Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: RIP RAISIN
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/29/2014 04:55 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/29/2014 07:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

larenyon

Joined Forum: 10/19/2009

Very sad. What happened??? 

09/30/2014 04:56 AM

FinGuru

Joined Forum: 05/26/2011

RIP randy.....our community will really miss you, such a good guy!

09/30/2014 05:05 AM

mushmonster

Joined Forum: 12/08/2005

RIP bro!!! so sad! what a great guy!!

-------------------------
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
 09/30/2014 07:18 AM

h2osurf921

Joined Forum: 05/07/2005

ESa has set up to help randys family in a hard time .. his son logan which most of you know is having a really hard time with his dads passing .. ty everyone http://www.gofundme.com/loveyouraisin

http://pureisland.com
 09/30/2014 03:35 PM

MisterPosative

Joined Forum: 11/01/2012

So, what happened ????

09/30/2014 04:32 PM

Oceanaddict

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Yea what did happen??

It's not where you've gone that's important....
The value is derived from the Journey.

09/30/2014 06:12 PM

RUSSD

Joined Forum: 06/30/2014

RIP Randy, it was nice to get to know him last year. His kid must be beyond devastated.

RUSS-D'S PHOTOGRAPHY

Randy Sanders1a.jpg
Randy Sanders1a.jpg  (136 KB)
 10/01/2014 11:07 AM

theslasher

Joined Forum: 06/16/2008

wondering what's up! surfed with him many times!I would feel better knowing whats up before pay pal..

10/01/2014 11:17 AM

chopola

Joined Forum: 09/04/2004

The people that were close to him are not talking about the cause of death probably because it was preventable and senseless. I dont know, just speculating. Either way my condolences go out to his family, especially his young boy, very tragic.
 10/01/2014 01:29 PM

h2osurf921

Joined Forum: 05/07/2005

Originally posted by: chopola The people that were close to him are not talking about the cause of death probably because it was preventable and senseless. I dont know, just speculating. Either way my condolences go out to his family, especially his young boy, very tragic.
Yes your right, randy was battling demons n he took his life sunday night, i know its hard to grasp what has happen there is always so much help out there for things like this n it only takes a phone call to reach out, even reaching out to a friend we are there to listen n help. This is senseless and very tragic, as much as i surfed with him through the years he was always laughing smiling n having a good time didnt matter if it was 6" or 10 foot we were on it. We have to look beyond what he has done n think of his son logan RIP

http://pureisland.com
 10/01/2014 02:14 PM

KeyserSoze

Joined Forum: 03/30/2011

Very well put h2o

The loss of a friend or loved one is sad indeed, no matter the cause.

Sometimes, as painful as the explanation of a loss might be, it might benefit others
in similar situations that may not be able to see an alternative.

Whether due to drugs, depression, alcohol, and/or thinking there is no one to
help, no other way out, sometimes letting others know that it was not due to natural
causes may be of benefit to others that may need help.

The pain for others left behind to bear seems so unfair.
If you need help or know of someone that needs help, there is help available and please seek it.

A sad loss indeed, no matter the cause.
Peace be with Randy's family and may they be strong and remember those times that were good.

RIP Randy Sanders

obituary

Who is Keyser Soze?

10/01/2014 03:16 PM

zoomino

Joined Forum: 08/19/2011

RIP Randy, my condolences to the family.  I didn't know Randy but if a contribution will help I will donate.  I can't imagine the loss his son is going through. If a donation will help him we should donate regardless of how Randy past.

minh

10/01/2014 06:32 PM

RUSSD

Joined Forum: 06/30/2014

I had gotten to know Randy last year during the ESA events, like I have said before. One day really stood out for me with him. He was talking to me about his divorce and how it was eating him up inside. I could tell he had a lot cooking up in his head. So sad to know he took the permanent way out of a temporary problem. We should all take this as a lesson, and spend more time REALLY listening to our friends. And support and help them in every way possible. there was no way of knowing Randy was going to do this, I am just saying we need to treat everyone around us as if they are special, because they are. I will gladly donate next week when I get paid. I hope his family can find some peace in this time of tragedy. It is going to be difficult for sure.

RUSS-D'S PHOTOGRAPHY
 10/02/2014 05:21 AM

LagoonSurfer

Joined Forum: 07/06/2009

I want to be careful here because grief counseling is its whole own specialty.

The boy is going to need by far the most support. Badly. Some guys to take an interest in him and take him surfing and be involved with him. It will be very important for him to learn the message that he is worth being around for. Guys to stay involved with him and touch base with him from time to time. Soon actually because things are being wired right now.

Brother, when you get a minute, could I get a list of the words that trigger these fits?

Hey. Where are we going? (And what are we doing in a hand-basket?)
 10/02/2014 09:01 AM

CERTON

Joined Forum: 04/22/2011

Being the father of two young kids I love to spend time with in and out of the water every single day, I share the thoughts of absolute devastation his son must be experiencing having lost his dad unexpectedly...  I'm sure it's a complex situation that requires a lot of open minded understanding of all the factors involved.   

Any gofundme should be to help give that young man left behind a chance at a good life and I hope in some way he's able to find a way for this tragedy to make him better and stronger.  If there's a way to help the young ripper, I'm listening...

RIP 

"Don't count the days, make the days count." -Ali
#rydyrstrong
 10/02/2014 03:44 PM

fausteddie

Joined Forum: 08/10/2009

I just want to keep this thread at the top for a few days...Randy was worth that. I have been wrecked all week with this news, Randy's legacy is more than just a bump on a forum, but let's all work to give him that.

Randy Sanders was a firecracker....raisin (hell) was built into him, but not just that. Randy was a smart, funny and talented human that will be missed by all who knew him and a missed opportunity by those that had not met him.

My wife and I ran into Randy a few months back at Sands on the Beach and got a chance to really talk about old times with him...friends who have past, some others on the verge...kids, good times, missed opportuities as well as future possibilites.

Randy, I will always remember so many funny things we did in high school and will keep this thread at the top, if only for the weekend.

10/02/2014 03:51 PM

SunriseSurfer

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

So sad....

RIP Randy

Thoughts and prayers going out to family,
and may they be strong and somehow find peace.

Puerto Rico 11 - 24 - 2013
 10/02/2014 04:41 PM

jollymon

Joined Forum: 02/14/2004

Often no words make sense at a time like this. Having a career in mental health counseling, I have witnessed uncountable numbers of times that individuals recover from the heaviest moments when they are considering death by suicide. Have to share a number with everyone, 1 800 273 TALK. They can get people connected with the help they need or just be there to listen. One tribute to Randy could be to raise awareness of this sad reality. Males 35-50 are the number one risk. Deep sympathy to everyone. His boy will be covered in my thoughts and prayers...
 10/02/2014 07:53 PM

zoomino

Joined Forum: 08/19/2011

As a father two also I find peace in the water both surfing with them and by myself. Pay day was today so our family made a small contribution that I hope will help that little one. Give your loved ones big hug and tell them you love them.

minh

10/05/2014 05:57 AM

SpinK

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

AM bump

FORUMS : Surfing : RIP RAISIN

<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146500 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 3 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .