Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I am relieved to know that ISIL IS NOT Islamic
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/11/2014 04:48 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/11/2014 04:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

WTF?

Strong reaction to Obama statement: 'ISIL is not Islamic'
By Ashley Killough, CNN
updated 11:00 PM EDT, Wed September 10, 2014

Source: CNN
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
President Barack Obama argued that ISIL does not represent Islam
In his remarks, he said: "ISIL is not Islamic"
But critics pointed out that ISIL stands for 'Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant"

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama was trying to make a broader point when he uttered "ISIL is not Islamic," but the four-word phrase could still come back to haunt him.
Critics on Twitter quickly fired off on the President for making the assertion, with many noting that ISIL in fact stands for the "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant." (CNN refers to the group by the acronym ISIS in its news reports. The group recently started calling itself the Islamic State).
In full context, here's what Obama said in his prime-time speech Wednesday night:
"ISIL is not 'Islamic.' No religion condones the killing of innocents, and the vast majority of ISIL's victims have been Muslim. And ISIL is certainly not a state; it was formerly al Qaeda's affiliate in Iraq and has taken advantage of sectarian strife and Syria's civil war to gain territory on both sides of the Iraq-Syrian border. It is recognized by no government nor by the people it subjugates."
"ISIL is a terrorist organization, pure and simple, and it has no vision other than the slaughter of all who stand in its way."

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 09/11/2014 04:53 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

And they pose absolutly NO threat to US!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 09/11/2014 05:35 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I didn't watch it last night because I can't stand to hear the guy talk but did he actually say that ISIx is NOT Islamic? lol

If so then that is hilarious. It would be up there with him telling everyone that the sky is not blue or that grass is no longer green. Funny thing is that I could probably name at least 4-5 aliases here that will buy anything this man is selling, including this retarded statement.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 09/11/2014 05:49 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Right is wrong.

Wrong is right

Black is white.

White is black.

These things come from the mouth of this idiot daily!

Next week he will be telling you progs that the sun rises in the west and sets in the east....and you will believe him!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/11/2014 07:27 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

None of you get this?
That's so sad.

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 09/11/2014 07:32 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

It's like saying "the KKK is not Christian". They claim to be but obviously most Christians would claim they are not Christian in their actions.

But for those who cannot even bear to listen to the man, go forth a spout your anti-Americanism to the delight of our enemies.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

09/11/2014 07:46 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: daner It's like saying "the KKK is not Christian". They claim to be but obviously most Christians would claim they are not Christian in their actions.

But for those who cannot even bear to listen to the man, go forth a spout your anti-Americanism to the delight of our enemies.

Where in the Quran or in the history of Muhammad do you see tolerance for religions outside of Islam? The Quran basically says that followers of Islam are to strive to be like Muhammad. I would say these ISIx guys are closer to the historical Muhammad than peaceful muslims are.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 09/11/2014 07:47 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: WG None of you get this? That's so sad.

Oh, we get it alright. The PiC is the one who doesn't get it. It was a pussy thing to say, as is his wont. If he had said that ISIS is a brand of Islam that we will not tolerate, I would have been fine with it. But to rhetorically divorce ISIS from Islam entirely is cowardice that I shan't brook.

I :heart; Q
 09/11/2014 08:04 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Originally posted by: Sniper
Originally posted by: daner It's like saying "the KKK is not Christian". They claim to be but obviously most Christians would claim they are not Christian in their actions.

Where in the Quran or in the history of Muhammad do you see tolerance for religions outside of Islam? The Quran basically says that followers of Islam are to strive to be like Muhammad. I would say these ISIx guys are closer to the historical Muhammad than peaceful muslims are.

Can you find me some place in the Bible that encourages tolerance or acceptance of other religions? Perhaps the missionaries missed that. I'm personally not an expert on religion but many things done throughout history in the name of Christianity and Islam go against my morality.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

09/11/2014 08:33 AM

WG

"If he had said that ISIS is a brand of Islam that we will not tolerate, I would have been fine with it"
So would I.

But he made a much stronger condemnation of them by placing them firmly outside of the Muslim mainstream.

Which of course, they are, so this was even better.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 09/11/2014 09:26 AM

pompano

Joined Forum: 01/06/2005

meh, no different than that FK guy calling himself Christian.
 09/11/2014 10:21 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

If anything, ISIL is like the Khymer Rouge, the French-educated Cambodian communists who thought Mao's revolution in China had run into trouble because it hadn't been radical enough.  They killed educated Cambodians, not to mention every foreign journalist who fell into their hands.  

09/11/2014 11:52 AM

WG

But to tpap, truth & clarity = cowardice.
Explains so much.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 09/11/2014 02:22 PM

tpapablo

That dude hasn't told the truth about anything. The only  clarity about him is the space between his elephant ears.

09/11/2014 02:33 PM

WG

President George W. Bush Remarks by the President to Airline Employees
O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, Illinois
September 27, 2001

"The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them."

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 09/11/2014 03:10 PM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: WG President George W. Bush Remarks by the President to Airline Employees O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, Illinois September 27, 2001 "The terrorists are traitors to their own faith, trying, in effect, to hijack Islam itself. The enemy of America is not our many Muslim friends; it is not our many Arab friends. Our enemy is a radical network of terrorists, and every government that supports them."

Exactly, that's how you do it. This idiotic PC stuff makes us look weaker than we already are. Maybe the "smartest president ever" should take pointers from the one progs consider to be the dumbest. God knows that if Bush had said what the PiC had said, we'd still be hearing about it.

09/11/2014 07:09 PM

sirfir

Joined Forum: 02/10/2012

Originally posted by: daner

Originally posted by: Sniper

Can you find me some place in the Bible that encourages tolerance or acceptance of other religions? Perhaps the missionaries missed that. I'm personally not an expert on religion but many things done throughout history in the name of Christianity and Islam go against my morality.

BIBLE
Romans 12:9-21
Love in Action

9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13 Share with the Lord's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.

17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19 Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"[d] says the Lord. 20 On the contrary:

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."[e]

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

----------------

quran
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'

http://www.thereligionofpeace....uran/023-violence.htm
 09/11/2014 07:14 PM

WG

Which of those verses you pasted encourages tolerance or acceptance of other religions SirFir?
Maybe you should look again...

meanwhile, this was easy to find:

"Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians...and (all) who believe in God and the last day and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." The Qur'an, 2:62

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 09/11/2014 at 07:33 PM by WG
 09/11/2014 07:36 PM

WG

The President ( and the Chimp before him) both got it right.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 09/11/2014 07:48 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: WG

Which of those verses you pasted encourages tolerance or acceptance of other religions SirFir?

Maybe you should look again...

meanwhile, this was easy to find:

"Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians...and (all) who believe in God and the last day and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve." The Qur'an, 2:62

Quran 3:85 For, if one goes in search of a religion other than self-surrender (Al-Islam) unto God, it will never be accepted from him, and in the life to come he shall be among the lost.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .