Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Gov. Scott jabs at Obamacare during Brevard tour
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/22/2014 05:25 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/22/2014 05:25 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Gov. Scott jabs at Obamacare during Brevard tour

http://www.floridatoday.com/st...revard-tour/13010137/

07/22/2014 05:43 PM

Cole

We have the second highest rate of uninsured (Texas is #1) in the United States, is that really something to be proud of?

-------------------------
I was right.
 07/22/2014 06:33 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

"we ought to be fixing health care."
Fixing?
Like the way he was 'fixing' Medicare and Medicaid?
 07/22/2014 09:00 PM

Greensleeves

Charlie!

07/23/2014 07:38 AM

tpapablo

Smart campaigning. The majority of voters understand that Clown Care has been an utter failure and are against it. Those few voters who don't understand that Clown Care has been an utter failure are, by definition, pea brains, who either will be unable to figure out how to vote or will vote for Crist in any event. No doubt that Crist has the moron vote locked up.

I :heart; Q
 07/23/2014 07:53 AM

eibla

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

^^^^Have you actually spoken to anyone who now has affordable healthcare because of the ACA? Didn't think so. My son, who has a "Pre-existing condition" couldn't get coverage at any price. Now he has very good coverage for less than I'm paying. Go blow it out your a$$!

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness -
John Kenneth Galbraith
 07/23/2014 08:32 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: eibla ^^^^Have you actually spoken to anyone who now has affordable healthcare because of the ACA? Didn't think so. My son, who has a "Pre-existing condition" couldn't get coverage at any price. Now he has very good coverage for less than I'm paying. Go blow it out your a$$!

It is a failed system that people hate. Railing against it is a good campaign move.

So far as your son is concerned, I would think that a federal law that awarded me a billion dollars a year would be great piece of legislation. Doubt that the rest of the public would agree.

I :heart; Q
 07/23/2014 09:02 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

Our health care is a failed system. ACA is an attempt to fix it. Brilliant really since it has managed to not allienate the Insurance industry which is the base or the problem. It's not perfect, its a start and if we had any bipatisan efforts in this country we could improve it rather than spending our time and money in the courts trying to defend it against the decision of a bunch of well insured old men (supreme court) with enough money to not care about the costs of health care.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

07/23/2014 09:06 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

son, who has a "Pre-existing condition" couldn't get coverage at any price. Now he has very good coverage for less than I'm paying. Go blow it out your a$$!

I have a kid with a 'pre-existing condition'... we had insurance when they were born and have continued it uninteruptedly since then... They recently got married and so were dropped from our policy... we had to fill out continuation paperwork to show that they had continual coverage up until they got married before another insurance company would touch them...

It sucks and if we didn't have proof of continual coverage they would have been SOL... but it was for corporate coverage and not Obama care so I don't know how one responds compared to the other...

07/23/2014 10:24 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo So far as your son is concerned, I would think that a federal law that awarded me a billion dollars a year would be great piece of legislation. Doubt that the rest of the public would agree.

This distills Republican opposition to ACA pretty well.  Just don't want anyone getting freebies. 

Any time one of them pretends to make an academic arguement about doctor supply or cost control, this overarching theme if hovering behind them.  They just don't want anyone getting freebies.

07/23/2014 10:33 AM

surfear

Joined Forum: 09/29/2011

There are no freebies, someone, somewhere pays.  People looking for freebies represent the entitlement attitude that is destroying this country. 

07/23/2014 11:01 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: surfear  someone, somewhere pays.

Big revelation there.

People looking for freebies represent the entitlement attitude that is destroying this country. 

Are you prepared to lock everyone that cannot pay out of medical facilities to prevent the freeloaders from getting their freebies that are destroying the country?

07/23/2014 12:20 PM

surfear

Joined Forum: 09/29/2011

no, not everyone, just those in the country illegally, those who refuse to work, those who would rather spend a paycheck on a new tatto, car rims, iphone, the newest Nike's etc, those who are morbidly obese due to lifestyle choices, those who produce multiple children with multiple partners......

or this:

http://news.yahoo.com/agents-subsidized-obamacare-using-fake-ids-071714059--finance.html

07/23/2014 12:28 PM

daner

It's  not about "freebies". It's about getting a system that works. Right now costs are beyond reason if you don't have insurance. I had to get 7 stiches in my foot in the emergecy room. It cost me $600. The actual cost was $2,000. My co-workers daughter had fluid drained from her abdomen, cost them a couple of thousand, actual cost without insurance $35,000. Who is benefiting? Doctors who can charge fees that without the insurance industry they could not charge. And of course the inurance industry itself. This isn't about freebies, its about creating a system that is realistic.

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

07/23/2014 12:36 PM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

I had to get 7 stiches in my foot in the emergecy room. It cost me $600.

dang... I got 5 in my leg at a walk in clinic in Eau- Galli... on Highland ave.

$85.... Cash... no insurance accepted...

I recommend the place but can't remember the name...

07/23/2014 12:41 PM

daner

Indian River Memorial Hospital. Got there at the end of a rush and waited from 11 am to 4 before they even saw me.

07/23/2014 12:44 PM

scombrid

Milton Friedman predicted this situation almost 50 years ago in Capitalism and Freedom citing the federal tax code subsidizing employer provided coverage as guarranteed to cause massive cost inflation.

You want to get costs down?  Fix the tax code and cut out the "insurance"/third party payer middle man from basic care.

It is ridiculous that stitches are $2000.  Just as ridiculous that I've paid BCBS almost about $70k over the last 12 years but have used <$2k in services.  (well, my employer paid most of that $70k). 

Most people could pay for most of their care out of pocket if we weren't slaves to third party payers.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/18/milton-friedman-medical-insurance-opinions-columnists-health-care.html

Friedman wrote an essay about it in 2001 but I can't find it on the Hoover Institute website anymore but forbes linked above does a fair job summarizing.

07/23/2014 12:51 PM

surf4fun

Joined Forum: 06/23/2004

Rick Scott needs to hanged!!! Plenty of nice trees out in the Tallahassee area!
 07/23/2014 12:52 PM

daner

I agree but we are stuck with a multi billion $ insurance industry and rich doctors. Not going anywhere. So Obama care works with thier need for greed to get everyone insurance and that is a start. Then cost control like the rest of the non 3rd world.

07/23/2014 01:05 PM

scombrid

Originally posted by: daner  So Obama care works with thier need for greed to get everyone insurance and that is a start.

Deal with the devil.

I would prefer single payer.

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .