Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: OBX Surf Info gallery: Mickey McCarthy, Super Bowl Sunday's storm
Topic Summary: Update: photos at The Inertia and more at Surfline
Created On: 02/10/2016 09:41 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/10/2016 09:41 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

ww

Joined Forum: 08/17/2007

OBX Surf Info has restored the McCarthy photo gallery.

I'm sure lots of 2ndlight people get emails from this outfit, or check regularly, but McCarthy's photos deserve special attention.  As the VA on a jetski suggests, Raven Lundy was involved.  Here's McCarthy's Facebook.  

Daniel Pullen was busy.  Facebook.  Matt Lusk did a perfect postcard shot via drone.  Also Facebook.  

Nice East Coast collection at ESM

Edited: 02/14/2016 at 05:49 PM by ww
 02/12/2016 10:44 AM

ww

Another selection of McCarthy photos, this time at The Inertia.  

I suspect more videos and photos will be on their way, though roads flooded from surf overwash and generally nasty weather no doubt kept surfers and photographers away.  

02/12/2016 07:58 PM

ww

Photo and video feature at Surfline.  Everything from New York to Miami Beach and PR.  

#25, an empty wave photo by Matt Lusk has this caption: "After Jonas, I didn't think we'd have another swell of that magnitude for a long time," finishes Matt Lusk. "Then this swell popped up and really blew our minds. There were some heavy claims made. I personally hadn't seen waves of that size with perfect shape on the Outer Banks before. I swam under the biggest, widest barrels I've ever seen here, for sure. To see those guys paddle into and make double to triple-overhead waves on the outer bars was truly special." 

Caption on #18, another Lusk photo:  "I spent 12 hours shivering in my 6/5/4 wetsuit," says Outer Banks photographer Matt Lusk, "but my adrenaline was pumping all day as I witnessed our best surfers pushing the limits. It was no Maverick's or Jaws, but for East Coast standards it was a historical swell, in my opinion. The following morning, the swell dropped considerably but was still well-overhead and perfect."

Snow at Jennette's Pier.  Vimeo.

Edited: 02/13/2016 at 06:53 AM by ww
 02/16/2016 11:25 AM

ww

OBX Surf Info has a fresh video.  Raven Lundy, Jesse Hines, et al.

Duck Pier has resumed providing water temperature data.  It's warmed up to 47.7.  

Edited: 02/16/2016 at 06:42 PM by ww
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .