Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Toxic Treason Of Junk Science, Conspiracy Theory, And Political Ideology
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/05/2022 05:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/05/2022 05:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

"Politically-driven vaccine resistance renders persuasion efforts all but futile in that segment of the population. A different, but still potent, obstacle is posed when trying to persuade those susceptible to conspiracy theories. What happens when the two tactics are deliberately and calculatedly used in tandem - facilitated by junk science? Might perpetuating this kind of compound disinformation count as treason if done by a public servant?"

"This is "the first time that we've seen a state government weaponize bad science to spread anti-vaccine disinformation as official policy."

toxic-treason-junk-science-con...and-political-ideology

-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 12/05/2022 05:09 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Rhonda Santis is playing to the base.
That works in Florida, but when Rhonda goes nationwide for a prez run it may be a different story.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV
 12/05/2022 05:27 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Things seem to be a bit 'different' - esp when you have to play to a national audience many of who def do not buy into the 'usual'...

But hey, what do I know .. run rhonda if he makes sweet music to your ears... or maybe qrump... doesn't everyone like cracker music?

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...

12/05/2022 05:34 PM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

This will all play out the same way it did in another thread with Opie. The tactic is to equate any vaccine with a government directive that eroded your personal freedom. No one wants less freedom so getting behind the knee jerk reaction to ferret out the false equivalence of vaccinations with freedom trespassers then gets lost in the noise along with frequency and primacy. I do not share your optimism for a national audience being above this. I hope they are but I suspect they are not. Desantis will tone it down for the masses but he isn't going to go centrist. He's going for trumpism without trump. Small minded populism for bumper sticker followers.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/05/2022 07:11 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Rhonda doesn't have the trump celebrity and crowd skills. But of course the Dems could run some shit head and help him win.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 12/06/2022 04:37 AM

Cole

Rhonda's methods are great if you want to live in a high death rate state.

I was right.
 12/06/2022 06:26 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

For sure. Get your boosters, progs, lest you catch covid, kill your grandparents, and die. Horrible, horrible fate. Look at me as an example of what not to do. In an affront to science (i.e., Fauci), I rejected the vaccine. Look at me now. I am dead and my grandparents are dead. Don't let this happen to you. You cannot get too many boosters.

I :heart; Q

Edited: 12/06/2022 at 06:29 AM by tpapablo
 12/06/2022 07:00 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

During Covid the American people were lied to over and over and over again. Medicine was exposed for being politicized. People were lied to about 14 days to stop the spread, they were lied to about masks, they were lied to about the efficacy of the "vaccines", and they were lied to about the majority of them being at risk in the first place.

Unfortunately, this has resulted in A LOT of people losing trust in our public health institutions. People who never thought twice about vaccinations are now much more skeptical. This will cause a ripple effect with negative consequences that we will probably see for decades to come. When most people realize they have been lied to, they don't just go right back to trusting the same people who just lied to them. This is going to take a lot of time and some introspection among the people at the top of our public health institutions to change it. I'm pretty sure that the time will pass. I have my doubts on whether those at the top of our public health institutions will make the changes required to regain the confidence of the American people.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 12/06/2022 07:28 AM

RustyTruck

Awe you poor babies were "lied to". Whah.

If you would have done the right thing and locked down for 14 days, it could have been stopped. I mean seriously, you guys were militantly non-compliant from the start, which allowed Covid to spread mostly unchecked, then you come cry about how you were "lied to".

As for those who eschew vaccinations, do so at your own risk. I don't care how many of you we have to bury. I reject the notion that "those at the top of our public health institutions" have an obligation to "regain the confidence" of the conspiracy theorists. Public Health is there for everyone's benefit, and in the words of Barbara Billingsley in the movie "Airplane" - "Chump don't want no help, chump don't get no help. Shit."

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

12/06/2022 07:51 AM

johnnyboy

But these skeptics who were lied to knew where to find the truth! Trump, who lied about getting the vaccine and lied about how sick he was from the virus.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

12/06/2022 08:29 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

Originally posted by: Sniper During Covid the American people were lied to over and over and over again. Medicine was exposed for being politicized. People were lied to about 14 days to stop the spread, they were lied to about masks, they were lied to about the efficacy of the "vaccines", and they were lied to about the majority of them being at risk in the first place. Unfortunately, this has resulted in A LOT of people losing trust in our public health institutions. People who never thought twice about vaccinations are now much more skeptical. This will cause a ripple effect with negative consequences that we will probably see for decades to come. When most people realize they have been lied to, they don't just go right back to trusting the same people who just lied to them. This is going to take a lot of time and some introspection among the people at the top of our public health institutions to change it. I'm pretty sure that the time will pass. I have my doubts on whether those at the top of our public health institutions will make the changes required to regain the confidence of the American people.
Because Joe Mercola and the rest of the alternative health industry are so honest and have such a high health success rate.

12/06/2022 08:31 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Awe you poor babies were "lied to". Whah.

If you would have done the right thing and locked down for 14 days, it could have been stopped. I mean seriously, you guys were militantly non-compliant from the start, which allowed Covid to spread mostly unchecked, then you come cry about how you were "lied to".

First of all, you don't know shit about what I did, or did not do, in the early days of Covid. Even most of the people who were "compliant" lol managed to do so by paying people poorer than themselves to be non-compliant and purchase their groceries for them. At this point we are pretty sure that Covid had been making the rounds since November or December of 2019, so 14 days to stop the spread was never going to work in the first place.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 12/06/2022 08:39 AM

tpapablo

You are the one crying or at least should be. YOu, after all fell for the lies. We came out just fine, having avoided flushing two years of our live down the toilet. We also avoided milling around in useless masks like dumb sheep. We were complaining about the stupidity of lockdowns. And, we were proven right and you were proven wrong. Severe lockdowns did not work in China, Australia or New Zealand. Know who came out best among developed countries? Sweden.

12/06/2022 09:10 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

You are the one crying or at least should be. YOu, after all fell for the lies. We came out just fine, having avoided flushing two years of our live down the toilet. We also avoided milling around in useless masks like dumb sheep. We were complaining about the stupidity of lockdowns. And, we were proven right and you were proven wrong. Severe lockdowns did not work in China, Australia or New Zealand. Know who came out best among developed countries? Sweden.

We listened to the truth, took appropriate precautions, and we're all still here. I got vaccinated, and boosted, and never had Covid.

Yet here you guys are still crying about the gummit taking action in the face of a pandemic. Oz and NZ did far, far better than the USA because they're not a load of deluded nuts like the American right wing. Ya'll are the biggest bunch of crybaby snowflakes in history. And if you don't want flu shots, or routine vaccinations for your kids or grandkids, that's fine my me. May the odds be ever in your favor, suckers.

12/06/2022 09:18 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Cole Rhonda's methods are great if you want to live in a high death rate state.
where else ya gonna go, coal
 12/06/2022 09:46 AM

WG

Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

What?
Just deflection?
Nobody's even trying to defend the actions of the SG nor the Gov. that appointed him?

"The truth is incontrovertible.
malice may attack it,
ignorance may deride it,
but in the end,
there it is." -Sir Winston Churchill
 12/06/2022 10:27 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: tpapablo
We listened to the truth, took appropriate precautions, and we're all still here. I got vaccinated, and boosted, and never had Covid. Yet here you guys are still crying about the gummit taking action in the face of a pandemic. Oz and NZ did far, far better than the USA because they're not a load of deluded nuts like the American right wing. Ya'll are the biggest bunch of crybaby snowflakes in history. And if you don't want flu shots, or routine vaccinations for your kids or grandkids, that's fine my me. May the odds be ever in your favor, suckers.
Ah, so you still don't realize that you were lied to? Well ....

12/07/2022 04:11 AM

Cole

We were given advice, and as it turns out, the advice was good. How is that a lie?

The death rate within the unvaxxed group is much higher. That is a peer reviewed proven point.

I was right.
 12/07/2022 04:13 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

We were given advice, and as it turns out, the advice was good.

No in fact it wasn't.

Liar!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 12/07/2022 04:16 AM

Cole

Can see you gary lee, you stupid, useless twat.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

I was right.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .