Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Broken valve dumps more sewage...
Topic Summary: Hits to the lagoon keep coming.
Created On: 08/13/2019 12:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/18/2019 10:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

No, you are wrong. July was the hottest month ever recorded since record taking began 140 years ago. It has nothing to do with ice ages, magic or any other BS. We are causing it and it is going to get worse.

Enough of the 1950's way of thinking, we need to address this issue and address it now.

-------------------------
I was right.
 08/18/2019 10:10 AM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: cheaterfiveo
Originally posted by: Greensleeves It's so weird how everyone knows that people have f-ed up the environment here locally but some are still climate change deniers. Priorities need to be rearranged.
I agree, Too much poop caused too much poop to flow, which was caused by too many Demogoons trying to move here from up north. Climate change has been changing since the planet began, remember Ice Age in 4th grade?, Climate is cyclical, watch the jet stream how it changes winds, which changes rain, which changes weather. Look at the big picture. Pollution is pollution just to cut you off at the pass,
This guy thinks the problem with air pollution is solved by the wind blowing it away!

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 08/18/2019 12:49 PM

SkimNinja

Joined Forum: 04/25/2007

I'm so over the crap water quality here. The summer flatness is getting to me too. Wifey and I have been pondering a move just outside the 'burbs in Colorado where we'd have well water. Even though aquifers can get contaminated too I'd take well water and a basic filtering system over the city water any day.
 08/18/2019 01:03 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Here in Suntree we are on Cocoa water. So far, so good.

Dora Hates You
 08/19/2019 08:56 AM

Greensleeves

beater5 is a science denier. I tell people that surfing is a thinking person's game. But there is no denying that morons surf. People like beater5 are what progress and having a good society are up against. That harmful climate change is being caused by humans is undeniable. Science

That humans will experience problems with water pollution and potable water availability is already happening.

Edited: 08/19/2019 at 08:57 AM by Greensleeves
 08/19/2019 10:15 AM

cheaterfiveo

Joined Forum: 08/29/2013

Originally posted by: all3

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

It's so weird how everyone knows that people have f-ed up the environment here locally but some are still climate change deniers.

Priorities need to be rearranged.

I agree, Too much poop caused too much poop to flow, which was caused by too many Demogoons trying to move here from up north. Climate change has been changing since the planet began, remember Ice Age in 4th grade?, Climate is cyclical, watch the jet stream how it changes winds, which changes rain, which changes weather. Look at the big picture. Pollution is pollution just to cut you off at the pass,

This guy thinks the problem with air pollution is solved by the wind blowing it away!

Didnt say that said climate changes as time passes, you cannot change the process by all the other offenders magnifying our output. How may of you have quit electricity or cars, boats or evennplanes. Didnt think so

Truth is guys like Al Gore are making money off this scare. Look at his new push for stopping meat as food source, he invested billions in the vegan bs food replacement. He was backing carbon credits, guess who was making money off that? Climate dupers unite but walk the walk if you are gonna talk the talk

Edited: 08/19/2019 at 10:16 AM by cheaterfiveo
 08/19/2019 10:37 AM

mp2115

Joined Forum: 05/29/2009

Wabasso beach yesterday during the outgoing tide the water came out of the inlet and change the water quality in a matter of minutes. Never seen that before there was such a contrast between clear ocean water and runoff brackish water ECT. It was terrible to see that and Wabasso is miles south of the inlet.
 08/19/2019 11:52 AM

Greensleeves

Hey beater5 is speaking in tongues! "you cannot change the process by all the other offenders magnifying our output" what the he$$?

beater5 has no idea who is doing what for the climate yet laying down uneducated judgement. Just a sad hater preaching the way a curmudgeon does while on the wrong side of where a good human should be.

The algae blooms have brought out all sorts of people like him. In the face of obvious changes in nature a typical thoughtless statement would be "Red tide is natural" Doi. But human waste and pollution has in all likelihood exacerbated the blooms. At the very least humans have thrown the ecosystems out of whack.
 08/19/2019 12:22 PM

all3

Joined Forum: 12/28/2011

Originally posted by: all3
Originally posted by: Greensleeves It's so weird how everyone knows that people have f-ed up the environment here locally but some are still climate change deniers. Priorities need to be rearranged.
Didnt say that said climate changes as time passes, you cannot change the process by all the other offenders magnifying our output. How may of you have quit electricity or cars, boats or evennplanes. Didnt think so Truth is guys like Al Gore are making money off this scare. Look at his new push for stopping meat as food source, he invested billions in the vegan bs food replacement. He was backing carbon credits, guess who was making money off that? Climate dupers unite but walk the walk if you are gonna talk the talk
In a previous thread where I was trying to explain step by step how the exhaust from internal combustion engines is changing our climate we got to the point of dangerous levels of pollution in the LA Basin under certain weather conditions. You said that eventually the wind would blow it away. I gave up my car.

"I remember South Africa in the late 70's, sleeping on the beach at J-bay, smoking ganja with the blacks. On weekends we'd go to the pub in East London to drink beer and fight with the Afrikaners. They liked to fight, I liked to fight. It was a good time"
 08/21/2019 11:49 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Originally posted by: mp2115

Wabasso beach yesterday during the outgoing tide the water came out of the inlet and change the water quality in a matter of minutes. Never seen that before there was such a contrast between clear ocean water and runoff brackish water ECT. It was terrible to see that and Wabasso is miles south of the inlet.

Brown floating mass off Indian River beaches likely unrelated to Brevard sewage spill, sewage director says

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY - A mysterious dark mass floating off beaches appears to be pollution and likely unrelated to a recent sewage spill in Brevard County, a water official said Monday.

Rob Bolton, director of the Water and Sewage Administration for Vero Beach, said he is familiar with a recent sewage spill near Satellite Beach Aug. 12 but said there is no way the black mass seen in Indian River County is related.

"The sewage would have dispersed and deteriorated long before it ever reached that far south," Bolton said. "But it's weird. I've never seen anything like that."

Bolton said the 1,000 gallons of sewage released near Satellite Beach Aug. 12 would have mixed into the Banana River and the Indian River Lagoon long before it made its way into the ocean. Even if traces of sewage did make it to the sea, Bolton said, it would not have traveled as far as it did - nearly 32 miles south - without disintegrating into the ocean.

USA Today

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 08/21/2019 12:45 PM

SunriseSurfer

Hightower brown today 21 Aug 2019
Yuk!!!

Puerto Rico 11 - 24 - 2013
 09/12/2019 04:51 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: RiddleMe
Originally posted by: dingpatch And, also, the actual, old, dump at Patrick was to the west of the end of the runway, taking up what is the southern portion of what was called the "Survival Area". It was not where South Patrick Shores is now located.
except you are wrong. ive seen pictures showing military dump site over sps. old canal also ran right through sps from base carrying toxic crap. also there are people literally digging up military waste in their yards in sps. there are hundreds of pictures of it online. seen it first hand myself in a friend's yard when helping with landscaping
sorry to do this to ding, but this is such a big issue to the area that i have to put correct information out. the reason you dont know about the military dumping is occurred likely before you were born, or were a really young lad. before sps was sps. sps just got fuds eligibility and the gov admits using it as a military dump site. posted link to doc in npnr. probably best to discuss it there since it isnt about surfing. anyhow, here is a quote from the finding:
"In October 2018, the Corps began re-evaluating a portion of the property now known as the South Patrick Shores Subdivision to determine if the military acquired or used any part of the area. Research teams visited numerous National Archives facilities in three states, and teams were able to locate various letters and memoranda not previously available. Recently located records (not available during the investigation conducted in 1991) indicate that during the construction of the base, the Navy began using an area south of the base for disposal activities. As the Navy prepared to deactivate the base, teams from the public works department sought to restore the disposal area to the property owner's satisfaction. They burned all of the trash and other debris and buried what remained. In 1948, the property owner indicated he was satisfied with the restoration process. These recently identified historical records indicate that while the Navy did not own the property, the Navy did "otherwise possess" it which makes the Off-Base Disposal Area eligible for the Formerly Used Defense Sites program. Aerial photographic analysis of 1947 imagery indicates the apparent maximum extent of the disposal area, based on ground disturbances, is approximately 25 acres. The Off-Base Disposal Area is about 52 miles southeast of Orlando between Patrick Air Force Base and Satellite Beach. It is bounded by Ocean Boulevard to the north, Clairbourne Avenue to the south, Pelican Drive to the west, and Highway A1A to the east. The Corps signed the documentation that makes the Off-Base Disposal Area eligible for the Formerly Used Defense Sites program on August 24, 2019. The Corps is working in coordination with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Brevard County, and other appropriate agencies and will follow the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act process to evaluate the Off-Base Disposal Area. The first step is to conduct a Preliminary Assessment. It will assess site history and the Navy's use of the land and will determine if further investigations are warranted. We will post it on the Corps' website along with other project documents."

Edited: 09/12/2019 at 05:14 AM by RiddleMe
FORUMS : Surfing : Broken valve dumps more sewage...

<< 1 2 3 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .