Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Shaun Tomson
Topic Summary: Met him last night.
Created On: 10/23/2014 06:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/24/2014 06:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surfersince65

Joined Forum: 03/29/2008

My Dad used to hate Andre Aggasi when Aggasi was a young up and coming tennis player.  Aggasi is now an outstanding person, I am sure we are all better people now than we were when we were 20 something.  Cut him some slack he was in a competitive mode then and I'm sure he is not the same person today, yeesh.  Great surfer and some people just can't stand a great surfer or other world class athelets, yes he surfs better than all of us so get over it, jealousy is a bad and obvious trait.  I have seen people throw people "under the bus" because they were jealous, sad really.

I remeber in 1977 the great photos of him at backdoor with that O'Neil vest on, they did bust down some doors and good on them!

-------------------------
JMA

10/24/2014 06:42 AM

bob3000

Joined Forum: 07/13/2004

i read somewhere Madonna was kind of a beeeeyotch in hi-skool. now look at her! also read Shauns book and it was not bad.

Water dissolving...and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
 10/24/2014 07:58 AM

Bootydrop

Joined Forum: 05/23/2012

SCREW MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS! if you dont wake up in the morning motivated then see a DR about some SSRI's or a good lorazapam. these guys are jokes taking peoples money on what they think conjures up success....that right there is funny at least going to church is cheaper! 

favorite quote by people who claim the "SECRET" is the answer to lifes problems. by dave chappel "so your telling me that little kids in africa are just not believing hard enough for some roast beef and mashed potatoes?"

10/25/2014 07:33 AM

Aquaholic

Joined Forum: 09/18/2005

All I can say about the man is several years ago I called a phone number I had found on Google to ask about the Instinct brand of clothing, they had been out of business for a while, but were starting up again focusing on youth clothing (didn't know this at the time). The number I called sent me to an answering machine, so I left a message. 30 minutes later my phone rings....and its Shaun Thomson on the other end. I was absolutely speechless. Anyway we ended up chit chatting for about 20 minutes. At that point and time he seemed like a super nice dude, but then time has a way of mellowing people out as well.

What? Really? I missed it? Oh..I should have been here yesterday!
 10/25/2014 09:19 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Central Floridave

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

"SCREW MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKERS!"

LOL. that would make a great t-shirt logo.

I met Shaun back in the 80s at a Sundek Classic. I thought he was a cool dude. Great surfer!
 10/25/2014 02:29 PM

RegularJoe

Joined Forum: 11/20/2011

Met him at Surf Expo a couple years ago. Bought his book and got him to sign it. Chatted a while and found him quite personable. Enjoyed the book too. Losing his 15-year old son back in 2006 probably changed him a bit.
FORUMS : Surfing : Shaun Tomson

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .