Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Jesus
Topic Summary: Was married?
Created On: 04/11/2014 12:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/11/2014 12:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Ancient Artifact Hints Jesus May Have Had a Wife

-------------------------
“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 04/11/2014 12:41 PM

Tomkat

Joined Forum: 12/06/2003

Mary Magdalyn (sp?)

"Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each" - Henry David Thoreau
 04/11/2014 02:37 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

No, but Chinese are on a roll-

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04/11/jesus-may-be-more-popular-than-mao-in-china/?intcmp=latestnews

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 04/11/2014 07:17 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

...load of crap!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 04/12/2014 04:12 AM

gdudewe

Joined Forum: 11/09/2011

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

...load of crap!

You are right. Everyone knows all he did was hang out with a bunch of dudes in the desert. That big lonesome desert.

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I noticed it always coincides with their own desires

Susan B. Anthony

Impeach Trump
 04/12/2014 04:33 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

ancient artifact...load of crap!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/12/2014 06:45 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Jesus vanished for how many years?

He could have six children for all we know.

I was right.
 04/12/2014 06:59 AM

Fish Killer

Ancient artifact (made in IQ89's garage last week!)....LOAD OF CRAP!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/12/2014 08:11 AM

ummm

Joined Forum: 03/24/2014

None of the contemporaneous accounts of Jesus' life, and there are many(more than any other book written within a 1000 years), refer to or imply that he had a wife. People need to read the Bible itself rather than books whose sole purpose is to deconstruct the only 2000 year old book with the kind of corroborating data the Bible has. I have listed author after author (in other posts) that set out to disprove the Bible, and came away thoroughly convinced of it's accuracy. People are dying to discredit the Bible because they don't want accountability to anything but their own conscience. I get it, but if they are wrong, well, they get to tell God exactly what they think of him, and he can respond to those accustations. There are several such role plays in the Bible. They didn't go well for the accusers of God.

As nice as it would be to some to destroy the credibilty of the Bible, I challenge all of you to read Strobel and Mcdowell and Geisler. They are all great thinkers who crossed the line from non-believers to believers. Also, just as there is some doubt as to the authorship of Hebrews due to it's style and tone, marriage does not even come close to harmonizing with the life and message of Jesus per 4 gospels and dozens of epistles written by his actual friends. If Jesus were married there is no reason why at least ONE of the gospels or epistles, which were written at different times, wouldn't have mentioned it. No reputable historian, atheist or not, would accept some recent, ambiguous, later day artifact over multiple contemporaneous writings....well, unless it attacked Jesuses divinity since that is so despised because of it's ramifications in terms of accountability. As Jesus said, his kingdom was not of this world.  

Please...read the Bible itself and even check out some of the books that support it from a historical perspective. Yes, it does require faith, but the glory of creation is there to back that faith up. Watching a single palm tree push up and out of itself, to spread it's beautiful fronds out in a circle after a lifegiving rain is enough for me. Multpily that glorious act by 100's of  millions animals and plants ...and humans. All of creation testifies to the glory, and love and brilliance of God.

04/12/2014 09:15 AM

Cole

I don't disagree that the people, places and some of the actions in the Bible actually happened.

But where did Jesus go for so many years and why aren't those years mentioned?

I was right.
 04/12/2014 09:59 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

I don't disagree that the people, places and some of the actions in the Bible actually happened.

But where did Jesus go for so many years and why aren't those years mentioned?

Did it ever occur to you that He just didn't want you to know?!?!

Naaa....that would be too easy.

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/12/2014 10:18 AM

ummm

Well we know about the last almost three years of his life. My guess is he lived quietly working as a carpenter with his earthly father, preparing to suffer and die for mankind. There are no reliable sources in those years - only speculation(meaning no contemporaneous accounts by actual witnesses)  designed to discredit everything else he did. Many are hoping against hope that Jesus was just a liar and hypocrite who was only man. He spoke of his divinity so often and it was recorded in so many different places that he would have to be a power hungry lunatic if it weren't true. 

Time to hit the beach. 

04/12/2014 10:18 AM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

I wouldn't recommend McDowell or Geisler as upholders of the Bible's credibility.  Both are creationists who take rigidly conservative views of the Bible, sometimes at the expense of the text itself.    

It sounds weird, but "The Jewish Annotated New Testament" from Oxford University Press is an excellent reference and guide for those who want to know something about the NT from scholars who respect the text and think it's worth studying, but aren't trying to sell Christianity.  Oxford's other annotated and study Bibles are also very high quality (though the Scofield is pretty much strictly for fundamentalists.  It's a case of rewriting the Bible by selecting cross-references very, very carefully).

04/12/2014 01:37 PM

ummm

...Well that's the whole point. The media force feeds us the brilliance of the atheists Hawking, Hitchens, Dawkins, et al. These three I mentioned are brilliant men few have heard of who can actually challenge the majority view with intellect - and some faith.  And of course, they believe in the Bible, whose whole premise is that there is a creator....and if there is a creator, their is, of course, creation.  So yes, they believe that a Robin's egg turning from a yolk to a bird with eyes, claws, feathers and organs all in perfect order was not random. 

04/12/2014 02:04 PM

Cole

Humans are restructuring DNA, when we only discovered bacteria a few hundred years ago.

Life isn't a big mystery, it's the right place at the right time.

I was right.
 04/12/2014 03:51 PM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole
Humans are restructuring DNA, when we only discovered bacteria a few hundred years ago.
Life isn't a big mystery, it's the right place at the right time.

Glad you have it allll figure out!

From what I see you don't have a clue!

^These are PROVED facts.
 04/12/2014 04:46 PM

ummm

Cole - I definitely respect your opinion. But...God built us ingenious brains and connected it perfectly to the rest of our body with nerves and blood vessels and muscle. And he located it in the perfect place, where our senses could easily connect to it in order to translate the things we see, taste, hear and touch into sensations(weird word, sorry). The point is, that there is so much precision and order only on our planet - the fact that earth's temperature is kept within the exact range necessary to maitain life; the tilt of the earth, the way it spins perfectly on it's axis -suspended by nothing but the unseen force of gravity, The tilt of the earth toward and away from the sun, the hidden yet unbelieveable force of electromagnetism); the layers of atmosphere and ozone which, as designed,  just so happen to protect life on this planet from cosmic radiation, including that which comes from our nearest star, which just so happens to light our days, feed our plants(photosynthesis) and brown our skin. The seasons are amazing, and snowflakes, like eyeballs are unbelievably intricate. 

If the world were a blob with a few protazoans, maybe I'd believe in random creation - but there are so many beautiful plants, so many unique animals - and so many diverse 100 trillion celled humans, who started out as desire, and from a sperm and and egg via the outstanding invention of sexuality, developed brains and a digestive system and a circulatory system, and learned to surf and spearfish, etc.  

God is real. He made all of us and wants to know all of us. It sometimes sucks being accountable for all the people we use and hurt along the way...but God is there to cover that sin if we are humble,  and to teach us a new way to live and love. It is full of ups and downs, failures and triumphs - like everything else, but if we seek God with all of our heart and not just our brains-humans are more than just brains -  we will find him, and he will reveal himself to us more and more....

Edited: 04/12/2014 at 05:12 PM by ummm
 04/12/2014 06:13 PM

Cole

that there is so much precision and order only on our planet

I have to disagree with that statement; with a billion stars in a billion galaxies, the mathematical chance that there is life elsewhere is almost 100%. We are not alone.

If there is a God, why did it create us? What purpose do we serve?

I was right.
 04/12/2014 06:30 PM

ummm

...But your argument requires faith as well, but without any known order to back it up. Your faith seems to require much more belief than mine.

I believe God's purpose for us is to know him and love him, and then to love other people through our knowledge of him. He doesn't want robots. That is why it requires some desire and effort on our part to find him. I don't believe it takes much effort to find him - but it is often very difficult to truly follow him because we are selfish. As anachronistic as it sounds today(sadly) he is very present in the Bible, and if one reads it with the assistance of the Spirit, he can be found and he can be known. But as Paul and David say, he is very evident in creation as well so that all people are without excuse.

04/12/2014 07:32 PM

Cole

By why were we created?

As pets? As an experiment?

What purpose do we serve?

What purpose does the Ebola virus serve?

or prions?

or Duck Billed platypuses?

I was right.
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Jesus

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .