Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Saw this on Craigslist.
Topic Summary: Mctavish half off
Created On: 07/16/2020 07:31 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/16/2020 07:31 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

http://miami.craigslist.org/pb...al-9ft/7154347023.html

-------------------------

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/16/2020 11:04 AM

sw

Joined Forum: 10/13/2005

Haha! Love the creative sense of humor!!
 07/16/2020 06:40 PM

Cole

Epoxy does snap clean, but $150 for the board and $150 for repair I'd just search out a clean used log for $300.

I was right.
 07/16/2020 08:33 PM

johnnyboy

That's a man stuck in the denial phase of grief. He bought that board and broke on a wave that I can't remember being big enough to snap that thing so clean and he's trying get someone to give him some money for it even though he knows it's trash. 150 repair? It will never ride the same and break again on a duck dive.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

07/17/2020 05:21 AM

Plan B

Joined Forum: 03/08/2004

pretty funny ad.... but if actually did pay a grand for that thailand pop-out he got robbed.
 07/17/2020 08:48 AM

johnnyboy

He's in the wrong section. He should be in furniture sales. Need a a set of cool authentic surf board coffee tables? How about one of those Adirondack chairs made from a very famous Thai surfboard factory?

07/17/2020 01:07 PM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Originally posted by: johnnyboy
It will never ride the same and break again on a duck dive.

I've seen adirondack chairs with surfboard backrests. Pretty nice. The breaks can definitely be repaired. ET fixed one of mine like a brick $hithouse. I also took an old Blue Hawaii that had been reassembled to Costa, left it with a friend. When a Playa Hermosa mega-lip karate-chopped it, the board broke in a new spot, about 6" past the original repair. The hard part of the fix is getting the rocker and the weight/balance right with all that repair work in one spot.

Props (or sympathy) to anyone who can duckdive a board that big!

Edited: 07/17/2020 at 01:08 PM by CurtisEflush
 07/17/2020 01:56 PM

Plan B

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush
Originally posted by: johnnyboy It will never ride the same and break again on a duck dive.
I've seen adirondack chairs with surfboard backrests. Pretty nice. The breaks can definitely be repaired. ET fixed one of mine like a brick $hithouse. I also took an old Blue Hawaii that had been reassembled to Costa, left it with a friend. When a Playa Hermosa mega-lip karate-chopped it, the board broke in a new spot, about 6" past the original repair. The hard part of the fix is getting the rocker and the weight/balance right with all that repair work in one spot. Props (or sympathy) to anyone who can duckdive a board that big!
yep, a properly repaired board wont break in the same spot..... a long time ago I had a board I really liked.... broke the nose in 3 different places
 07/18/2020 06:23 PM

SUZY2Q

Joined Forum: 03/24/2006

yes I agree but it's a McTavish OMG sad!
 07/18/2020 06:23 PM

SUZY2Q

Joined Forum: 03/24/2006

PERFECT!!
 07/19/2020 05:40 PM

Cole

Originally posted by: Plan B

Originally posted by: CurtisEflush

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

It will never ride the same and break again on a duck dive.

I've seen adirondack chairs with surfboard backrests. Pretty nice. The breaks can definitely be repaired. ET fixed one of mine like a brick $hithouse. I also took an old Blue Hawaii that had been reassembled to Costa, left it with a friend. When a Playa Hermosa mega-lip karate-chopped it, the board broke in a new spot, about 6" past the original repair. The hard part of the fix is getting the rocker and the weight/balance right with all that repair work in one spot.

Props (or sympathy) to anyone who can duckdive a board that big!

yep, a properly repaired board wont break in the same spot..... a long time ago I had a board I really liked.... broke the nose in 3 different places

But they do get much weaker on the feather line of the repair cloth. Gotta take some of the old to get the new smooth.

I was right.
 07/20/2020 06:59 AM

Plan B

well yeah... that's where they usually break the next time but I would try to overlap a good bit of hotcoat resin to avoid the oversanding..... luckily I havent had to do this in a long time. I'm over doing ding repair..... I have a finbox I need to fix on a new board that ive put off for weeks..... not that there's been a need for this particular board
 07/21/2020 07:08 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: Plan B

well yeah... that's where they usually break the next time but I would try to overlap a good bit of hotcoat resin to avoid the oversanding..... luckily I havent had to do this in a long time. I'm over doing ding repair..... I have a finbox I need to fix on a new board that ive put off for weeks..... not that there's been a need for this particular board

Heard that. I did tens of thousands of repairs and my current boards have electrical tape on them.

The cloth can be laid in a wedge shape so there isn't a strait line to sand across the board, but feathering always makes them weaker.

I was right.
 07/21/2020 12:28 PM

johnnyboy

I saw my beloved old bing bronzer put back together in Costa Rica and ready to be rented. Weighs about forty pounds and has a that straight across white scar in the blood red pigment. It's like pointing out a playmate from the 60's at a nursing home now.

Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .