Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Is Robert Fripp Batman?
Topic Summary: Sok! Pow! Blam!
Created On: 02/02/2024 06:22 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/02/2024 06:22 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WorldBFree

Joined Forum: 10/27/2016

The mighty Crimson, live in Gotham City.

-------------------------
Slide On

02/02/2024 08:22 AM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I run hot and cool with King Crimson's music, but Fripp is now and always has been very very cool.
He and his wife are in my top 10 "if i could have lunch with someone" wish list.

His wife is Toyah, who was popular in the 80's and she is still singing and performing.
Every Sunday they have a fun vid called Toyah and Roberts Sunday Lunch, and on Saturdays they have a Toyah and Robert's Upbeat Moments vid...which is really sweet, fun and often touching. Toyah leans to performance art and many of her Sunday lunch vids are kinda racey...but always fun and whimsical. She is pretty hot and can pull it off. For a woman in her 60's (or really any age)...she has it going on.
Even more important, it is obvious that they love each other very much.
Again, very very cool.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 02/03/2024 at 03:04 AM by Bamboo
 02/03/2024 06:54 AM

WorldBFree

Joined Forum: 10/27/2016

Right On Bamboo.

I have seen/listened to the Sunday broadcasts. They can be a hoot. As you mentioned, Toyah does her best to "upstage" hubby!

Initially I was pleasantly gob-smacked at the selections they played. It can be eye-opening to wander through someone else's album collection so to speak. Surprises can abound - we all have guilty pleasures that pride dictates we keep to ourselves. (I still have a soft spot for The Carpenters but I keep it low.)

It is a real pleasure to see Bob so laid back and happy. The tales by ex-Crimson members of his overbearing manner are countless. I suppose that is the price to pay for making art with perfectionist/genius types.

Slide On

Edited: 02/03/2024 at 06:54 AM by WorldBFree
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .