Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "This is not a living wage; this is a dying wage."
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/14/2024 12:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/14/2024 12:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Progs screw the working man again. To the extent the qouted nincompoops voted for progs, I am glad they are suffering. Being a dumbass isn't easy. Just aks the NSR progs. I am tired of trying to save progs from themselves. Let them experience pain.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 05/14/2024 02:37 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Corporations are the problem. Gotta keep the pay low and the profits high.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/...q1-2024-214304950.html

I was right.
 05/14/2024 02:57 PM

tpapablo

What would you do? Get rid of corporations? Hope you like living a Dark Ages lifestyle. If not for corporations, you'd probably be dead by now. If you weren't, you'd be living in a grass hut with dirt floors. I challenge you to go one day without using anything made by a corporation. Finally, I'd point out that the profits corporations make come from people like you. You voluntarily pay them your money.

05/15/2024 05:53 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

What would you do? Get rid of corporations? Hope you like living a Dark Ages lifestyle. If not for corporations, you'd probably be dead by now. If you weren't, you'd be living in a grass hut with dirt floors. I challenge you to go one day without using anything made by a corporation. Finally, I'd point out that the profits corporations make come from people like you. You voluntarily pay them your money.

Well we've been through this before, "corporation" is just the organizational part - it's who the corporation serves is the problem.

If they solely serve the profit motive of the people control nearly all the wealth (capitalists), than they by default don't serve the public interest. And they hate that "voluntary" part of paying them money, so they form trusts and monopolies that make sure you've got no other choice.

In the old days, Republicans like TR would "bust" those trusts up because they restrain trade and hurt the people, but now those trusts have gained so much power they can purchase the services of the government, and as long as they keep people fighting about trans-girls playing sports, Stormy Daniels, or some other petty outrage, they can get away with it.

"Hey, where's Cricket?" - Kristi Noem's daughter.
 05/15/2024 06:47 AM

tpapablo

If you didn't have profit motive with corporations, you wouldn't have corporations. And you would not have all the things you have. Name me one thing you use in your daily life that isn't the subject of competition.

05/15/2024 06:59 AM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: tpapablo If you didn't have profit motive with corporations, you wouldn't have corporations. And you would not have all the things you have. Name me one thing you use in your daily life that isn't the subject of competition.
He's a commie, and hates the idea of competition. He'd rather "equality for all" whereas everyone is fed, and has a home...just like prison.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

05/15/2024 07:04 AM

tpapablo

Anyway, the supposed beneficiaries of this plan are making less. Progs always make things worse, as we are seeing with Dementia Joe.

05/15/2024 07:47 AM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Shouldn't you two be out killing puppies instead of flirting with each other on the internet?

Pro Puppy-Killer Party 2024

Edited: 05/15/2024 at 07:47 AM by fishkller
 05/15/2024 08:00 AM

RustyTruck

If you didn't have profit motive with corporations, you wouldn't have corporations. And you would not have all the things you have. Name me one thing you use in your daily life that isn't the subject of competition.

Electricity.

And I suppose you've never heard of a non-profit corporation.

05/15/2024 08:05 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: tpapablo If you didn't have profit motive with corporations, you wouldn't have corporations. And you would not have all the things you have. Name me one thing you use in your daily life that isn't the subject of competition.
Electricity.
Not anymore. You can get solar panels, batteries, and home generators. Plenty of people living off the grid these days. When I get the new house build, I'll be able to if I want.

05/15/2024 08:25 AM

Cole

Cutting of regulations. Profit is fine, but the truth about that profit should be in the open.

The housing market crashed, free money was rampant and corporations/money traders cornered the housing market for profit. Now the average price of a home is too much for an average working American. That should not have been allowed to happen. But then again, when you have to cut two regulations for every new one, what are you gonna do? Once again the people pay for record profits and high stock values.

I was right.
 05/15/2024 08:29 AM

tpapablo

Now the average price of a home is too much for an average working American.
Correct, housing costs have doubled under Dementia Joe. Most people cannot afford one now due to that senile numbskull. Since you bring it up, here's some news for you, Cole - regulations increase housing costs.

05/15/2024 08:35 AM

fishkller

Not anymore. You can get solar panels, batteries, and home generators. Plenty of people living off the grid these days. When I get the new house build, I'll be able to

Pabs has gone green

next he'll be driving a Prius!

05/15/2024 08:37 AM

Cole

Nah, they jumped under Trump. Poor legislation has consequences.

The tax cuts and $7 trillion in spending are taking their toll, as is lack of regulation. There is a reason Republicans always fail when it comes to the economy; they don't get it... never have and never will.

I was right.
 05/15/2024 08:40 AM

tpapablo

Are you claiming that housing costs are the sole thing that Dementia Joe hasn't screwed up? Hah. No one will believe that.

05/15/2024 08:53 AM

Cole

Are you claiming that housing costs are the sole thing that Dementia Joe hasn't screwed up? Hah. No one will believe that.

Joe has done a fine job, especially when you consider what Trump left him. You yourself posted a link of why the economy is the way it is. Do you not believe what you post?

I was right.
 05/15/2024 09:12 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: Cole
Originally posted by: tpapablo Are you claiming that housing costs are the sole thing that Dementia Joe hasn't screwed up? Hah. No one will believe that.
Joe has done a fine job, especially when you consider what Trump left him. You yourself posted a link of why the economy is the way it is. Do you not believe what you post?
I was wondering who made up that handful of people who thought that Dementia Joe is handling the economy well.

05/15/2024 09:18 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Cole

I was wondering who made up that handful of people who thought that Dementia Joe is handling the economy well.

Way to skip the question. You think your links are bullshit, too. lol

I was right.
 05/15/2024 10:33 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Electricity.

Not anymore. You can get solar panels, batteries, and home generators. Plenty of people living off the grid these days. When I get the new house build, I'll be able to if I want.

I would have thought you'd know that you cannot get a certificate of occupancy for a residential dwelling without it being connected to the available power utility, solar panels be damned.

05/16/2024 05:48 AM

fishkller

Uh oh Rusty- I think you just blew a hole in Tbok's tall tale about his "new" apocalypse compound

Edited: 05/16/2024 at 05:57 AM by fishkller
Statistics
146508 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .