Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Whoa-oh here he comes.. He's the FLop Killer
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/31/2023 03:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/31/2023 03:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

fishkller

Joined Forum: 11/13/2016

Watch out boys, he'll flop it uuup!

still replyin to himself..

-------------------------

Edited: 01/31/2023 at 07:10 PM by fishkller
 01/31/2023 06:38 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Wow! Worse than ever!!

I tossed him a bone, and he never thanked me. Oh well, sucks to be him.

I was right.
 01/31/2023 06:41 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Bishop Blasts Biden for Using Pope to Justify Pro-Abortion Stance
By Nick Arama | 7:00 PM on January 31, 2023

As I reported on Monday, a reporter asked Joe Biden about "Catholic bishops" who were "demanding that federal tax dollars not fund abortion."

Devout Catholic Biden got agitated and said angrily, "No, they are not all doing that...nor is the Pope doing that."

Biden's comment wasn't true. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops is calling on Congress in a letter to end taxpayer funding for abortions. Bishop Michael Burbidge of Arlington, Virginia - the chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' Pro-Life Committee - wrote in that letter that "government should never fund the destruction of innocent preborn children" and that "congressional action is required."

"Protecting taxpayers from being forced to pay for abortion in violation of their conscience is a principle that has enjoyed historically broad support among Americans, regardless of their otherwise passionately divided views on the topic. It has also been life-saving," wrote Diocese of Arlington's Bishop Michael Burbidge, head of the USCCB's Committee on Pro-Life Activities.

Once upon a time, Biden supported that fervently. Until he had to run for president and in 2019, then he switched his position to play to the liberal Democratic base.

But in addition to lying about the position of the Catholic bishops, many Catholics were upset that Biden suggested that Pope Francis wouldn't be against federal funding for abortion. So let's be clear about something: Pope Francis may have what I would term "liberal" positions on some issues, but there's one thing that he has never been unclear about - that he believes abortion is very wrong. Indeed he compared abortion to "hiring a hitman" and said humans should "leave killing to animals." He also previously made an intriguing statement last year about Biden's claims to be a devout Catholic and that conflicting with what he should believe as a Catholic, "I leave it to [Biden's] conscience and that he speaks to his bishop, his pastor, his parish priest about that incoherence." Even the Pope gets Biden has "incoherence."

Bishop Joseph Strickland, of the diocese of Tyler, Texas, blasted Joe Biden for trying to use the Pope to justify his actions. He didn't mince any words in ripping apart Biden.

"Mr. Biden can't be allowed to twist the words of Pope Francis in this way," wrote Bishop Strickland. "I implore the Vatican press office to emphatically clarify that Pope Francis rightly calls abortion murder. It is time to denounce Biden's fake Catholicism."

Now, it's good that the Bishop spoke up. We'll have to see if anything comes from the Vatican. Pope Francis is often woefully silent when it seems he should speak. But when his position is being misrepresented, particularly on something he regards as a great evil, perhaps he will weigh in.

But it's despicable for Biden, particularly as a Catholic, to have made such a statement about the Pope, knowing full well his position and that of the Church. That's the problem with Biden in general, he cannot stand to be challenged and his lies are continuing to get us into international difficulties.

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 01/31/2023 06:51 PM

Cole

The view number is gone. Now it is replies only.

Lomtard can't cheat it anymore!

I was right.
 01/31/2023 06:53 PM

Cole

GOOSE EGGS GALORE!

I was right.
 01/31/2023 07:01 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Nobody Cares About Your 'Grievances'
 01/31/2023 07:13 PM

fishkller

Originally posted by: Cole

The view number is gone. Now it is replies only.

Lomtard can't cheat it anymore!

HAHAHA You're right!

Lomtard's future:

01/31/2023 07:17 PM

Cole

SAD
A
D
SAD
A
D
SAD
A
D

FACE

I was right.

Edited: 01/31/2023 at 07:20 PM by Cole
 01/31/2023 07:28 PM

fishkller

Private Eyes.. They're Floppin' You..

Edited: 01/31/2023 at 07:32 PM by fishkller
 02/01/2023 04:33 AM

Fish Killer

Woke NBA Star Steph Curry Wants to Block Low-Income Housing in His Neighborhood
By Bob Hoge | 4:45 PM on January 31, 2023

I'm not thrilled to be writing this article, because Golden State Warriors basketball star Steph Curry has long been one of my favorite players to watch, and I loved going along for the ride as the Dubs climbed to the top of the NBA world to win four championships - so far. I tried to ignore coach Steve Kerr's incessant woke lecturing as he turned every postgame interview into a political rant, but I finally lost my joy in watching the team when they on two occasions refused to visit the White House for a victory party because Donald Trump was president.

Then George Floyd was killed, the country went up in flames in BLM riots, and the NBA went full-on woke and became more of social justice advocacy group than a sports league.

But as is so often the case, "woke is for thee, not for me," and Curry is now opposing low-income housing in his neighborhood of Atherton, California - home of the priciest real estate in the nation. In a letter to local officials, Steph and his wife Ayesha wrote:

"We hesitate to add to the 'not in our backyard' (literally) rhetoric, but we wanted to send a note before today's meeting. Safety and privacy for us and our kids continues to be our top priority and one of the biggest reasons we chose Atherton as home."

See the full letter:

One line in the letter jumps out at me:

We kindly ask that the Town adopts the new Housing Element without the inclusion of 23 Oakwood.

Notice he's not saying the Housing Element - a zoning plan that aims to increase housing availability (read: increase density) - is bad for non-urban, family neighborhoods; he's saying it's just fine as long as it doesn't apply to him.

It's a pretty hypocritical stance for the avowed Biden supporter, who brought his family out to endorse Joe for president at the 2020 Democratic National Convention. His wife Ayesha regularly speaks about "social injustices" and "racial inequality."

Just not in her backyard:

Curry goes on to say that if his effort to stop the low-income housing were to fail, the town should pony up to block the atrocity from his view:

"Should that not be sufficient for the state, we ask that the town commits to investing in considerably taller fencing and landscaping to block sight lines onto our family's property."

Curry signed a four-year, $215 million contract with the Warriors in 2021, and is slated to make a cool $48 this season - in addition to his lucrative endorsement deals. Surely he could afford a little landscaping?

I can understand Curry's not wanting high-density, low-income apartments built right next to him, and his desire for privacy and safety, but a lot of people feel that way. Steph doesn't seem too concerned about them. I'm not a fan of these urbanization plans for family suburban neighborhoods - but I didn't vote for the kind of folks who advocate for them. You can bet that Curry did.

If you're going to be woke, you should at least walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 02/01/2023 at 04:34 AM by Fish Killer
 02/01/2023 05:47 AM

fishkller

LOL

Now the Flop Killer is so desperate he spams other people's threads with his dribble.

Whats the matter Lomtard? All your posts flopping?

02/01/2023 06:53 AM

Fish Killer

Governor DeSantis' Vows to Banish DEI and CRT Bureaucrats and Their Hatemongering From Florida's Universities
By streiff | 9:30 PM on January 31, 2023

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis unveiled a new legislative proposal on Tuesday to eradicate Critical Race Theory and Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity bureaucracies and bureaucrats from Florida's public universities and colleges.

In a press conference at the State College of Florida in Bradenton, FL, Governor DeSantis gave an extensive critique of the state of higher education in general and pledged to defund the dysfunctional and racist DIE programs that have sprung up like dunghill mushrooms after a summer thunderstorm.

"We are also going to eliminate all DEI and CRT bureaucracies in the state of Florida. No funding, and that will wither on the vine.

The speech is cued up to the pertinent part for your convenience.

https://www.youtube.com/live/keXtOuqx6b4?feature=share&t=556

Among all the progressive fads that find a home in academia, DIE/CRT is the most pernicious. They teach students to distrust one another based on race and ethnicity. They require white students to participate in what can only be described as the lineal descendant of Maoist self-criticism "struggle sessions." Practices that we thought went out with Jim Crow, like racially segregated dorms and dining rooms, have been reinstituted ostensibly to provide a refuge from the scourge of "white supremacy." But, as we've seen recently in Northern Virginia, the drive to achieve "equity" inevitably results in punishing students who have the persistence and ability to achieve (Discrimination in the Name of Equity: More Virginia Schools Admit to Withholding National Merit Awards). Anything Governor DeSantis can do to rip this abomination out by the roots is welcomed.

This is not a stand-alone item; it is part of a comprehensive set of proposals to ensure that students and taxpayers are treated with respect.

DeSantis' proposals to refocus state higher education on learning and student achievement rather than on political indoctrination are welcome. What is more welcome is that he not only talks about conservatism, he fights for it. Former Maryland Governor Larry Hogan has dismissed Governor DeSantis as only being good at "getting on Fox News," but when you compare DeSantis' record to Hogan's, it is night and day. Hogan is leaving a Maryland GOP that has been decimated, and he has signed off on every ill-advised, left-wing law the legislature has passed. On the other hand, DeSantis has flipped historically blue Florida counties, increased the GOP majority in the legislature, and won critical redistricting battles. He's set a record of policy and political achievements that should be the standard by which we judge candidates.

Transcript
If you look around the country, and Florida is not immune to this, there is a debate going on about what is the purpose of higher education. Particularly, publicly-funded higher education systems.

I think the dominant view is not the right view, the use of higher education to impose ideological conformity, to promote political activism is what the university should be. That is not what we believe is appropriate in the state of Florida. Instead, we need our higher education system to focus on promoting academic excellence, and the pursuit of truth, and to give students the foundation so they can think for themselves.

You see the former approach is dominant throughout the country in academia, you see it manifested in a lot of different ways. More recently you see it manifested in things like DEI [Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity] bureaucracies. This is basically a component of the administration within universities that are imposing a political agenda. Sometimes things like critical race theory. These bureaucracies are hostile to academic freedom and they constitute a drain on resources and end up contributing to higher costs that these bureaucracies metastasize.

You will see flowing from that things like mandatory DEI training, and that is really posing an agenda on people. We passed the Stop Woke Act last year to say of you are an employee, particularly of a private business, that you have the right to opt out of that. They can't impose it - that's litigating, that is what happens every time.

They also do things like require "diversity statements," which is basically like making people take a political oath. That has been applied across the country - if a candidate for a position at a university says, "My view is to treat everyone the same regardless of the color of their skin," they get points off for saying that. You have to embrace things like critical theory, the idea of implicit bias, and those other things. That is just not appropriate.

What we did at the beginning of this year after the inauguration, we requested that colleges and universities across Florida report the amount of money they are using in things like DEI and CRT programs, including administrative staff, activities, the whole nine yards. They reported that, and it is a lot of money. And it is not the best use of your money. We're going to do something about that.

You see the growth of administrative bloat around the country in higher education, and it dwarfs what they're spending on people who actually teach our students!

How do you want to have this massive growth in bureaucracy and not see the money flow to where it really matters in the classroom? How did this happen where all this administrative bloat is allowed to happen? Part of it is they take out loans. They know you get these loans, they have the kids take out loans, they're not improving the academic performance, they're expanding bureaucrats and administrative staff, and trying to impose an agenda that way!

That is a failed model and we're trying to make sure that's not happening in the state of Florida.

I'm grateful to be here at the State College of Florida because we have 28 state colleges, many of them are doing really, really good things. This is part of the engine. We're producing more nurses, we've put a lot of emphasis on that because we see the shortage that you have. so there's a huge increase in that. New things like CDL, commercial drivers licenses. When I became governor, we were producing about 600 truck drivers a year in the state through our programs. Now we have the ability to do 3,500 truck drivers a year. We see it in mechanics. All these different things that are really in high demand and are really, really useful for powering an economy, particularly an economy like ours that has outperformed the nation pretty much every month for the last two years. So that's great, we appreciate what they're doing, but they also recently all signed, all state colleges, signed a pledge to say they are not going to have any indoctrinating programs like DEI and CRT on their campuses. That's great leadership, we want to thank them for doing it.

So we have more work to do. Last year we signed a bill for really positive higher education reforms. It did things like dismantling the monopoly accreditation agencies have had on our higher education system. We think there should be choice in the accreditors because these accreditors aren't accountable to anybody, and yet they can wield huge amounts of power in terms of what is allowed to be happening on our university campuses. We also wanted to make sure students going from a state college to a state university could have a seamless transition in terms of their courses, accounting, and all of that is very, very important because you can come here for two years and then you can go to the University of South Florida, or Florida State, and that's fine, and that's a great pathway and we want to do that.

Probably the most important is that we've brought accountability for tenured faculty. Now all tenured faculty at our state universities must undergo review every five years and be let go if they are not performing to expectation. So we need to do more, so today we're announcing a series of proposals to continue to lead in the area of higher education.

The first thing we're going to propose is make sure everyone who goes to a Florida university has to take certain courses focused on giving them a foundation so they can think for themselves. The core curriculum must by grounded in actual history and the actual philosophy that has shaped Western civilization. Our institutions will be graduating students with degrees that will actually be meaningful. We don't want students to go through at taxpayer expense and graduate with a degree in zombie studies. This will make a difference.

We are also going to eliminate all DEI and CRT bureaucracies in the state of Florida. No funding, and that will wither on the vine. And I think that is very important because it serves as an ideological and political filter. You've seen different things. College has really embraced that, and that is part of the reason it hasn't been successful.

^These are PROVED facts.
 02/01/2023 08:52 AM

Cole

The zero replies really stands out now that the view count is gone. Ouch!

I was right.
 02/01/2023 11:43 AM

fishkller

Yeah he seema extra pathetic now. and he's still replying to his own posts lol.

Hey MODS- you wanna clean this FK SPAM out of the thread?

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .