Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Rhonda wants more government control of academic speech
Topic Summary: Proposed law banning gender and race studies
Created On: 03/02/2023 06:12 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/02/2023 06:12 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

"Keep Florida free"

http://time.com/6258304/florid...dei-crt-universities/

House Bill 999 would ban any funding for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives at Florida state universities, even if they're privately funded. It would make trustees responsible for hiring decisions on faculty - university presidents would only be allowed to give recommendations - and tenure status could be reviewed at any time. The bill calls for the rewriting of university mission statements. It would ban general education courses that teach "curriculum based on unproven, theoretical, or exploratory content" and that define "American history as contrary to the creation of a new nation based on universal principles stated in the Declaration of Independence."

Entire majors would also be banned, specifically, "any major or minor in Critical Race Theory, Gender Studies, or Intersectionality, or any derivative major or minor of these belief systems." African-American studies departments could also be vulnerable at public institutions statewide.

"It is the most draconian bill that we've seen in the entire country relating to higher education," says Jeremy Young, who researches free speech and culture war issues at PEN America. "We are absolutely concerned about copycat bills in other states and about this spreading to be a national movement...I think it is very likely that this bill will pass in something very close to its current form in Florida, but it's never a sure thing."
 03/02/2023 06:16 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Here is the blueprint.

http://www.economist.com/leade...-hungarys-universities

-------------------------
I was right.
 03/02/2023 06:19 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Why teach actual history when you can indoctrinate students with the myth of "american exceptionalism" and christian nationalism.

This sort of crap is going to make it hard for students from Florida to get into grad programs at real universities outside the meatball kingdom.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 03/02/2023 06:23 AM

3rdworldlover

I guess they can bring in retired police and veterans to fill the positions as professors walk out like our school teachers have done in response to this insanity.
 03/02/2023 06:34 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

And his claim that Florida is the free-est state makes me cringe and laugh at the same time

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 03/02/2023 07:07 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

This is the clampdown. This was the reason that most observers thought Rhonda meatball was more dangerous than trump. Trump would do a Muslim ban and wait for his bluster to shredded by the Supreme Court. Rhonda has targeted local school district races and now wants to be able to fire professors. Tenured professors. This also goes along with Rhonda's efforts to remove prosecutors that he feels don't represent his agenda. He's chipping away at the edges from the courts with appointments, removing prosecutors, stacking the local school boards, removing professors and courses and taxing private companies for an ever expanding definition of woke. Trump was incapable of this kind of concerted, disciplined effort. Rhonda is ambitious as Lucipher and he wants to scale this up in the great divorce.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/02/2023 07:35 AM

tpapablo

I love the smell of prog freak-out in the morning. It smells like victory.

I :heart; Q
 03/02/2023 07:38 AM

RustyTruck

Yeah, because threads that begin with mean a freakout.

Come on pabs, your troll game is weak today.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

Edited: 03/02/2023 at 07:38 AM by RustyTruck
 03/02/2023 07:59 AM

3rdworldlover

'Owning the libs' is their platform now.
Pathetic, juvenile, divisive, and useless
 03/02/2023 09:20 AM

RustyTruck

"Owning the libs" won't help these guys afford homeowner's insurance. I over heard one of them complaining about it recently.

It went something like "I like Desantis, but all this Disney "woke" crap isn't doing anything to help people afford the damn insurance".

03/02/2023 11:31 AM

tpapablo

Why the law is needed.

03/02/2023 11:44 AM

3rdworldlover

Needed to protect the snowflakes from reality, and to turn out the mouthbreather vote
 03/02/2023 11:59 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover Needed to protect the snowflakes from reality, and to turn out the mouthbreather vote
Well, CRT and all of that BS is not the reality anymore, not in Florida. We don't need any protection from it. But, I am a sympathetic sort. If you can't get through the day without being called an oppressive, racist piece of trash due to your whiteness, I'll be glad to take on that duty. Just give me the word. What the hell, I will do that for all of you progs.

03/02/2023 12:31 PM

RustyTruck

Critical race theory exists whether you're allowed to talk about it under the North Korean version of FL or not.

If you need proof that there are oppressive, racist, pieces of trash among the white "race", one need look no further than NSR.

03/02/2023 02:25 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

The first rule about the clampdown is we don't talk about the clampdown. Tpap wants to label it as anything but what it is. He's contorting his bloated body into a snafu to keep anyone from seeing all the foreshadows.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

03/03/2023 06:14 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Why the law is needed.

Can you link something that isn't bullshit?

I was right.
 03/03/2023 09:24 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Why the law is needed.

Can you link something that isn't bullshit?

Can you type something that isn't a lie?

http://www.documentcloud.org/d...2900-fiu-dei-materials

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 03/03/2023 at 09:26 AM by Fish Killer
 03/03/2023 11:22 AM

RustyTruck

Let all this authoritarianism and state control of academia and business settle in and see if it doesn't harm FL.

International students will think twice. Really anyone who isn't cis-hetero-white-christian will have serious second and third thoughts about studying or taking work in FL. International business (where DEI is very much alive and prioritized) will not want to be behind the red curtain.

Fashy retirees, migrants, and methgators, that's Floriduh.

03/03/2023 11:33 AM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

America is supposed to have, FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

mtg can scream at President Biden during the State of the Union, but "don't say gay."

Meatball forgot to read the constitution.
 03/03/2023 11:51 AM

tpapablo

Critical race theory exists whether you're allowed to talk about it under the North Korean version of FL or not.
You are allowed to talk about that BS all you want, as is demonstrated by this very thread. Freedom of speech does not regulate what courses can be taught in schools. This has nothing to do with free speech. No Florida school teaches a course on the life of Tpapablo. Is that a violation of the 1st Amendment? Nope. As usual, you guys don't know what you are talking about.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .