Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Spooltech
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/02/2020 09:50 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/02/2020 09:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

I have heard that these lures work well for snook. So I bought one. Not cheap. I cant figure out the nylon toothed wheel near the head.

Anyone use these? Any good? Details?

Thanks

-------------------------
So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 07/03/2020 04:46 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

I've seen em... and a bit skeptical. I'm sure they work, but I stick to cheap stuff inshore
 07/03/2020 08:17 AM

equipeola

Joined Forum: 12/17/2009

After you set the hook on a fish, the hook will disengage from the body of the bait revealing an attached steel braid leader that you 'reel' back into the bait with the wheel there. Kinda gimmicky but probably works as advertised. My experience with baits designed to move away from the hook after hookset, marketed as a way to lessen lost fish due to the weight of a bait aiding the fish throwing the bait, actually increases the chances of them throwing the bait due to the now weight being randomly tossed around from a foot away from the hookup instead of it being controlled right at the point of connection to a fishes mouth. ymmv

ola ~

07/08/2020 06:14 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

I believe these were designed by snook legend dave justice, but believe they were sold and the quality went down. I have never used one as they didnt look to swim very good(kind of on its side) plus expensive but they do catch. I believe the idea is you can use lighter leader as it deploys that hook and also helps prevent throwing the hook. I like just a jighead with a big paddle tail they are becoming easier to find NLB makes some nice ones but they are kind of pricey too.

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
FORUMS : Fishing : Spooltech

Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .