Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Local Female Shapers
Topic Summary: Are there any???
Created On: 08/08/2016 05:54 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/16/2016 07:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

shapewright!! Just what in the heck do you know about it in the first place? She has a shape, let her shape.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 08/18/2016 08:44 AM

artz

Joined Forum: 10/30/2014

It looked likea posed photo Put a blank on the rack, pick up a tool and make like you are sanding. Her hands barley have any dust on them and her colthes don't have any dust on them at all.  

08/20/2016 08:50 AM

shapewright

Joined Forum: 07/18/2010

no room for poser shapers in todays world

08/20/2016 08:02 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Duhhhh....

It's a democratic hoax
 08/20/2016 08:11 PM

nukeh2o

regular foot uptight anal retent dufuses are the source of most problems in the world. i would surf at kaiser bowl in waikiki for example. i can switch feet. so an unintended social experiment i guess. over on the so called "regular foots" side: daggers in the eyes. nobody talked, stay out of my way fucker.

over on the left side: woohoo. high fives, go for it brudda. lets all have fun.  i rest my case

It's a democratic hoax
 08/21/2016 08:44 AM

artman

Joined Forum: 03/10/2009

Originally posted by: shapewright

Quite some time ago I was introduced by Johhny Lucas to a young woman at Surf Expo, Erica Eggert, a New Jesey transplant that had taken up shaping and was building quite a few boards for the female sufing populus. She was friends with Nancy and Don Long, she aid the male shapers had told her it was a dirty job and she wouldn't like it for long, I tutored her for a while but she was cut short while driving to her day job as a bartender at John's Island she was hit head on near the Sebastian Beach Inn by a drunk driver and killed instantly, Nancy identified her. Had this not happened, I felt she might have become Mrs, Philips one day

Sent you a message on Swaylocks or here on 2ndlight when it was first posted 6 years ago, reposting in case you missed it...Erica Eggert her son is looking for info about his mom...
 08/21/2016 08:53 AM

shapewright

Joined Forum: 07/18/2010

I have a saved inquiry from a young woman who Erica gave up for adoption while still living in NJ, I filled her in with what info I had about her, but it was all limited to her time in Florida

08/21/2016 10:39 AM

artman

Joined Forum: 03/10/2009

Oops, my mistake! Not sure what made me think it was a son, glad you were able to help...
 08/21/2016 05:34 PM

nukeh2o

i would like to reply about the meanspirited "poser shaper" comment, i guess directed towards whether women could shape. greg loehr and i used used to laugh at some dweeb on tomahawk, he's a 'shaper'. never glassed a board, never sanded a board, never installed fins. nope, he's a "shaper". the alternative is a board "builder" i've "built" over 1200 boards myself, and had the honor to work with and observe many others in over 50 years of surfing. no one's first boards turn out perfect. thats how you learn. the cool guys that had a clue, they'd show you all they knew. as i once said" i'll show you everything i know, im still gonna be better than you"

my first al merrick in 72 was hopelessly lopsided, people in san diego thought it was a kanaiapunii assymetrical. and wouldnt let you watch him shape. that bad. all he did was copy michael cundiths twin fins, right down to the "tri plane hull" out of george greenoughs wilderness surfboards shop in santa barbara. and lucked into tommy. pat curren was a real shaper, and board builder

rusty preisendorfer had no problem with showing you what he was doing. nor did skip frye or mike eaton. so, really? if some lady would like to learn to shape, i'll show her all i know. as will other true watermen board "builders". not poser shapers. i doubt there's much of the healing loving influence of our lovely surfer girls on this testes driven forum tho

It's a democratic hoax

Edited: 08/22/2016 at 06:01 PM by nukeh2o
 08/21/2016 06:08 PM

nukeh2o

and i refer to my post above and the comment of the lady above: goofy foots have more fun

It's a democratic hoax
 08/21/2016 06:10 PM

nukeh2o

please see my posts below. goofys have more fun, surfer girls rock

It's a democratic hoax
FORUMS : Surfing : Local Female Shapers

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .