Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pulled the trigger
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/22/2015 10:02 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/22/2015 10:02 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

sneetek

Joined Forum: 09/05/2006

if you remember my "move to San Diego or commute to Orlando" thread. 

Were moving to San Diego. ( Carlsbad area probably )

Outside de of friends and family I'm gonna miss the next thing is my shaper and awesome prices on surfboards. 

With th that said if anyone knows a shaper I could "get in" with that would be awesome. I hate paying full price for boards. Kind of spoiled on that. Gonna see if I can get a couple of new quiet flights to rep heifer pulling out of town. 

-------------------------

SURFERS SUCK 

SHOOT THEM ONSITE

BICE CREW

05/22/2015 10:16 AM

dan

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Congrats man, have fun out there!  C-Bad is a nice area, tons and tons of good waves.

05/22/2015 10:34 AM

rc

Joined Forum: 01/02/2006

Originally posted by: sneetek

With th that said if anyone knows a shaper I could "get in" with that would be awesome. I hate paying full price for boards. Kind of spoiled on that. Gonna see if I can get a couple of new quiet flights to rep heifer pulling out of town. 

ShapeWright???
 05/22/2015 11:27 AM

daner

Joined Forum: 04/20/2004

That is an awesome adventure. Congrats and best of luck!

Replace turf grass with native plants that don't need irrigation and synthetic fertilizers or chemicals that can go into our waterways and ocean

05/22/2015 12:05 PM

SurferMic

Joined Forum: 06/30/2012

Edited: 05/22/2015 at 01:05 PM by SurferMic
 05/22/2015 12:24 PM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

Originally posted by: rc
Originally posted by: sneetek With th that said if anyone knows a shaper I could "get in" with that would be awesome.
ShapeWright???
I 2nd this. JP The Genius should be at the top of your list! Excellent call, rc.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 05/22/2015 01:14 PM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

good for you and your family, we've been spending a lot of time in Bird Rock and Encinitas areas and plan to continue doing that for a lotta years

the area is a mecca for shapers, as I found out at the boardroom show last weekend.  I've been getting shapes from some of the best, but paying for them.  
Price is all relative when it comes to value and I don't mind supporting the ones that still shape and glass them by hand.

"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 05/22/2015 03:22 PM

theslasher

Joined Forum: 06/16/2008

If you want high Quality Jim P  for sure! awsome surfer and shaper! high quality boards are not cheap after you ride one you will see! good luck!

05/22/2015 06:05 PM

dan

And I quote the guy at the Surfy Surfy shop when I was oggling a Christenson mini..."She's an expensive date"

05/23/2015 06:25 AM

sneetek

Joined Forum: 09/05/2006

Yea.. I'm more a standard big guy shortboard guy... nothing fancy... I was riding Star Boards and made teh switch to Quiet Flight and must say while the boards are def not as durable, they ride way better and are more responsive.

SURFERS SUCK 

SHOOT THEM ONSITE

BICE CREW

05/23/2015 06:58 AM

dingpatch

Once you get "zeroed in" on the waves there, you will know what you want. Lots of great shapers, just like here. Probably even a "bro deal" from Jim aint gonna be cheap!

Dora Hates You
 05/23/2015 07:11 AM

camguy

Joined Forum: 07/21/2010

Check out Bill Johnson or Bill Stewart shapes.

05/23/2015 08:05 AM

artz

Joined Forum: 10/30/2014

I Loved living in Carlsbad. hada Place on Redwood Ave right up the street from Tamarrack. Not the best break in the world but fun and roll out of bed close.  

Here isa list of some of the local Talent in the area.  Steve Pendervis down in San Diego He has a cult following.  If you can find BoB Sakota in Oceanside you will not get a better Long Board He was Donald Takayamas  head shaper for 20 years. Many of the signed takayamas were shaped by Bob.  Made me perhaps the best Longboard I ever owned.   It was styled aftera Board being made for Nat Young at the Takayama Factory. Barry Synder. The Man has skills and only hand shapes No machine cut boards.  Mandela makes some very interesting boards His Boards can be seen at Surfy Sury in Leucadia.  Greg Sauritch is   a go to guy for short boards. Dave Barr in Oceanside. Eggs you could geta Tony Staples shape. George Gall at Plus One for machine cut epoxy rockets. Check the San Diego craigs list there are always a couple of  Coil boards for sale.  Hank Byzak for Long Boards asa well as Phillips.  Gary Hanel a master of fine foiled Eggs Longboards and Bonzers.  Chris Christenson makes fine boards. Rich Pavel is one ofa number of guys who has the Fish design down to a science.  a Speed dialer is one of the best allaround boards you can ride.  Wish I still had the skills to ride a well tuned quad fish.                                                                    Those are just a few of shapers in and around North County.  North County has more shaping talent then just about any other spot on Earth.  Do not ask for a Bro Deal.  You have to earn that.  I worked with many of the people on that list been friends with some for almost 40 years and when They offer me a deal I am greatful.  I simply ask what is the cost.

05/23/2015 08:56 AM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

you're in for a real treat when you're ready to start spreading that money love around for high class hoes... here's a few pimps from the boardroom show last weekend on the del mar strip

"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 05/23/2015 09:25 AM

shapewright

Joined Forum: 07/18/2010

see you at Baby Sebastian Inlet, right in your back yard

05/23/2015 02:05 PM

JOESTRUMMER

Joined Forum: 03/24/2012

I did not even know Joe Walsh shaped boards ?

Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .