Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Buying property in El Salvador - any advice or assistance is appreciated
Topic Summary: Looking to buy an oceanfront home or lot in the next year - Edit. We did it and have been owners for 5 years,
Created On: 04/28/2017 09:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/03/2024 01:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Dahui321

Joined Forum: 08/29/2014

I am soooo glad no one from fl wants to" INVEST" where I trip to!!! Safe, cheap, empty..... Hope it stays that way!!! Gringos invest for one reason only.... $$$$$$.
 03/03/2024 04:28 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

this kept me from buying land in CR

http://www.costarica.com/real-estate/squatters-rights
 03/04/2024 08:23 AM

nsbkook

Joined Forum: 12/07/2011

I'm glad I got in before the "bukele boom". My home's now worth four times what I paid for it.
 03/04/2024 08:24 AM

nsbkook

Originally posted by: Dahui321

I am soooo glad no one from fl wants to" INVEST" where I trip to!!! Safe, cheap, empty.....

Pick Two
 03/04/2024 04:02 PM

Kimo63

Joined Forum: 04/22/2012

nsbkook , when you surf at your place, which is is your primary break you go to. I surfed K-59 down the road from you a couple years ago and did enjoy the wave. So to do you surf behind your house or walk to the main point ? It sounds like there is three breaks to Mizata
 03/19/2024 07:53 AM

nsbkook

Originally posted by: Kimo63

nsbkook , when you surf at your place, which is is your primary break you go to. I surfed K-59 down the road from you a couple years ago and did enjoy the wave. So to do you surf behind your house or walk to the main point ? It sounds like there is three breaks to Mizata

I'll occasionally surf behind my house if the conditions are right (high tide, offshore wind, small to midsize swell)

If the conditions are "just right" there's a beach break within walking distance from my house in the direction of mizata called sihuapalapa. If it's working you can stand in neck high water and catch little shoulder high micro barrels.

Mizata is a five minute drive down the road. On a big swell I'll go surf the left at Negrei, which is about 20 minutes away. Negrei needs a head high+ swell just to start working.

As you mentioned, K59 (and El Zonte) are nice breaks a little further down the road.
 03/19/2024 10:06 AM

Kimo63

Joined Forum: 04/22/2012

Thanks for the insight , love to get back there again. People are so nice
 03/20/2024 06:39 PM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Don't. At least until you have talked to at least two people who have already done it. I did it in Zihuatanejo, Mexico and had to luck out to exit with most of my money recovered. El Salvador is much more sketchy. There is a huge difference in buying to live there full time and buying to make trips there. The problem is what happens when you aren't there. And believe me, things will happen.

Flow

Concur

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 04/03/2024 02:23 PM

nsbkook

Originally posted by: jdbman

Don't. At least until you have talked to at least two people who have already done it. I did it in Zihuatanejo, Mexico and had to luck out to exit with most of my money recovered. El Salvador is much more sketchy. There is a huge difference in buying to live there full time and buying to make trips there. The problem is what happens when you aren't there. And believe me, things will happen.

Flow

Concur

Agree that the difference between living full time and making trips is big - and you need to plan - and invest - accordingly.

Have owned my property remotely for 7 years now with no issues - although I'm sure that's because

1. I have a full time caretaker and family that live in their own house on the property. They handle the security of the property as well as the maintenance, groundskeeping, cleaning, laundry and cooking. It's like being on my own private all-inclusive resort - except I own it.

2. I'm there at least once a month to keep an eye on things.
FORUMS : Surfing : Buying property in El Salvador - any advice or ass...

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .