Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Gracie Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu 50.00 per month Unlimited Training.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/13/2011 09:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/13/2011 09:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

HAVOCBJJ

Joined Forum: 07/13/2011

HAVOC BJJ is hat is located in Melbourne. Why pay 120 dollars per month to learn Jiu-Jitsu?  That is plain crazy.

Come learn authentic Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for 50 per month.  no long term contracts. training is available 5 days per week from 630 to 8 pm. Our instructor took a silver medal at the IBJJF world championships in 2010. Come in and give it a try for 2 weeks totally FREE.

Have questions? call 321-220-9932

07/13/2011 01:03 PM

Walker D

Joined Forum: 05/03/2006

Who is your instructor? And what rank did the instructor win a silver medal in?

-------------------------

07/13/2011 01:59 PM

Ripper65

Joined Forum: 12/08/2003

??????????????:

HAVOC BBJ WHO?????

Well then...........DO IT!!!
 07/13/2011 04:40 PM

GreenLantern

Joined Forum: 10/02/2007

at least they seem to be civil on their forum
and they dont go around calling each out

maybe they are more respectful of each other
and worry more about getting their butt kicked
if they call someone out cause they would have
to put up or shut up lol
 07/13/2011 07:57 PM

HAVOCBJJ

Our instructor is dennis davidson. He is a 3 stripe purple belt under 5 time world champion Daniel Moraes. 2 of his students won the NAGA national titles for both gi and no gi in 2010.  Their ranking accomplishment was covered by Florida Today.At the 2010 IBJJF no gi worlds  he placed 3 rd in purple belt absolute, and silver in purple belt medium heavy. He is a super nice guy, and is a very technical grappler.

50 dollars a month is part of the jiu-jitsu for the masses program. HAVOC is not  going to charge 100 or 120 like everyone else. That is just plain ridiculous. who the hell can afford that right now? HAVOC offers top quality jits instruction without the over inflated price.

Dennis is one of the best instructors in the area. He teaches because he loves it, and isnt trying to milk people for all of their money. He will be getting his brown belt from Daniel very soon.  His space is in a warehouse area, and has a low overhead. All of his students are tough. Daniel Moraes is one of the best grapplers in the world, and his purple belts regularly submit black belts.

For those of you that think an instructor needs a black belt to be effective, you really need to learn a few things about jiu-jitsu. Come take the 2 weeks, and then post what you think.

Edited: 07/13/2011 at 08:07 PM by HAVOCBJJ
 07/14/2011 02:47 AM

Walker D

Thanks for the info.

Are you  guys affiliated with Fighters Alley?

07/14/2011 04:10 AM

palerider

Joined Forum: 03/09/2005

good luck

Style is what you make it!

Edited: 11/10/2011 at 08:14 AM by palerider
 07/14/2011 05:59 AM

Walker D

Originally posted by: palerider Sounds like a catch.Get you in the door an then comes the hidden fees.Over priced gis with their name on it,high yearly membership dues and how long is the $50 a mionth good for?Judo is only $40 a month and the boxing club $100 for the year.

These guys seem to be trying to accomplish what most martial arts students would love to see.  A  more affordable full-time dojo.  If there are no contracts, they can't really slap you with hidden fees.  If they want you to buy one of there gis then so be it as long as there is no price gouging.

I would also ask you who the judo instructor is?

what is this persons rank?

Through what organization did they obtain their rank?

How many days a week can you train judo for $40/month?

Last time I checked there are only a hand full of legitimate judokas in Brevard County and the monthly fees at their dojo is $100/month $65/month for students to train full-time.

07/14/2011 07:14 AM

HAVOCBJJ

Originally posted by: palerider Sounds like a catch.Get you in the door an then comes the hidden fees.Over priced gis with their name on it,high yearly membership dues and how long is the $50 a mionth good for?Judo is only $40 a month and the boxing club $100 for the year.

there are always going to be nay sayers. Dennis teaches because he loves it. its 50 per month for as long as you want to train. no sign up fees, no high priced gis, no cancellation fees. In fact bring your own gi. Dennis is a part owner of fighters alley, and used to teach BJJ in that facility. the gi program is now totally seperate under him. He has a small 1500 sq ft facility, and his over head is low.

Dennis by the way, is an avid surfer and lives in Sat beach.

07/14/2011 07:47 AM

TheRooster

Joined Forum: 07/14/2011

WOW....some discussion going on around here. I just joined the forum after one of my students posted on here and said there was some concern about me or my classes. Let me introduce myself. 

My name is Dennis Davidson, and I love surfing and choking people  

I am a part owner of Fighters Alley MMA located in Melbourne  www.fightersalley.com

I am a retired MMA fighter, and long time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner. Yes, you can look me up on sherdog if you chose. I think they still have me under David Davidson. 

Anyway, for the last several years, I have been teaching gi jiu-jitsu at Fighters Alley, as well coaching both the amateur and professional fighters with regard to their jits.

Recently, I opened a small facility to seperate out our BJJ program. My rent is low, and I have passed the savings on to my students. I currently have about 15 gi students. These students include mostly white belts, and several blue belts, one of whom is well on his way to purple (he is 16 and is tapping out adults in competitions)

I am a purple belt under 5 time world champion, and close personal friend Daniel Moraes. Daniel is a 3rd degree black belt under Royler Gracie, and has beaten every good BJJ guy in Florida at least once. this list includes Vagner Rocha, Cyborg Abreu, Marcello Garcia, etc. To be honest, even Daniel said my prices were really low, and that I am almost under charging people.

I was able to take advantage of the poor commercial rent market, and obtain a space for 700.00 per month. This allows me to charge what I do, and cover the bills. unlike most martial arts instructors in the area, I am not obsessed with making a mountain of money, and as such, do not have to charge 100 or more per month. my academy is clean, and has all dollamur 1.5 inch mma mats.

I trained for several years in NY under former UFC champ Matt Serra, and paid 185 per month to do it. After coming down to Florida, I partnered with Brazilian Top Teams Edgard Dutra, and in fact I opened his school for him. Edgard is a great guy, and a good BJJ black Belt. Things just didnt work out between he and I, and I left and went to fighters alley.

Fighters Alley by the way, is the best MMA school in Brevard hands down. There are currently 3 belt holders in our camp, including Matt 'Tsunami' McCook who is a 145 pro champ.

Soooo.....

1) can you really train 5 days per week for 50 dollars per month?  YES you can.

2) are the contracts really month to month?  YEP

3) cancel for any reason?   Uh huh.

4) Do you sell expensive gis?  Nope.. I own HAVOC kimonos llc, and charge my students 85.00 for a gold weave competition gi  (try and match that anywhere) 

5) Do students have to wear my gis?   NOPE

6) Am I really a legitimate BJJ school?     come train for 2 weeks free and see for yourself. My lineage, and accomplishments as a BJJ fighter speak for themselves.

7) why the hell do I charge so little?  SIMPLE..  I want to pass on my art to those who want it, not limited to those who can afford to break off 100 bucks a month or more.

8) do I plan on getting rich doing this?  Obviously not, I have income from other sources that allow me to do what I do.

9) Do other schools love to run their mouths about me and my program?  Oh YEAH....  they have to ease their students in some way about the crazy prices they charge.

ok... so it was great meeting all of you... and I hope we get to talk out in the lineup one day. I live 100 yards from the ocean, and surf out at Cassia when its good.  Please come take some free jits classes. It may just change your life lol.

07/14/2011 07:55 AM

Walker D

Thanks for coming on here and clearing things up Dennis.

I'm stoked to see someone who is willing to teach for the love of the sport.

07/14/2011 08:00 AM

GreenLantern

Joined Forum: 10/02/2007

ditto the above

thank you

what ages do you train? got young? got old?
new? exp?

thanks
 07/14/2011 08:07 AM

TheRooster

you are quite welcome. Do you train at all? I am looking to add maybe 15 more students to my academy. The space isnt huge, and a class can only hold about 20 guys. As with most schools, rarely does every student attend every day.

Daniel Moraes is in Brazil until August, but both he and Ryan Brinkman (one of Daniel's only 2 brown belts in the USA) come down to teach at my school from time to time. Students at my school have open and free access to the Jacksonville academy where Daniel and Ryan teach. Daniel's brother Diego Moraes will also be coming down to Havoc to teach when he is in the US.

I encourage anyone who even thought about training BJJ to come down and take some free classes. It is a beautiful art that has been proven to be the most effective. I have seen small women submit 250 pound men many times.

07/14/2011 08:11 AM

TheRooster

my classes are open to men and women between the ages of 13 and 99 lol. We are in the process of offering some kids classes as well. it is open to any experience level. all you need is a gi, and the desire to learn. We are a family type atmosphere, with no judgements, or negativity.

07/14/2011 08:28 AM

Walker D

Wow!  Daniel Moraes is no joke.  Anyone who knows anything about Daniel knows that it would be an honor to take even a single class under him.

Just to show how effective BJJ can be against a massive opponent/attacker, here is a video of an NFL Linemen vs. a BJJ practicioner.  Don't know who the NFL guy is but I think the BJJ guy is Gil Castillo (under Ceasar Gracie??).  Don't quote me on that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0K1y4nGKQA

07/14/2011 08:53 AM

TheRooster

Daniel is awesome, and a super nice guy. I have learned so much from him. He is planning on staying with me for a week at a time every month, and then teaching all of my classes while he is here. Attending one of his classes is a great experience for any bjj student.

Most people dont realize that Daniel's uncle was the minister of sports for the country of Brazil, and was a huge factor in al of the MMa guys from brazil getting sponsored by the country to compete around the world. Daniel's uncle also opened Relson Gracie's first school in Brazil for him. Daniel is family to the Gracies. Daniel's brother Diego is also a world class Black Belt, and runs their family school Gracie Ilia on a beautiful island outside of Rio.

He currently is training Allen Belcher, and uriah faber for their fights. Team Moraes is growing around the country, with many schools requesting to become part of the asociation. i am very lucky to have such a great instructor and friend.

07/14/2011 05:15 PM

palerider

Joined Forum: 03/09/2005

John Schmidt Kong Martial arts Indialantic,Fl Judo Black belt .Also has training in BJJ .3 days a week.

Style is what you make it!

Edited: 11/10/2011 at 08:16 AM by palerider
 07/14/2011 05:28 PM

TheRooster

Yes you can earn a belt. any belt given by me is as Daniel Moraes put it "the same as given by me".

If you are looking for a quick belt however, then my academy is not the place. Daniel Moraes and myself under him are very scrutinous when it comes to promotions. Our lineage is pure, and we protect it.

John, I believe I know who you are. you used to train with renato no? If my memory serves me correctly, you are also a purple belt under Renato.

Although my academy does not regulary have judo classes, I have a resident Judo brown belt who instructs some times with regard to gi takedowns and throws. I also have a world class Judo guy come in from time to time to teach. He is a good friend of mine, and stops in when he is in town. You may have heard of him.  2 time USA Olympian, and national champ Rhadi Ferguson.

Edited: 07/15/2011 at 09:58 AM by TheRooster
 08/07/2011 09:54 PM

justjohn

Joined Forum: 08/07/2011

Hi rooster.  Very strange that someone represented themselves as me on a forum.  By circumstance I was told that my name was mentioned here.  I hear you guys are working hard at your school and wish you the best. Renato is a friend of mine and a great person.  I am always looking to promote mutual respect in the martial arts community.  If you ever want to work together in some fashion, my door is always open. john

08/08/2011 05:30 AM

wetspot

Joined Forum: 02/09/2005

Originally posted by: TheRooster

My name is Dennis Davidson, and I love surfing and choking peopleĀ 

Do you ever surf Millennium?

That boy's got somethin' wrong with his medulla oblongata.
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .