Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: CIA: Xi ordered military to be ready to invade Taiwan by 2027
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/04/2023 10:44 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/04/2023 10:44 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"US Central Intelligence Agency Director William Burns says Chinese President Xi Jinping has ordered the military to be ready to conduct an invasion of Taiwan by 2027.

Burns was speaking at an event at Georgetown University in Washington D.C. on Thursday. He said the United States knows "as a matter of intelligence" that Xi issued the order to his country's military.

He added this does not mean the Chinese leader has decided to invade Taiwan in 2027 or some other year. He said it is a reminder that Xi is serious and focused on his ambitions. Burns said, "I wouldn't underestimate President Xi's ambitions with regard to Taiwan."

The director also said Xi is closely watching Russia's invasion of Ukraine. He said it is likely that the Chinese president is "unsettled" and "a little sobered" by the performance of the Russian military.

Xi is currently serving his third term as the ruling communist party's leader. The term will expire in 2027.

In 2021, a former commander of the US Indo-Pacific Command, Philip Davidson, said in an NHK interview that China's threat to Taiwan will manifest itself within the next six years."

NHK

So, my question is do we go to war with China to keep Taiwan independent?

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 02/04/2023 10:55 AM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Ask blunder--he won't comment on the Chinese spy satellite roaming over our critical military areas!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 02/04/2023 12:30 PM

WG

who?

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 02/07/2023 01:42 PM

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: WG "US Central Intelligence Agency Director William Burns says Chinese President Xi Jinping has ordered the military to be ready to conduct an invasion of Taiwan by 2027. Burns was speaking at an event at Georgetown University in Washington D.C. on Thursday. He said the United States knows "as a matter of intelligence" that Xi issued the order to his country's military. He added this does not mean the Chinese leader has decided to invade Taiwan in 2027 or some other year. He said it is a reminder that Xi is serious and focused on his ambitions. Burns said, "I wouldn't underestimate President Xi's ambitions with regard to Taiwan." The director also said Xi is closely watching Russia's invasion of Ukraine. He said it is likely that the Chinese president is "unsettled" and "a little sobered" by the performance of the Russian military. Xi is currently serving his third term as the ruling communist party's leader. The term will expire in 2027. In 2021, a former commander of the US Indo-Pacific Command, Philip Davidson, said in an NHK interview that China's threat to Taiwan will manifest itself within the next six years." NHK So, my question is do we go to war with China to keep Taiwan independent?
China will be allowed to invade Taiwan like Russia was allowed to invade Ukraine.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

02/07/2023 02:07 PM

WG

So, my question is do we go to war with China to keep Taiwan independent?

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 02/07/2023 02:11 PM

OBX

Originally posted by: WG So, my question is do we go to war with China to keep Taiwan independent?
No. There are other options other than war....like diplomacy....which has become a lost art.

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

02/07/2023 02:12 PM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

They want a fascist takeover here too.
"We're not a democracy. We're a republic."
 02/07/2023 02:19 PM

OBX

Originally posted by: 3rdworldlover They want a fascist takeover here too. "We're not a democracy. We're a republic."
Dude, we're not a democracy.

Between this post and the other post comparing humans to birds....what are you smoking?

Edited: 02/07/2023 at 02:19 PM by OBX
 02/07/2023 02:23 PM

WG

Dude, I kind of think the constitution is petty detailed in spelling out how we are supposed to operate our democratic republic.

You know, some of them rules, ya'll tried to override by force about a year ago.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 02/07/2023 02:30 PM

OBX

Originally posted by: WG Dude, I kind of think the constitution is petty detailed in spelling out how we are supposed to operate our democratic republic. You know, some of them rules, ya'll tried to override by force about a year ago.
Are you trying to convince yourself a democracy is the same thing as a democratic republic? Just because it contains a similar word, does not make it the same, WG.

02/07/2023 02:47 PM

WG

Our democratic republic is defined in the docs.
Democratic is an adjective, not a noun, When I speak of our democracy, I mean the democratic aspects of that
Republics still suck and die if the laws and application of them are not subjected to, moderated by, even given meaning by the consent of the governed.
Democracy

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,

Edited: 02/07/2023 at 04:53 PM by WG
 02/07/2023 02:50 PM

OBX

Originally posted by: WG Our democratic republic is defined in the docs. Democratic is an adjective, not a noun, When I speak of our democracy, I mean the democratic aspects of that ......
EXACTLY...don't you realize you just proved my point that we are a Republic?

02/07/2023 02:57 PM

WG

I never denied that.
I've said that we are a democratic republic.

malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
 02/07/2023 02:59 PM

OBX

Originally posted by: WG I never denied that. I've said that we are a democratic republic.
The fact you replied to my reply to 3rdworld....made me think you felt otherwise. But back to the topic of hand. Should we go to war with China? No....but we will....just as planned.

02/07/2023 04:27 PM

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Originally posted by: WG

Our democratic republic is defined in the docs.

Democratic is an adjective, not a noun, When I speak of our democracy, I mean the democratic aspects of that

For the record, this was obvious to most of us.

QBX just needs his hand held through the obvious sometimes, it would seem.

When America was "great"
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .