Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: A fun sit down with Mike Mann, the owner and founder of Longboard House in Indialantic.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/29/2024 06:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/29/2024 06:53 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

02/29/2024 03:55 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

Dave ,' " VERY much trying to not be an absolute hater here , but this Clown ,Mike Mann is a TOTAL joke ,him and Balsa Bill should have a Youtube channel together . Their only goal is to gleam & scam as much coin off of the unsuspecting populous as possible . When do you think either One ACTUALLY surfed last ????? ( PS : Everyone that I know has always refereed to it as the " Wrongboard House " )--No Offense ,just a VERY STRONG personal opinion. And the gentlemen to his immediate right appears to be a fellow promoter as well , watch what his next video may be ?----this is all a SCAM to promote living on the beach and eventually turning your local neighbor hoods into YET more AND more short term rentals .Truth said and buyer beware !

Edited: 03/01/2024 at 02:11 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 02/29/2024 06:38 PM

JOESTRUMMER

xx

Edited: 02/29/2024 at 06:49 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 02/29/2024 07:25 PM

garcia

Joined Forum: 03/12/2007

Spot on, Joe. Just another tourism commerical.
 02/29/2024 11:49 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Brother G : , I thank you for the affirmation and support !****---- Unforeseeable us more " Crazy Baldheads " are consequently migrating South

Edited: 03/01/2024 at 12:25 AM by JOESTRUMMER
 03/01/2024 06:50 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

As a kid growing up in North Miami , I knew Mann. Yep: "hustler"
Bought my second board from him : Surfboard House. They used to charge $9 a month to store a board at the Sunny Isles location. I got really pissed when I found out that it was being used by other people. ( I took the bus to the beach )

For me "Oceanside" was different. The best board I ever had was an Oceanside custom.
9'4" pintail, green color.

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 03/01/2024 07:08 AM

garcia

Yeah, I was saddened to hear that Oceanside and Bill F. were part of his business history. I liked them and Oceanside was my "go to" throughout high school (when we moved further south into Sat Beach proper after the Pineda was built).
 03/01/2024 07:13 AM

garcia

You said "Oceanside Custom" but I read "Oceanside Standard" which was one of my favorite boards. I was at a paddleout about 10-12 years ago and guy had one that was absolutely pristine, not a blemish, ding or pressure spot on it. I about flipped. He had bought it new and gotten hurt or moved away or... and had quit surfing right after he got it. I asked if he wanted to sell it and got a big (and well-justified) "NO!!!!" from his wife. A few years later, he called me to sell it as he needed the money for a family issue. I was heartbroken as I had just lost my job and was dialing back the finances severely, so I had to turn it down. Man, what an lost opportunity.
 03/01/2024 08:17 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

I've never been into longboard house or know the two on the video. Just thought it was interesting. Interesting the shop has haters. Never knew. I always went to Spectrum (R.I.P.) instead.
 03/01/2024 08:44 AM

garcia

I appreciate you posting. It is relevant to our lifestyle, but MM has a bunch of people he left strewn in his path. He is not well loved in general.
 03/01/2024 12:40 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Originally posted by: jdbman
As a kid growing up in North Miami , I knew Mann. Yep: "hustler"
Bought my second board from him : Surfboard House. They used to charge $9 a month to store a board at the Sunny Isles location. I got really pissed when I found out that it was being used by other people. ( I took the bus to the beach )
For me "Oceanside" was different. The best board I ever had was an Oceanside custom.
9'4" pintail, green color.

I thought that was the same sleazeball scammer. Him and his buddy margolis used to bootleg/counterfeit boards using the logos of the truly great overlin brothers.
There was another furball named herbie involved.
Didn't know he was behind LH.....i won't go back

It's a democratic hoax
 03/01/2024 01:35 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Both Mike Mann and Balsa Bill give off a very noticeably " Slimy Vibe " ----much like a Used Car salesman ,who cant wait to sell you a lemon and get your ass off the lot ASAP! ( RE: Garcias comment : " I appreciate you posting. It is relevant to our lifestyle, " Dave : I agree , it shines a VERY bright light on the wanabees , hasbeens and COCK Roaches of the industry , job well done indeed ! )

Edited: 03/01/2024 at 08:39 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 03/01/2024 04:44 PM

DixieBoy

Joined Forum: 05/17/2016

Forgive my being yet another contributing to the thread drift here, but I have little to say here about Mike Mann. However ... I was a big fan of Oceanside Surfboards, Bill Feinberg, Marjane, AND Mike Margolis, who helped them manage the Cocoa Beach shop (just south of 23rd Street back then). As a high school kid in 1970, coming over from Orlando, Mike Margolis and Bill and Marjane ALWAYS made me feel welcome. I bought an Oceanside Instrument (shaped by Johnny Rice) in '70, and Margolis insisted I take two Oceanside tee shirts and more Frog Wax than I could carry. Always loved that shop. Many fond memories. Years later, when I worked for a time for him, I learned that Steve Holloway and his friend Bill Eberwein were the guys doing dings in the back, giving the shop that authentic smell. RIP Steve. Figured I would leave comments about MM to others, as I don't have anything positive to contribute. But this thread jogged really fond memories of my Oceanside Instrument (and my good friend's Oceanside Javelin). My Instrument had almost no nose rocker. I liked my friend's Javelin better. By Fall of 1971 I was on an Oceanside Hooker! All of 5'8" long. I learned alot on that board. Hey guy, thanks for the mammaries, as my old compadre used to say. DixieBoy, AKA Joe Roberts, from long ago.

Edited: 03/01/2024 at 04:53 PM by DixieBoy
 03/02/2024 09:34 AM

Cole

Mann. lol

No thanks.

I was right.
 03/02/2024 04:19 PM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

Originally posted by: JOESTRUMMER

Dave ,' " VERY much trying to not be an absolute hater here , but this Clown ,Mike Mann is a TOTAL joke ,him and Balsa Bill should have a Youtube channel together . Their only goal is to gleam & scam as much coin off of the unsuspecting populous as possible . When do you think either One ACTUALLY surfed last ????? ( PS : Everyone that I know has always refereed to it as the " Wrongboard House " )--No Offense ,just a VERY STRONG personal opinion. And the gentlemen to his immediate right appears to be a fellow promoter as well , watch what his next video may be ?----this is all a SCAM to promote living on the beach and eventually turning your local neighbor hoods into YET more AND more short term rentals .Truth said and buyer beware !

Hey Joestrummer, The thread is not about Bill Yerkes. Its kinda shitty you would use a thread about Mike Mann to trash Bill. When do you think the last time he surfed? I surfed with him behind his shop a couple months ago, So try a little harder at not being a absolute hater, You are doing a crappy job.
 03/02/2024 06:02 PM

JOESTRUMMER

I , very much, respectfully and strongly disagree with your Opinion . I stand by my statement , " Two birds of a Feather "

Edited: 03/03/2024 at 08:44 AM by JOESTRUMMER
 03/03/2024 10:22 PM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

I was a patron. During the board shortage a couple of years ago, I ended up putting a Mashup helium there on layaway. They were the only shop within 200 miles that had it, and I really wanted that board.

I am indifferent to surf shops. They're all the same, they have to sell the lifestyle because they make most of their money on clothes and trinkets, not on surfboards. Anyway, don't locals just judge them by how many sales ladies in skimpy outfits they have walking around?

Edited: 03/03/2024 at 10:28 PM by seaspray
 03/04/2024 11:09 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Hating on Balsa Bill is the wrong way to go, a standup guy involved in surfing since the 50's and a great influence on many with his weekly bible study group at 5th ave. Mike is a businessman who is out to make a profit (capitalism) with some of the most collectable boards around, and also some great surfers that worked for him. P.S.--he surfed until he couldn't! Yes I own one of them, a signed Velzy 422!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18

Edited: 03/04/2024 at 11:10 AM by crankit
 03/04/2024 12:18 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Well now ,pray tell ,what does the Bible say about " Coveting another mans wife " ? Because that is exactly what Balsa Bill did to One of my best friends , they had an affair that broke up his marriage ( And they had a young son at the time as well ) I bet he does not mention that in his Bible study group !

Edited: 03/04/2024 at 08:46 PM by JOESTRUMMER
 03/04/2024 01:07 PM

MyNameIsRobertPaulson

Joined Forum: 08/14/2014

Originally posted by: JOESTRUMMER Well now ,what does the Bible say about " Coveting another mans wife " ? Because that is exactly what Bala Bill did to One of my best friends , they had an affair that broke up his marriage ( And they had a young son at the time as well ) I bet he does not mention that in his Bible study group !
+1
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .