Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Question about Jupiter or Jenson Beach/Hutchinson
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/18/2021 01:53 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/18/2021 01:53 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I am looking to do some surf fishing end of June, and curious if anyone has any reports on water clarity and or fishability of either the jupiter area, or further north Jenson Beach/Hutchinson Island? I heard they dredge/filled some of those areas which would suck if the water was all silted up. I know seaweed is bad but can deal with that, any ideas would be good thanks!

-------------------------
I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 05/20/2021 08:08 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Most days it's flat and clear. This week it's victory at sea. The ESE winds can blow pretty hard even in summer but the kayak fishing is great when it's flat.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

05/21/2021 06:37 AM

stokedpanda

Awesome, I saw a pic of bathtub beach with fill sand all over it so hoping its not too bad around there, also want to try and walk to the north end of Hobe sound beach park, that place looks awesome!

05/25/2021 05:55 AM

Burry

stokedpanda...
N End of Hobe Sound Beach is very shallow if you are talking about the Preserve? recommend going at high tide...
The Public Beach at the East end of Bridge Road usually has a nice trough and an outer reef. Once on the beach if you go North the reef will come in closer and closer to the the shore so you may get hung up on the rocks on a long cast...if you go South it starts getting deeper on down by the false point..
i usually fish somewhere between the the St Lucie and Ft Pierce Inlets... In the summer we catch some Pompanos but on the small side... Bonefish, sharks, whiting, croaker, hook into a Tarpon every now and then and anything else that swims!!
water clarity is usually TOO Clear!!!! weeds not so bad...Heat=Bad...umbrella and sunscreen...

let me know when you are down here...i live at Waveland..

BurrysBreak

Inflation caused The BIG BANG...look it up!
 06/08/2021 06:11 PM

Burry

weed have finally gone...some slime still in the troughs...whiting and small snook in the first trough!!!

BurrysBreak

06/09/2021 02:12 PM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: Burry

weed have finally gone...some slime still in the troughs...whiting and small snook in the first trough!!!

awesome thanks for the info, yes I saw that preserve looked like about 5 miles of beach going north terminating at a small jetty on the south side of st lucie inlet.

06/26/2021 07:12 AM

Burry

Slime is back BIG time...but caught another Smooth Puffer

BurrysBreak

06/29/2021 06:03 AM

stokedpanda

Originally posted by: Burry

Slime is back BIG time...but caught another Smooth Puffer

Nice! Trip got a got short but made it down and tried behind the hotel one morning and evening. Got two small snook in the morning, and a ladyfish in evening. Saw a few snook cruising the surf along with some nurse sharks and rays which was cool. Also walked from bathtub beach to the inlet and saw a few snook but couldn't get them to bite my lures. Was too lazy to try and fish the bridges at night which I am kicking myself for, I'll give you a shout next time, super cool area!

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .