Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Amendment 2
Topic Summary: Medical Marijuana
Created On: 10/24/2014 08:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/24/2014 10:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

JBSURF

Joined Forum: 10/11/2004

For

It KILLS Cancer..... thats the biggest reason the FDA hasnt come forward with the test results, that they have, because it would Kill big Pharma and the whole cancer $$$$ making machine

Just a small vid of the many on Cancer killing vids out there...

-------------------------
I've decided to accept the fact - I'll always be a big kid!
 10/24/2014 12:07 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: JBSURF For It KILLS Cancer..... thats the biggest reason the FDA hasnt come forward with the test results, that they have, because it would Kill big Pharma and the whole cancer $$$$ making machine Just a small vid of the many on Cancer killing vids out there...

Oh come on. I've heard this kind of stuff for years - that hemp and pot will cure all the world's problems. Well, it won't. And if you think for a second that Big Pharma won't take over this endeavor (once it is decriminalized nationwide) you are sadly mistaken.

Well, what other reason do you have for not allowing it? It can't be economic as it would probably boost the economy and it can't be safety as it's not any more dangerous than tobacco and alcohol. I'm assuming then the only reason is from some ingrained ethical perspective, which also doesn't make sense because if it's then you would probably be ethically against alcohol, and tobacco as those are also "drugs". I'll admit the 18 year olds going to war is a stretch and probably unrelated to this argument.

My point is that if alcohol and tobacco are to be allowed, then so should pot as the effects of it are no worse according to studies. I just don't see a con of allowing marijuana to be legalized.

I don't find much validity to the argument that because other things are bad for you we should allow something else that is harmful. We could justify much with that line of thinking. Moreover, there are studies galore on alcohol and tobacco. Plus, humans have been using them for thousands of years. We know what we are dealing with. Not true with pot. We know very little about its effects. For example, did you know that pot smoke has 70% more carcinogens than tobacco smoke?

That said, i don't really care if people use it. That's their decision. I am against it for two reasons. First, we are being lied to about the whole thing. People have been told that this will only be good and there is no down side. That is a lie. Not one person in a thousand know that the smoke is carcinogenic. Nor do they know that it lowers a person's IQ. In other words, people are voting in ignorance. The second reason is that I want it kept illegal is because I want as many progs in jail as possible. That is good for the country.

I :heart; Q
 10/24/2014 12:22 PM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover no, because the war on drugs is very successful, and I'd trust the government institutions to 'rehabilitate' my children if they ever were to get caught with some contraband. Yeah, they might get denied access to a college education and have trouble finding a job too, but that should learn them. Sure, 40 years of war, and it's still easier for a 12 y/o to find a joint rather than beer, but that just means we need more cops and prisons. That's what government is for, keep the kids safe from themselves. Lord knows how dangerous free will is.

Aint that the truth.

FOR and already voted.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

10/24/2014 12:27 PM

BStoked2

Joined Forum: 10/27/2010

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/dope/etc/cron.html

Interesting History of this plant/weed/herb in the USA.

Not sure if i'm for or against....

10/24/2014 12:43 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Don't you criticize......

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 10/24/2014 01:15 PM

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: JBSURF For It KILLS Cancer..... thats the biggest reason the FDA hasnt come forward with the test results, that they have, because it would Kill big Pharma and the whole cancer $$$$ making machine Just a small vid of the many on Cancer killing vids out there...

Oh come on. I've heard this kind of stuff for years - that hemp and pot will cure all the world's problems. Well, it won't. And if you think for a second that Big Pharma won't take over this endeavor (once it is decriminalized nationwide) you are sadly mistaken.

Well, what other reason do you have for not allowing it? It can't be economic as it would probably boost the economy and it can't be safety as it's not any more dangerous than tobacco and alcohol. I'm assuming then the only reason is from some ingrained ethical perspective, which also doesn't make sense because if it's then you would probably be ethically against alcohol, and tobacco as those are also "drugs". I'll admit the 18 year olds going to war is a stretch and probably unrelated to this argument.

My point is that if alcohol and tobacco are to be allowed, then so should pot as the effects of it are no worse according to studies. I just don't see a con of allowing marijuana to be legalized.

I don't find much validity to the argument that because other things are bad for you we should allow something else that is harmful. We could justify much with that line of thinking. Moreover, there are studies galore on alcohol and tobacco. Plus, humans have been using them for thousands of years. We know what we are dealing with. Not true with pot. We know very little about its effects. For example, did you know that pot smoke has 70% more carcinogens than tobacco smoke?

That said, i don't really care if people use it. That's their decision. I am against it for two reasons. First, we are being lied to about the whole thing. People have been told that this will only be good and there is no down side. That is a lie. Not one person in a thousand know that the smoke is carcinogenic. Nor do they know that it lowers a person's IQ. In other words, people are voting in ignorance. The second reason is that I want it kept illegal is because I want as many progs in jail as possible. That is good for the country.

Nobody ever knows the whole truth, but I have never heard of someone being killed from it. On the otherhand alcohol, e-cigs, tobacco, pills, GMO's, HGH, antibiotics, other chemicals and legal drugs... Unbiased, thorough research hasn't been done on all of these either, yet they are still allowed. Some actually is proven to be extremely harmful and outlawed around the world (GMO's) everywhere except the U.S. I don't know how you can support alcohol and not medical marijuana. Marijuana has probably been around just as long as tobacco and alcohol and has also been used for thousands of years.  IMO, it's just kind of hypocritical to allow one and not the other. If you do think its shouldn't be legalized, then you should also be making an effort for alcohol and tobacco to be banned as they are also "bad". However, this was already tried back during prohibition and it didn't work. So now, I think your opinion is just based on a health concern. In this case, it's not like people are forced to buy it and same with alcohol and tobacco. It's harmful but you're not forced to buy it, and yet you are still given the choice if you want to. If you want to vote, based on health reasons there are a lot of other things you can be against and non-profits you could support, not just be anti-pot. If you're voting for economic reasons then consider the pros and cons? Otherwise, you are practically voting against the freedom of choice, which sounds like communism to me.

You do know your taxes are paying for these people to be in jail. A majority of which aren't even a threat to society, unless you really think all progs are a threat.

Edit:

Also you say we know little about the effects of pot, yet you assume that the cons outweigh the pros. It could just as well be be beneficial. So how do you that we are allowing something bad to be legalized, when the effects are unknown? It sounds like you made up your mind before even considering it. Of course you could be right and years from now we find it harmful, but wouldn't you still want the choice?

Remember, No choice= communism

Edited: 10/24/2014 at 01:26 PM by Sector9surf
 10/24/2014 01:27 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

John Morgan invested in having this voted on, so that Democrats would get out to vote for Charlie Crist. John Morgan and The Mint Julep Millionaire Boys own Charlie.

This is who you are really voting for.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/24/2014 01:45 PM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Who?
Morgan is running for office?
Which one?

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 10/24/2014 02:47 PM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Voting "for"...because if Conservatics are all against it...it's probably gonna be OK for the working people. All criminalizing weed does is provide a cottage industry for the legal system. Kid gets caught with enough weed and it's a felony arrest costing thousands in legal fees and fines. If Republicans are lucky the kid will get thrown into one of those private prisons Republicans voted in right after they invested in them.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 10/24/2014 02:53 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Can't read award goes to!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/24/2014 03:08 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

yes

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 10/24/2014 08:56 PM

Sector9surf

In short, culture should be promoted by through values not legal rights and is also less costly and more effective.

10/25/2014 08:53 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

For. It should be legal across the board.

Enough with these piss-ant arrests for pot, prison should be for actual criminals.

I was right.
 10/25/2014 12:09 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

for.

It's mostly natural, although hybridized breeding through the years has really bumped up the potency. At least with natural options, it is another choice. My buddy in big pharma (actuarial scientist) said due to the natural, non-controlled characteristics of this plant, they prolly won't deal with it. They are all about control, as in formulated in a lab and patentable. Maybe some smaller players might mingle in it. Big pharma DOES NOT want it available as it dilutes profits. It would be sad to see some attempt at a GMO option by big pharma to try to hedge the system. I recently saw a pic of GMO corn seeds. They are blue. Kinda freaky.
 10/25/2014 02:45 PM

Sector9surf

Originally posted by: pompano for. It's mostly natural, although hybridized breeding through the years has really bumped up the potency. At least with natural options, it is another choice. My buddy in big pharma (actuarial scientist) said due to the natural, non-controlled characteristics of this plant, they prolly won't deal with it. They are all about control, as in formulated in a lab and patentable. Maybe some smaller players might mingle in it. Big pharma DOES NOT want it available as it dilutes profits. It would be sad to see some attempt at a GMO option by big pharma to try to hedge the system. I recently saw a pic of GMO corn seeds. They are blue. Kinda freaky.

You don't think they will create pills that have the same effects or chemicals that the plant has?

10/25/2014 04:03 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Tpap, wrong as usual.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...doesnt-lower-your-iq/

I was right.
 10/25/2014 06:06 PM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

Originally posted by: Sector9surf

You don't think they will create pills that have the same effects or chemicals that the plant has?

They have already tried. They cannot replicate a plant, they replicate mostly single shots of organic compounds. I've not read the verbiage of the amendment. There are multitudes of varieties of the plant. Not sure what the law will hold them to, nor potency. No matter for me, as I won't be partaking for a long time.

I do encourage everyone to vote yes on Amendment 1 though. As a surfer, it is in your best interest.

10/26/2014 07:10 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Info on Ammendment 2

Educate yourself, much of what the people on this here 2L surf forum are saying about this is not correct:

Ie: Can a licensed physician prescribe the tree?

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 10/26/2014 11:26 AM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Tpa.. lots of industrial complexes will loose employees and business.

Like tobacco workers looking their jobs would be a bad thing.time to reconstitute prohibition to me.

No question pot has way more medicinal and social value than cigs or alcoholics etc puts it as worse than coke. Cry or laugh...

Never saw anyone get violent because of eating - or smoking - pot, hash thc etc

Funny ass with Michael Brown getting shot with weed in his system - just shows that the cop is guilty as hell. Wonder if he had caffeine or speed in his system..

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 10/26/2014 05:09 PM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: JBSURF For It KILLS Cancer.....

That's some of that dumbshit about pot being the cure-all that I mentioned in the first post in this thread.

Smoking dope won't cure cancer, period.  Nor will eating it.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Amendment 2

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .