19/2015 07:42 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: johnnyboy And the Donald gets his first kill on the campaign trail. He's definitely a GOP nightmare. I can't wait to see the fearless, intrepid journalist that replaces her, or at least the next smoking hot top heavy, mini skirt bombshell blonde paid to read their poison TelePrompTer.

Interesting. So anyone who uses a teleprompter is an idiot? Well, you are right in at least one instance.

I :heart; Q
 08/19/2015 08:15 AM

Bamboo

"FWIW, she does have a law degree."

Having a law degree (or any advanced degree) does not instantly make one a brilliant journalist...or brilliant at anything in particular.  It is how you use it that matters, and she is an entertainer.

(see the above poster  ^^^^^ as an example)

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 08/19/2015 08:36 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Agreed. Without T&A, the double curse of being both a lawyer and a Catholic is a sure-fire recipe for unemployment. That, or maybe a Supreme Court appointment.

Real journalism is dead; it's all entertainment now.

The most successful employees anywhere are the ones who do the best job pleasing their check-writer, whatever that entails.

We're all prostitutes.
 08/19/2015 08:37 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Case in point--obammy and moochelle are lawyers!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 08/19/2015 10:04 AM

Bamboo

Case in point - She claims to be a straight news anchor and not an opinion host then says stupid stuff like (paraphrased) - Santa Claus is white and so is Jesus, they just are -which is wrong on many levels. 

That is not being brilliant. 

08/19/2015 10:17 AM

johnnyboy

An honest journalist can work anywhere, a Fox news correspondent can only work there. This woman is still relatively young and pretty, but if she hopes to work in journalism, she is damaged goods.

08/19/2015 10:42 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: RegularJoe  FWIW, she does have a law degree. From wikipedia:
After high school, she pursued an undergraduate degree in political science at Syracuse University,[1] and earned a J.D. from Albany Law School in 1995.[8] Kelly is Roman Catholic.[9]

It isn't worth much. Depends on what is put into practice and depends on where it was obtained.

I know a guy that flunked out of a biology degree because he barely passed chemistry and flat flunked o-chem and couldn't pass calc either. He could have but its was hards and he wanted to party. He switched to political science and finished school with a 3.something GPA. He is a realtor now. Nice enough guy.

I dump political science majors from state schools into the same bin with communications majors. It is a major for people that can't hack science class that are in school to get an Mrs. degree and/or rub elbows in the frat before getting set up in business with one of daddy's buddies.

I've often said of the average FOX news reader that they seem to have been scraped off the frat house floor on Monday morning. They are educated enough to sound sort of articulate and entitled enough to believe the bullshit that the news writers feed them through the prompter. Kelly was a step above the others. There was a brain behind those eyes but she didn't use it much. It was programmed for quick rhetoric but not much else.

08/19/2015 10:44 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

No one of us wouldn't hit it.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 08/19/2015 11:12 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Count me out
Looks like a dude with a blonde wig to me
And I think her feet are men's size 12

Besides, her personality is about as warm as dry ice,
Which means sex would be less exciting than baseball
 08/19/2015 11:25 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Kind of funny that not one of you has mentioned the fact that there isn't a single credible news source that backs up the assumption that she is no longer with FNC.

Not to mention, does anyone think that another set of eyes were not put on those questions before they were posed to the candidates, live, on national television? Do any of you actually think that those questions were not screened beforehand? The fact that the question made it to prime time is not 100% on her shoulders.

And 3rdworld, you crazy as f.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .