Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Karl
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/17/2016 04:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/17/2016 04:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 09/17/2016 12:16 PM

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

Weather Underground today mentions the outside chance of a US landfall in about 9 days.  

09/17/2016 06:50 PM

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

Big jump up in intensity predictions...  let's hope this spins up nice then does that Recurve to send us nice waves but not cause any harm to property / lives

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

09/17/2016 08:02 PM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Dora Hates You
 09/19/2016 05:24 AM

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yeah for more surf!
 09/19/2016 06:47 AM

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

last couple of weeks have been super fun - is everyone gonna quit bitching yet???

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

09/19/2016 06:57 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

What day will be best?!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 09/19/2016 07:11 AM

CRETIN

Joined Forum: 02/19/2015

Also what time of the day will be ideal to surf, narrow it down to 2-4 hour window. Also please state which spot is going to be working best. Lastly, I'm going to need recommendations on what size/type board to ride for these conditions.

"If you'll have but a little Patience, you may see them make very noble Efforts towards striking off the Heads of the tall Poppies". This message is approved by CRETIN
 09/19/2016 07:16 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

Next Saturday, Jetty Park & Cocoa Pier should be firing from 11-3.... I'd reccomend a funshape for optimal performance

and I'm gonna bitch till we get some real juice......   

09/19/2016 07:43 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: CRETIN

Also what time of the day will be ideal to surf, narrow it down to 2-4 hour window. Also please state which spot is going to be working best. Lastly, I'm going to need recommendations on what size/type board to ride for these conditions.

That is asking much, I doubt anyone would be able to accurately produce that informations, but who knows there are some smart folks on this thread board!

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 09/19/2016 08:04 AM

Plan B

I think most of those intensity models are out to lunch...... 

I hope I'm wrong, as I'd LOVE some CAT4 juice as it slowly cruises up the atlantic, but I'm just not seeing it.

09/19/2016 10:43 AM

Seth

Joined Forum: 09/14/2004

Originally posted by: Plan B

Next Saturday, Jetty Park & Cocoa Pier should be firing from 11-3.... I'd reccomend a funshape for optimal performance

and I'm gonna bitch till we get some real juice......   

Nice try kooks......more like 4 to 7pm.
 09/19/2016 10:55 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

This forecast looks too far out to say whether the magic will happen or not. We shall see. As always, surf the most crowded spot, it means you know at least as much as everyone else, and since nothing draws a crowd like a crowd, jump right in and start complaining.

Unless its bigger than overhead, then many wont make it out. That's good for the crowd. Those that do make it out will then see the number of guys actually catching waves at about 60%, because your 6'1' 18 1/2" 2 1/4" cant paddle into better than overhead surf very well.

If its big, like double overhead, its closed out and onshore. If its not closed out and onshore, most people will crowd the inlets for the ease of paddle outs. This means that their tiny boards and big dreams will bob up and down, cuss when they paddle and pull out or just plain miss. THe percentage of guys actually surfing at this point goes to around 20%, These are guys riding guns and semi-guns and have spent their vacations on surf trips.

No matter how big the wave is, there will always be 10% standing on the boardwalk, dressed very fashionably in surf shirts, cool trunks, the latest lost hat and authentic surf flip flops not surfing. They are discussing the tide, the wind, the isobars, arianna grande street cred, the best time to go, which is never in the present and the forecast. Its a dude bra fest. So much lingo flying that you would think they have black belts in talking. They will never surf, but they are surfers and they know everything.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

09/19/2016 11:28 AM

dkaye

Joined Forum: 08/19/2007

I'll be there with my buddies!

https://www.instagram.com/dj_kaye_/

09/19/2016 11:34 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

Hmm... I rode a 6'0 at close to DoH in Nica with no problems 2 years ago. I retired that board though and ride a 6'4 instead there now.

09/20/2016 05:13 AM

Plan B

Originally posted by: johnnyboy This forecast looks too far out to say whether the magic will happen or not. We shall see. As always, surf the most crowded spot, it means you know at least as much as everyone else, and since nothing draws a crowd like a crowd, jump right in and start complaining. Unless its bigger than overhead, then many wont make it out. That's good for the crowd. Those that do make it out will then see the number of guys actually catching waves at about 60%, because your 6'1' 18 1/2" 2 1/4" cant paddle into better than overhead surf very well. If its big, like double overhead, its closed out and onshore. If its not closed out and onshore, most people will crowd the inlets for the ease of paddle outs. This means that their tiny boards and big dreams will bob up and down, cuss when they paddle and pull out or just plain miss. THe percentage of guys actually surfing at this point goes to around 20%, These are guys riding guns and semi-guns and have spent their vacations on surf trips. No matter how big the wave is, there will always be 10% standing on the boardwalk, dressed very fashionably in surf shirts, cool trunks, the latest lost hat and authentic surf flip flops not surfing. They are discussing the tide, the wind, the isobars, arianna grande street cred, the best time to go, which is never in the present and the forecast. Its a dude bra fest. So much lingo flying that you would think they have black belts in talking. They will never surf, but they are surfers and they know everything.

haha... awesome......

btw, Karl will be another disappointment...... unless you're one of those standing on the boardwalk

09/20/2016 07:00 AM

surferKev07

Joined Forum: 06/08/2007

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

This forecast looks too far out to say whether the magic will happen or not. We shall see. As always, surf the most crowded spot, it means you know at least as much as everyone else, and since nothing draws a crowd like a crowd, jump right in and start complaining.

Unless its bigger than overhead, then many wont make it out. That's good for the crowd. Those that do make it out will then see the number of guys actually catching waves at about 60%, because your 6'1' 18 1/2" 2 1/4" cant paddle into better than overhead surf very well.

If its big, like double overhead, its closed out and onshore. If its not closed out and onshore, most people will crowd the inlets for the ease of paddle outs. This means that their tiny boards and big dreams will bob up and down, cuss when they paddle and pull out or just plain miss. THe percentage of guys actually surfing at this point goes to around 20%, These are guys riding guns and semi-guns and have spent their vacations on surf trips.

No matter how big the wave is, there will always be 10% standing on the boardwalk, dressed very fashionably in surf shirts, cool trunks, the latest lost hat and authentic surf flip flops not surfing. They are discussing the tide, the wind, the isobars, arianna grande street cred, the best time to go, which is never in the present and the forecast. Its a dude bra fest. So much lingo flying that you would think they have black belts in talking. They will never surf, but they are surfers and they know everything.

I hope it's always like this. More waves for those who actually surf!
 09/20/2016 07:17 AM

surfmcc32

Joined Forum: 11/11/2009

Originally posted by: johnnyboy This forecast looks too far out to say whether the magic will happen or not. We shall see. As always, surf the most crowded spot, it means you know at least as much as everyone else, and since nothing draws a crowd like a crowd, jump right in and start complaining. Unless its bigger than overhead, then many wont make it out. That's good for the crowd. Those that do make it out will then see the number of guys actually catching waves at about 60%, because your 6'1' 18 1/2" 2 1/4" cant paddle into better than overhead surf very well. If its big, like double overhead, its closed out and onshore. If its not closed out and onshore, most people will crowd the inlets for the ease of paddle outs. This means that their tiny boards and big dreams will bob up and down, cuss when they paddle and pull out or just plain miss. THe percentage of guys actually surfing at this point goes to around 20%, These are guys riding guns and semi-guns and have spent their vacations on surf trips. No matter how big the wave is, there will always be 10% standing on the boardwalk, dressed very fashionably in surf shirts, cool trunks, the latest lost hat and authentic surf flip flops not surfing. They are discussing the tide, the wind, the isobars, arianna grande street cred, the best time to go, which is never in the present and the forecast. Its a dude bra fest. So much lingo flying that you would think they have black belts in talking. They will never surf, but they are surfers and they know everything.

best description of surfing on the east coast that I have ever read. 

09/20/2016 07:53 AM

MoonDog

Joined Forum: 07/21/2004

Originally posted by: surfmcc32

best description of surfing on the east coast that I have ever read. 

dito
 09/20/2016 07:57 AM

Bev

Joined Forum: 02/14/2015

Originally posted by: dkaye I'll be there with my buddies!

EVERYbodies awesome~ A whole lotta maestos' goin on there. wtf is dat?!

FORUMS : Surfing : Karl

1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .