Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 2018 preseason Coach poll NCAA football
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/03/2018 09:21 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/13/2018 03:48 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Well, you guys don't vote in the AP or Coach's poll. Top Ten. Plus, back when UCF scheduled NC and Pitt, North Carlina was in the ACC title game and Pitt was 8 game winner. Didn't Pitt beat Miami last year? LOL. I admit UCF has a weak schedule, but the games have been over at half time. American conference has 3 teams ranked in top 25. USF and Cinci are on our schedule, then prob play Houston for title game. Wish Bama would schedule us. They won't. We are 1-0 against Bama. Again last time we played Bama, Georgia, Auburn, UCF won. Stanford comes to UCF next year. They ain't scared.

Playing 1-2 decent teams (maybe) per year is one thing .... playing a power 5 conference schedule is a wwwhhhooollleeee other.

-------------------------
"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 10/13/2018 04:55 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

I watched that USF vs Tulsa game last night. USF played horrible but pulled off a last second field goal to beat Tulsa.
 10/13/2018 04:38 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

UCF beats Memphis by the skin of their teeth.

10/14/2018 04:37 AM

Central Floridave

Great game. UCF 31 Memphis 30

Was pretty worried there!
 10/14/2018 04:38 AM

Central Floridave

"Want to knock UCF for a close one against a marginal Memphis team? OK. But give some credit to the Knights for some astounding second-half adjustments on defense. Memphis scored on its first six drives, but the second half went like this: punt, punt, fumble, fumble, punt, punt, clock. No, a one-point win isn't earning UCF any style points, but that second half was impressive."

http://www.espn.com/college-fo...ghlight-chaotic-week-7
 10/14/2018 04:42 AM

Central Floridave

Comparative scores: #9 UCF 45 Pitt 14 #5 Notre Dame 19 Pitt 14

Will be interesting on what the Coach/AP polls do today with the top ten upsets that happened yesterday.

Ouch, Virginia 16 Miami 13 Sorry Cane fans!
 10/14/2018 05:26 AM

Central Floridave

Nothing seemed to go right for UCF last night. Down two TDs in the 3rd and heavy rain started in the 2nd half. However, if you only watch one play of the game check out McKenzie Milton TD run at the 3:50 mark. The will to win is strong with Milton! Go Knights!

10/14/2018 11:18 AM

Central Floridave

Week 8 AP Poll. UCF stays at #10. Huh? Notre Dame moves up to #4 for barely beating Pitt. Huh? Kentucky moves up 4 slots and had a bye week. Huh?

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll
 10/14/2018 11:41 AM

Central Floridave

Another head scratcher...why does Oklahoma jump UCF? They lost to Texas two weeks ago and just had a bye week. That doesn't make sense either. But, whatev. Voters are obviously biased. Go Knights!
 10/14/2018 12:55 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Milton is a great QB.

A bit small for the usual NFL prototype but I believe he is a pro prospect.
 10/14/2018 02:03 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Another head scratcher...why does Oklahoma jump UCF? They lost to Texas two weeks ago and just had a bye week. That doesn't make sense either. But, whatev. Voters are obviously biased. Go Knights!

Because the voters understand that the reality is that UCF is not better than any of the teams above them and several of the teams below them.

The U played like crap and got their asses handed to them. While I am grateful that Richt has dif taken the program to a much better place ..... I am also fully aware that he was just never able to get Ga to the Promised Land.

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

10/14/2018 07:15 PM

Central Floridave

Larry. Notre Dame barely escaped Pitt. Ucf game against Pitt was over at half time.

You may want to start paying attention. UCF is a very good team and can compete with anyone.

But you prob think the canes are still better. Good luck with Pitt. A good measuring stick.

Memphis is a good team. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Missouri next weekend. They had revenge on their minds against UCF

Lots of football left. I was seriously thinking UCF had lost that game and my bragging was over. LoL.

19 game winning streak! Next weekend UCF travels to ECU for another conference game.
 10/15/2018 05:18 AM

LBLarry

Dave ...... TULANE beat Memphis by 20 .... does that mean that they are better than UCF?? Comparative scores are the single weakest way to evaluate teams. Some years back, using that criteria, you could "prove" that Slippery Rock was the Nat Champs.

I pay very close attention, only I do it through objective eyes. Which is the exact reason I won the 2ndlight pick the bowl game winners, 3 years in a row.

As for The U - vs - UCF ...... on a neutral field, The U wins 8 of 10 times.

10/15/2018 06:48 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

My trash talking came to a sudden hault hahah.. Props to UCF keep on rolling! Richt benching Perry lost us the game. The kid throws 4 Tds 0 Ints against state then throws 2 picks to Virginia and gets benched immediately. Richt is a great recruiter, decent head coach, horrible offensive coordinator especially with his son being the QBs coach. Miami's depth and talent at the wr position is unmatched. Go five wide and let Nkosi sling the rock instead Richt runs on 1st 2nd down not gaining a single yard in the process. It all starts and ends in the trenches and Miami can pass block but does not have the juice up front to move the ball consistently on the ground. So stupid.. Lose by three to Virginia GTFO
 10/15/2018 07:01 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: LBLarry

As for The U - vs - UCF ...... on a neutral field, The U wins 8 of 10 times.

No. As a fan of the U myself, that is delusional. I would put money on UCF to win more games head to head. They are simply a better team.
 10/15/2018 08:20 AM

Central Floridave

"Comparative scores are the single weakest way " What else we got then? Record? UCF undefeated. Hard to dispute that.

ESPN power rankings has UCF at #9. go dispute that then. What is that based on?

Both the AP and Coach poll has us a a top ten team. Dispute that.

Lane Kiffin on facing UCF: 'It's like facing an SEC opponent'

UCF is a better all around team than last year.

And, since you hate comparative scores, here is another one for you: Michigan 45 SMU 20 UCF 48 SMU 20 SMU got a garbage TD at end of UCF game and we had 2nd and 3rd string in the 3rd quarter. Michigan got pushed to the end of that SMU game.

And, btw Tulane is an improved team. They also beat Memphis in a torrential downpour. Maybe that is how you stop Memphis #1 in nation rushing attack. Prey for Rain...

And, we move to week 8....
 10/15/2018 08:36 AM

Central Floridave

Interesting games for the week:

Thursday:
Stanford at Arizona State

Friday:
Colorado State at Boise State (although I hate watching that blue turf)

Saturday:

#6 Michigan at #24 Michigan State Noon
#9 Oklahoma at TCU noon
#20 Cinci at Temple Noon
#1 Bama at Tenn 3:30pm Tenn just upset Auburn
#16 NC State at #3 Clemson NC-State undefeated for now

Memphis at Mizzou 4pm Only paying attention to see if Memphis looks good against SEC.

#22 Miss State at #5 LSU 7pm

#10 UCF at ECU 7pm ESPN2

Gators have a bye week before Georgia game

10/15/2018 10:37 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

Originally posted by: miker
Originally posted by: LBLarry As for The U - vs - UCF ...... on a neutral field, The U wins 8 of 10 times.
No. As a fan of the U myself, that is delusional. I would put money on UCF to win more games head to head. They are simply a better team.
Miker you are delusional to think UCF would win more head to head... Over a ten year span starting now... Come onnn mannn! If you asked the number one UCF cornerback to cover Miami's number one receiver 9 out of 10 times that corner is going to get dusted or have broken ankles and that safety over the top would be roasted too. The speed (explosive scoring) at Miami is not comparable to the lack of speed at UCF. Strength on the other hand (control the clock) which is just saddd for The U.. UCF's Dline would stuff Miami's Hogmolly's upfront this year. Realistically though how many points do you think UCF's offense could muster up against Miami's D at home year in and year out.. Not Alot
 10/15/2018 11:36 AM

johnnyboy

How about the Gators coming back after being down 21-3? Impressive comeback. LSU #5? All of this week's ratings are mysterious, especially after the bye week.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

10/15/2018 11:48 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Originally posted by: waterlizard25
Miker you are delusional to think UCF would win more head to head... Over a ten year span starting now... Come onnn mannn!

I was speaking of this team vs that team, now. 10x in a row.

Nobody can predict where the football teams will be over the next 10 years, so why would I try to? lol
FORUMS : NPNR : 2018 preseason Coach poll NCAA football

<< 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .