Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Charter recommendation
Topic Summary: Keys - sailfish
Created On: 11/24/2020 08:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/24/2020 08:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

surferclimber

Joined Forum: 01/23/2011

OK so I'm far from an expert fisherman, but am looking to get a Christmas gift for someone as paying for a charter to go out and chase sailfish. Any recommendations for a company and/or specific captain you could share would be greatly appreciated. Online I've found some good reviews of this place in islamorada and they're saying $750-800ish... Thanks in advance for any recommendations or suggestions : ))

-------------------------

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

11/25/2020 04:38 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Just make sure they are hearty, sea going folks, because sail-fishing is the best with the wind blowing hard down the reef, in other words, it's going to be kinda rough.

I was right.
 11/25/2020 05:32 PM

wavearzt

Joined Forum: 07/16/2010

Not sure if you have to be in the keys but, If you want to get into some Sailfish go with Cpt. Dean Panos: Google: Double D charters He is out of North Miami Beach If strictly targeting sailfish this is where you want to be anyway.
 11/26/2020 02:43 PM

surferclimber

Thanks waveartz, that place looks great appreciate that!! While we do want to visit the keys we can just do a side day trip, and would be much cheaper to stay in Miami as much nicer reasonably priced regular hotels as opposed to what's available in key largo - marathon, other than the fancy crazy expensive resorts... And yeah Cole I hear you about that, he's in great shape as runs a Marina up north but I might have to kick it up a notch with the morning beach jog walks

get up early and go surf - it'll make that hangover go away and/or make the workday more tolerable :)

Edited: 11/26/2020 at 03:26 PM by surferclimber
 11/27/2020 05:29 AM

Cole

I agree with the Miami thing too, lots of fish and an easy run.

I was right.
 11/29/2020 07:06 AM

johnnyboy

http://bluechiptoo.com/

He might be a bit more expensive but he's absolutely worth it. Highly endorse.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

11/30/2020 10:38 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

even further north they do good on sails from ft pierce all the way down. I saw a sail hanging on the fish board at grills yesterday LOL

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 12/08/2020 10:49 AM

johnnyboy

Also Greg Bogdan out of sailfish marina in palm beach co.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

01/02/2021 04:03 PM

surferclimber

Originally posted by: wavearzt Not sure if you have to be in the keys but, If you want to get into some Sailfish go with Cpt. Dean Panos: Google: Double D charters He is out of North Miami Beach If strictly targeting sailfish this is where you want to be anyway.
Just wanted to say thanks again for the recommendation... went out today and Dean did an awesome job! Got an awesome pic of my wife's grandfather holding that sailfish he caught which will be going on the wall at the marina up but the mountains in Tennessee which he bought for retirement "hobby".... Blessings

01/03/2021 07:33 PM

wavearzt

Joined Forum: 07/16/2010

Thats awesome. Glad you had a good day. Have fished many times with Dean, him and his mate do a great job.
Statistics
146493 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .