Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Zephyr - Sold My Heart
Topic Summary: Oldie but a...
Created On: 09/05/2023 07:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/05/2023 07:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WorldBFree

Joined Forum: 10/27/2016

Both nimble and gently rollicking, this charmer always brings a smile to my face.

I found this record in the used bin on a cold/rainy/gloomy day in mid-winter circa '81. My girl had broken my heart, school sucked, my roommate was an asshole and did I mention it was gloomy?

I spotted the album cover and I was immediately pulled in. I was truly in need of a glorious "Sunset Ride" towards palm trees.

Trust me...it was a random, well-timed gift from the Universe and it brought renewed hope! Enjoy.

-------------------------
Slide On

09/28/2023 09:22 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

It's amazing how music can bring us back and flood us with memories.
 09/30/2023 07:03 AM

WorldBFree

Dave for The Win!

For the fortunate among us, music is so much more than sound.
It gives...demanding nothing in return. A glorious, symbiotic relationship.

For my money, the day recorded music was invented is especially noteworthy. Suddenly we could all listen to the greatest players "in all the land" from the comfort of home! Pretty cool...what a gift.

"Music is a source of life.
Music is the only redeemer."
Noiseshaper

Slide On

09/30/2023 01:34 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

Great cover art : A DC 10 flying low over the water ( and under the radar ) at night in a Tropical setting ? I think there just MAY be some contraband on board ? (With any luck some of that load eventually actually showed up at your Dormitory way back when ! )

Edited: 09/30/2023 at 05:52 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 09/30/2023 06:37 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Reminds me of " Sea Level " :::::

Edited: 09/30/2023 at 06:51 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 10/02/2023 06:28 AM

WorldBFree

Originally posted by: JOESTRUMMER

Great cover art : A DC 10 flying low over the water ( and under the radar ) at night in a Tropical setting ? I think there just MAY be some contraband on board ? (With any luck some of that load eventually actually showed up at your Dormitory way back when ! )

Oh yeah! Chuck Leavell and Sea Level. That is a blast from the past.

I had a buddy who spun the hell out of both of those lp's. Those guys could play! Pretty smooth. Personally, I always thought they sounded more like The Yellowjackets with a set of balls.

Alas, the on-board Sunset Ride contraband was not made available to yours truly. Prolly Flyover Country issues. Indeed, part of the aforementioned "troubled times" was a distinct lack of ganja. I was down to stems and seeds and everyone knows that's not the way to cure a broken heart.

But in the meantime...don't bite the hand that feeds especially when it is "The Hand of Contraband".

Slide On

10/02/2023 03:16 PM

JOESTRUMMER

RE: Sea level , not exactly everyone's " Cup of tea " , but an extremely tight unit and sound , I loved how the fused Rock , Jazz and even Funk together as a whole , a very unique sound indeed . RE : Zephyr LP cover art : I thought that was a night flight , but on looking at the image once again that does to appear to be a sunset and not the moon , my bad ! ( PS: No proper herbage is a definite bummer , but if you had those seeds ,you should have found a place off campus to grow your own and then you would have been BMOC and had several new girlfriends as well ! )

Edited: 10/02/2023 at 03:46 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 10/03/2023 06:12 AM

WorldBFree

Originally posted by: JOESTRUMMER

RE: PS: No proper herbage is a definite bummer , but if you had those seeds ,you should have found a place off campus to grow your own and then you would have been BMOC and had several new girlfriends as well !

Damn! I coulda been "The Mack" and all I got was this lousy album.
It was all right there at my fingertips.

Too funny Joe. Great advice though.
Plant the seeds and they will grow. Like a freakin' Oracle for the Children of the Bhang.

Deep thoughts are always appreciated.

Slide On

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .