Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Can anyone recommend a PT in Brevard?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/13/2024 08:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/13/2024 08:55 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfmcc32

Joined Forum: 11/11/2009

shattered upper part of tibia and lower part of femur skateboarding back in late December, bombing a hill in Jersey got the wobbles and ended up with my knee on the curb. Couple beers deep on xmax with no helmet..coulda been much worse so just thankful for no head injury. Got surgery 3 days later where they put in a plate and some screws. I Then worked with a really good PT in Long Beach, NY had a pool and pressurized treadmill and attentive staff and they got me walking within 2 months or so, earlier then doctor expected. initially 3 months to walk, 6 months to work on boats again and to surf. Still struggling a lot with pain and balance, riding a wave standing up seems daunting at this point and I don't know how much to "push it". Any advice and/or recommendations greatly appreciated edit: should add that I'm working with Cora Physical Therapy in Orlando but it's pretty shitty to be honest.

Edited: 03/13/2024 at 09:00 AM by surfmcc32
 03/13/2024 10:45 AM

ofdphildo

Joined Forum: 09/17/2005

I had some shoulder overuse stuff a couple years ago and I used Top Tier on Wickham Rd. They have several locations though. I worked with Chris Wicker. I would use them again if I had to. At the time he was working with a lot of LPGA golfers.
 03/13/2024 01:28 PM

spindrift

Joined Forum: 10/28/2016

I had a rather botched hip replacement last year through Jewett ortho by a piece of shit named Mark Munro...avoid at all costs!
He essentially left me in the weeds, never came to the hospital, downhill from there.
Through Brevard Health Alliance, I was introduced to the wonderful orthopedic surgeon Carlos Woodward, who apparently did CurtisFlush's shoulders.
He sent me to the pt he used after his double knee replacements. He named is Dr. Forest Mcdowell through Steward Ortho in Melbourne. He has given me surf oriented exercises that are highly effective.
He is an actual MD, not a guy with a certificate. He has saved my ass, friends. Let me know if you need contact info

-------------------------
spindrift

Edited: 03/13/2024 at 01:31 PM by spindrift
 03/13/2024 02:00 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Forest and Corky used to own Brevard Physical Therapy which I used years ago (knee and shoulder). I worked more with Corky as Forest was more of the back guy. Both were top notch, but Corky left the biz to pursue his passion and is now the pastor at Georgiana Methodist. Haven't dealt with Forest in 30 years, but based on my experience then, Forest is a great recommendation. Didn't know he was an MD, though. Must have gone back to school as I am pretty sure he was not one then.
 03/13/2024 02:01 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Just looked him up. He is a DPT, not an MD.
 03/14/2024 04:57 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

So I'm one degree of separation from Corky.
 03/15/2024 12:09 PM

slideaway

Joined Forum: 12/22/2008

Kaitlyn at New Wave PT is really good

"It's always better than it looks from the crossover."

03/27/2024 01:12 AM

spindrift

Joined Forum: 10/28/2016

A dpt requires an additional 3 years training beyond your usual jr. college phys ed therapist grad folks. And forest mcdowell has a long local record of helping with local athletic programs.
Focused right in on my issues and provided terrific surf centric stretch and strengthening methods.
and.....he's the guy the terrific ortho surgeon Carlos Woodward used after his own twin knee replacement surgeries

spindrift

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .