Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What do you guys use for media storage?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/27/2017 12:05 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/27/2017 12:05 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sector9surf

Joined Forum: 01/14/2010

After a long wait, I finally got some newish camera gear. Only thing is my computer doesn't have the memory to store it. If I use external drives, editing software can't find the files later after disconnecting and reconnecting. (Maybe I'm doing it wrong). I'm considering maybe cloud storage, but might run into similar issues.

Either way, just wondering what the preferred is for photo/ video professionals?

11/27/2017 05:43 PM

Burry

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Make a folder on your drive and call it Sector9 Main Picture Folder...or what ever you want to call it,,, and download your pics to it using Dates,events,location or how ever you keep track of them...
Then you can just look for S9 Main Picture Folder...
most software wants to put them in "My picture" folder on your hard drive...so you will have to redirect to S9MPFolder...

The Main Picture Folder can be mirrored easily to back it up..."Main Picture Folder Backup" on yet another xternal HD

-------------------------
BurrysBreak

Inflation caused The BIG BANG...look it up!
 12/02/2017 11:40 AM

Thaumaturgist

Joined Forum: 06/10/2004

MEDIA STORAGE:

Your PC (Laptop or Desktop) has usually anywhere from 500GB to 1TB HardDrives as a minimum.
Most users use them to store (backup) their Data.

What you can do is to buy a Pocket HardDrive of 1TB (about $40) or more by Western Digital or others and use
that as your primary source of Data for day to day use. And then use the PC's HardDrive as your backup.

You can use also 128GB JumpDrive (about $25) if that is enough to hold your data.

Now, you can go anywhere and work anywhere without carrying around your own PC just by carrying your
Pocket HardDrive and/or JumpDrives.

12/07/2017 07:36 AM

miker

Joined Forum: 04/05/2010

I use a 3TB NAS with web access. I can dump files or view files on the NAS directly from any device in my house, including my TV, as well as on the road via mobile device. You can also be very specific with access and what you expose to even your own devices when outside of your local network.

Works with a smart TV, windows laptop, android phone, iPhone, and iPad seamlessly.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .