Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 2018 preseason Coach poll NCAA football
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/03/2018 09:21 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/03/2018 06:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

So, michigan deserved to stay closer to home. Really, Why again? We sent 40,000 fans to last year's Peach Bowl. Owned the place. What a mistake to not send us there against the gators. I definitely bet that Gator AD has a say in who they would play and wanted to avoid UCF. Is it really right to have no representation for UCF in that committee?
 12/03/2018 06:19 AM

johnnyboy

I think Michigan D crushes the gators and we have a game where the only points on either side are field goals or pick sixes. I too lost hope in the first half. The second half rivaled last year. Wow. no small task. Seriously entertaining. Who is scott frost again?

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/03/2018 07:25 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

i am not alone in thinking ucf would crush the gators if they played
 12/03/2018 08:05 AM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Originally posted by: Central Floridave
"As we looked at those four slots that we were gonna fill, Michigan being ranked No. 7 obviously deserved to stay closest to home, so that's what placed them in Atlanta," Mullens told ESPN.

LMAO! Michigan played Stanford in the very first Rose Bowl game in 1902, and have since played there 20 more times.

I'm sure they're familiar with the route to Pasadena, love the weather and hotels there, and would be happy to play another sorry Pac-10 team.

Peach Bowl really blew an opportunity.

I'd love to have a hidden mic in that CFP boardroom!
 12/03/2018 08:31 AM

Central Floridave

Someone explain why its Obvious Michigan deserved to stay close to home rather that UCF who just won their conference?

12/03/2018 12:21 PM

Central Floridave

Commentary: Gators AD Scott Stricklin: UF didn't duck UCF in the Peach Bowl

University of Florida athletics director Scott Stricklin wants to make one thing perfectly clear to those UCF fans who keep blowing up his Twitter account:

The Gators did not duck the Knights in the Peach Bowl.

"We would have loved to have played UCF in a bowl game," Stricklin told me Monday. "I think it would have been an exciting matchup and created a lot of interest, but we also think our game with Michigan is an exciting matchup, too."

The reason many conspiracy theorists believe the Gators vetoed a potential Peach Bowl game with UCF is because Stricklin is one of the 13 members of the College Football Playoff selection committee, which sets the match-ups for the major New Year's Six Access Bowls.

Not only that, but it sure seems fishy that the committee would pit Michigan against Florida in the Peach Bowl even though this will be the third time those two programs have met in last four years. UCF, meanwhile, is playing LSU in the Fiesta Bowl.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...wl-20181203-story.html
 12/03/2018 03:46 PM

LBLarry

Joined Forum: 05/25/2004

LMAO! Michigan played Stanford in the very first Rose Bowl game in 1902, and have since played there 20 more times.

Those were the days of set in stone conference ties to certain bowl games. In this case the winner of the Pac 12 and the Big !0 ...... ALWAYS played in the rose bowl.

"Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do." - Bertrand Russell

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

If I do not answer you .... nothing personal, I just have you on ignore.
 12/03/2018 03:50 PM

LBLarry

Originally posted by: Central Floridave

Commentary: Gators AD Scott Stricklin: UF didn't duck UCF in the Peach Bowl

University of Florida athletics director Scott Stricklin wants to make one thing perfectly clear to those UCF fans who keep blowing up his Twitter account:

The Gators did not duck the Knights in the Peach Bowl.

"We would have loved to have played UCF in a bowl game," Stricklin told me Monday. "I think it would have been an exciting matchup and created a lot of interest, but we also think our game with Michigan is an exciting matchup, too."

The reason many conspiracy theorists believe the Gators vetoed a potential Peach Bowl game with UCF is because Stricklin is one of the 13 members of the College Football Playoff selection committee, which sets the match-ups for the major New Year's Six Access Bowls.

Not only that, but it sure seems fishy that the committee would pit Michigan against Florida in the Peach Bowl even though this will be the third time those two programs have met in last four years. UCF, meanwhile, is playing LSU in the Fiesta Bowl.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com...wl-20181203-story.html

I think you should be happy about the perceived ducking and slight.

NOTHING has fueled your SQUAD'S run more that the ginormous chip they have on their shoulder ...... both last years and this years coaching staffs deserve major props for how they have used it to get your SQUAD up off the deck and playing with their hair on fire.

"Morality is doing what is right, regardless of what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told, regardless of what is right.

Edited: 12/03/2018 at 03:51 PM by LBLarry
 12/03/2018 07:56 PM

Central Floridave

Takes one of the Nation's best teams to play with your hair on fire and win 25 games in a row. Every team is bringing their A Game to knock you off. Glad to see you finally coming around.

Go Knights! Beat the Tigers! (auburn, memphis, and now LSU tigers) We know how to slay tigers!

Lets break down the other bowl games coming up. I'll take a good look at them the next few days.

Edited: 12/03/2018 at 07:57 PM by Central Floridave
 12/04/2018 05:45 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

The "BEST TEAM IN THE NATION" barely squeaks past Memphis twice in one year.. Bahaha still laughing at that one. Humble pie time The UCF squad deserves a lot of respect. If only we had a deeper playoff. I hope you all SMASH lsuwho for the beat down they put on my Canes. IMO That Auburn team from last year is trash compared to this lswho team. The defense lswho has is no joke. Good luck to UCF's O-line that front seven is scary stuff. Miami vs Wisconsin in the whitey tighty bowl.. Two ten win teams from last year that shit the bed this year. Its in NY.. Those badgers love playing us in the cold..
 12/04/2018 05:55 AM

waterlizard25

Joined Forum: 07/18/2012

On another note.. Old Bill Snyder Kansas States HC retires after 27 seasons. Old Paul Johnson's GT's Rambling Wrecks triple option will no longer be around the ACC as he plans to retire after the 11th season with the Yellow Jackets.
 12/04/2018 09:18 AM

Central Floridave

Best Team In The Nation...UNDEFEATED, UNDISPUTED...until we lose I'll keep repeating that.

Urban Meyer announces retirement. Probably should have been fired. Bill Snyder great coach! Loserville hires Appy State Coach.
 12/04/2018 04:46 PM

RegularJoe

Interesting factoid: Scott Frost voted UCF at #5 in the latest coaches poll, with Ohio State at #4. Gotta make his new conference look tough, I guess.
https://www.miamiherald.com/sp.../article222553705.html
The rest of the coaches and AP have us at #7, ahead of Michigan.
(Too bad they didn't consider that when deciding who deserved to stay closer to home.)

Saban voted Georgia #5.
https://www.miamiherald.com/sp.../article222553705.html

Some interesting comments here:
What Fans are saying about the Fiesta Bow

The Ringer put out an article titled, "UCF Didn't Lose a Game - but the Knights Lost to College Football's Playoff Cartel." In that article, Michael Baumann wrote: "After UCF received just a pat on the head and token inclusion in the Fiesta Bowl in exchange for a second straight undefeated season, it's clear that the selfsame power structure will never let the Knights have a shot at an actual national title."

Chris Vannini of the Athletic wrote, "It's not keeping UCF out of the Playoff that shows the fallacies of this process. It's that the Knights were clearly never taken seriously. ... This isn't even about an argument to put UCF in the Playoff. It's about everyone finally giving up the illusion that the Knights ever had a chance to begin with."

USA Today's Paul Myerberg said the CFP committee got UCF's ranking wrong, writing, "Getting into the top four was always a pipe dream, but UCF deserved to at least leapfrog Michigan and move into seventh after adding a very solid win against an eight-win Memphis team to cap its regular season. What did Michigan do on Saturday?"

From the Ringer: "If UCF beats three-loss LSU in the Fiesta Bowl, the Knights ought to claim another national championship this season. And another next year, and every year until Bama stops ducking them."

SB Nation felt that the committee "screwed up" the Peach and Fiesta Bowl matchups, writing, "Who'd wanna see an in-state battle and an all-new matchup when we can see Florida-Michigan for the hundredth time?"

Edited: 12/04/2018 at 04:48 PM by RegularJoe
 12/05/2018 06:41 AM

LBLarry

Hold up your hand if you think that Ol Urban is actually done being a Head Ball Coach

12/05/2018 09:33 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

In the big scheme of things, UCF will be better off playing LSU. They are a more formidable and respected team than my Gators and the Fiesta is a more prestigious bowl than the Peach. So, win should boost their ranking at season's end. And, a close loss to LSU might be better than a close win over the Gators. As far as the Gators ducking them, that is laughable; teams don't get to pick their bowl opponent. (If they did, UCF would be playing Bama). No bowl wants a team 2 years in a row if they can avoid it. That has been a rationale for many bowl matchups over many years. Dave has drunk so much Kool-Aid that his powers of reasoning are in the toilet. He sees conspiracies everywhere. (Of course, he was probably an engineering grad, so, his powers of logic and reasoning were limited to begin with.)
 12/05/2018 10:17 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

teams pick bowl opponents in a round about way. look who makes the decisions. also ucf cant help that teams wont schedule games with them regular season. it is lose lose for a power 5 team.
 12/05/2018 06:52 PM

RegularJoe

Another interesting factoid: Two voters ranked UCF at #4 in their AP poll votes, and one placed them at #16, putting 7 3-loss teams ahead of them.
You can see that dunderhead's complete vote at
https://collegepolltracker.com/football/pollster/don-williams/2018/week-15
Similar links are available for the other voters if you dig around that page.

UF coach Dan Mullen put his own Gators at #8 in the coaches' poll, LSU at 9, Penn State at 10, UCF at 11.
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/ballots/

Edited: 12/05/2018 at 06:57 PM by RegularJoe
 12/06/2018 10:05 AM

Central Floridave

Factoid for Garcia, The College Football Playoff Committee choses the bowl game match ups. The Athletic Director for the University of Florida sits on that committee.

UCF has zero representation on that committee.

That's a conspiracy?
 12/06/2018 11:13 AM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Only in your mind.
 12/06/2018 04:16 PM

Central Floridave

Real story behind UCF Knights' bowl bid remains a mystery

http://www.google.com/amp/s/ww...on-1206-story,amp.html
FORUMS : NPNR : 2018 preseason Coach poll NCAA football

<< 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .