Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Trump was havering
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/15/2024 08:16 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/15/2024 08:16 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

The Daily Beast

Trump Couldn't Stop Gibbering in Front of Nation's Biggest CEOs

Rachel Olding
Fri, June 14, 2024 at 3:52 PM EDT

Former President Donald Trump left some of the country's most powerful CEOs scratching their heads, cringing, or just outright laughing during a private meeting in the nation's capital on Thursday.

On MSNBC's Morning Joe on Friday, CNBC anchor Andrew Ross Sorkin said he'd spoken to several CEOs who were at the gathering, including many who considered themselves pro-Trump. Among the attendees were Apple's Tim Cook and JPMorgan Chase's Jamie Dimon.

"They walked away from that meeting, I think, a bit disheartened, a bit questioning - I don't want to say his mental fitness - but questioning just how meandering, how, in some cases, one said to me he could not keep a thought straight," Sorkin said. "He would go in one direction and then he'd go in another direction and... there wasn't really necessarily a through line."

At one point, Trump discussed his plan to bring the corporate tax rate down from 21 percent to 20 percent.

"When asked why he chose 20, he said it's a round number," Sorkin said, which prompted Morning Joe host Mika Brzezinski to let out a long, loud sigh.

"I think that had a number of CEOs shaking their head given that 1 percent of the total tax burden on the country is actually a huge number in terms of what is needed to support the revenue for this country."

CNBC previously reported that CEOs also laughed when Trump relayed a story about a recent proposal of his to eliminate taxes on worker tips, describing how excited tipped workers were with the plan.

Trump's proclivity for gibberish has come under increased scrutiny recently, particularly after he went on a completely nonsensical rant about sharks and electrocution at a recent campaign rally.

-------------------------
Dora Hates You
 06/15/2024 08:22 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Dora Hates You
 06/15/2024 10:04 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The debates. lol

All of America will see Trump's wild rambling. The man can't hold a thought.

I was right.
 06/15/2024 02:51 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

The consensus from the business community is that his mind has turned to oatmeal.

Crazier than ever, rambling on about random nonsense and whiny greivances.

They only met with him to get a sense of his damage and to hedge their positions for the future.

He'll be in his hero Al Capone's shoes soon- a nutter convict - hand him a fishing pole and seat him on the edge of the swimming pool- he'll think he's a kid fishing in the creek again.

Chaos & Violence Party 2024

Edited: 06/15/2024 at 02:53 PM by fishkller
 06/17/2024 12:20 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

some funny nutjob-rambling stories starting to leak out from Trump's "great meeting" .. stay tuned

The debates are gonna be a hoot

Chaos & Violence Party 2024

Edited: 06/17/2024 at 12:20 PM by fishkller
Statistics
146515 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .