Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Death of Florida Rant
Topic Summary: It's long and pointless, Don't Read
Created On: 10/23/2014 05:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/23/2014 05:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

PepperDeath

Joined Forum: 09/27/2014

Again, this is long and pointless, don't read.

So I was in NSB last weekend.. surf was great, got to see family, good food, good times, etc, but I am writing today to vent.

I grew up near there, visting more frequently than a necrophiliac to the morque. We got teenage drunk, smoked joints on the graffiti wall, slept in vans.. and surfed. Surfed like, surfed the inlet and didn't get ran over, cussed, threatened, or worse (by "locals-only" dweebs, FROM ORLANDO). You know, the good ol' days. It was always supposed to where I wound up at the end of the day. Yet as the years have gone on I have seen it be developed, advertised, monopolized, and most of all, tourist-ized (I know, that was a stretch).  After the decline started it seemed everytime I went back there was new construction and a new "3.1 Acres For Sale - Zoned Commerical" sign. Hell, there is a Ford Dealership where I used to pick mushrooms.. So I started going less and less, ignoring what I couldn't change. A few years go by and now Flager is a hustling bustling disaster of pinky-drinking tourists on the weekends, it can take almost a half hour to get from 95 to the bridge, and once on the top of it you can see the ratio of rooftops to landscape is severly disproportional. And then there's the beach, more kooks than a fanny-pack and survival strap convention, guys with borrowed boards, sitting on the tail with the forward 3/4 or the board sticking up like a mast of idiocracy, trying to out-paddle me.. I realize, hey, it's good for the economy and infastructure and all that other money-hungry nonsense but the fact is this is happening all over Florida, and within 10-20 years we may be on the verge of a 60,000 square mile Miami or Daytona of sorts. I've always dispised the over development and 'non-native' intrustion of my homeland and realize there isn't much any of us can do, so like I said, this is a vent, but think twice next time you see a dozer on the side of A1A or a "Hampton Inn: Coming Soon" sign because you could wake up in a world of kook packed lineups, "No Surfing" signs (like in Vero), dredged beaches, and Cubans in Caddys dealing coke from sh*tty night clubs (nothing against Cubans, just going for the Scarface Miami feel). Do What You Can! ..Save Our Land! (I shout through a megaphone)

I could go on but 77% have already clicked out. Anyways, I'm just saying.

(and to those who will have something demeaning or negative to say about all this.. f**k off, let me have this one)

-------------------------

'Out of step' - Ian Mackaye

10/23/2014 05:45 PM

BLat

Joined Forum: 10/28/2010

preach, brotha

10/23/2014 05:51 PM

orlandork

Joined Forum: 09/08/2003

Florida is in dire need of a few big old CAT 5 hurricanes to decimate a few of the popular areas with high populations, I'm talking some real biblical shit. That'll sort out all of this.
 10/23/2014 06:12 PM

vtecmonster

Joined Forum: 10/02/2007

I like NSB now. I also like satellite beach now. I have lived in 32937 for 33 years. 

The thing you can always count on is change. Change is good. 

10/23/2014 06:34 PM

SpinK

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

10/23/2014 06:49 PM

dropsolo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I type on fone 99% of time. Let the typos slyde. Thanks
 10/23/2014 06:58 PM

finward

Joined Forum: 08/09/2011

just get over it. 

10/23/2014 07:31 PM

Bootydrop

Joined Forum: 05/23/2012

nothing we can do...its sad but these coastal communities never grew organically they where transplanted here for the most part, of coarse there is some hx in these places brevard indian river and so forth counties (go to a museum, read a book, and  watch the doc's on youtube), the real history started in the late 50's early 60's and has been booming w/ a few ups and downs ever since this will continue onward. my advice suck up the cold and move to palces like washington, oregon, northern cali ( if you really wanna travel to that country), and maine. thoose are the last of a dying breed of TRUE sea side communites. i know when i graduate  thats probably where im heading, or inland florida still some beautiful places untouched in north florida but miles away from welllllll anything.....my 2 cents wont buy you a gumball but fuck it. 

10/23/2014 07:38 PM

Bootydrop

Joined Forum: 05/23/2012

Originally posted by: vtecmonster I like NSB now. I also like satellite beach now. I have lived in 32937 for 33 years. 

The thing you can always count on is change. Change is good. 

didnt obama say something about change?

10/23/2014 10:20 PM

Pablote

Joined Forum: 07/19/2009

Open your eyes boys- EVerywhere in the country is changing excatly as you all so eloquently have written. Here, Wisconsin, Idaho, Penn, Tx, California, and Ashville, NC. I've been all around these places and back over almost half a century, what you just described has also come there. Only a few in between locales that you don't see much new aesthetic new millennium like upgraded consciousness. Those places, their peoples, and holdout to isolationist values are now a huge minority of our populous hidden away in obscure parts of the States. Not that I think this a gOOd thing, just noting the change.
 10/24/2014 05:45 AM

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

I make my living in construction.....affords me trips to Central America and gas.

sorry your mushroom field is now a hotel lol.

get over it

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

10/24/2014 06:24 AM

tingo

Joined Forum: 09/22/2004

Change happens everywhere.

I nearly cried the day I drove up to Hermosa and the gate that the kids opened for you was gone.

Whatta you gonna do??

10/24/2014 06:26 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

You're way to aggro for Vero.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

10/24/2014 09:28 AM

PepperDeath

Joined Forum: 09/27/2014

Trust me, I'm one of the least 'aggro' people around. I was simply talking about something that was personal to me, and like I stated, it was a minor vent. I'm well aware there is nothing to do and the encroachment of high rises and strip malls in inevitable, and maybe I should 'just get over it' but then with no values or feelings about anything that's going on, negative or positive, I'd probably be as bland as some of you poor bastards who can't simply read someone elses opinion without feeling the need to devalue what they had to say. 

Like I said, I'm just saying.

(can't wait for the critical and dismissive responses, I'll get from this as well). Cheers

'Out of step' - Ian Mackaye

10/24/2014 09:58 AM

BLEE420

Joined Forum: 02/19/2008

It's Regan's fault.  Damn Reganomics

Make the Ocean great again.  Ban all Bodyboarders

10/24/2014 10:18 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: PepperDeath
there isn't much any of us can do,

Originally posted by: Bootydrop
nothing we can do..

You can go to your city council and zoning board meetings, organize, remain vigilant, and speak out.

Satellite Beach, Mel Beach, and some other communities now have strict height, density, and breezeway limitations as a result of active citizen involvement.
 10/24/2014 10:48 AM

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

Born and raised here too....development is fine if done wisely. 

Shouldnt this be NSR?

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

10/24/2014 10:55 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Join the Indian River Neighborhood Association. They have done a bang up job of standing up to developers to prevent over development of Vero Beach.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

10/24/2014 11:10 AM

jayfrizzo

Joined Forum: 08/05/2010

"sticking up like a mast of idiocracy" is awesome.  So is "fanny pack and survival strap convention."

Could be worse:  you could live in Lauderdale, like me.

10/24/2014 11:43 AM

Pablote

Joined Forum: 07/19/2009

Originally posted by: PepperDeath

Trust me, I'm one of the least 'aggro' people around. I was simply talking about something that was personal to me, and like I stated, it was a minor vent. I'm well aware there is nothing to do and the encroachment of high rises and strip malls in inevitable, and maybe I should 'just get over it' but then with no values or feelings about anything that's going on, negative or positive, I'd probably be as bland as some of you poor bastards who can't simply read someone elses opinion without feeling the need to devalue what they had to say. 

Like I said, I'm just saying.

(can't wait for the critical and dismissive responses, I'll get from this as well). Cheers

you know what,, I take it all back. the courage and class in your words to our critical responses, and the way you put out your opinion has earned my undivided respect- good rant pal! and hope you find some peace of mind real soon

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Death of Florida Rant

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .