Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Are We Ready for the 'MuskPhone?' Elon Teases Making His Own Smart Device
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/26/2022 08:01 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/26/2022 08:01 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Are We Ready for the 'MuskPhone?' Elon Teases Making His Own Smart Device
By Bob Hoge | 12:30 AM on November 26, 2022

The opinions expressed by contributors are their own and do not necessarily represent the views of RedState.com.

What would happen if Apple and Google banned Twitter from their app stores? That's the question that was posed to Twitter CEO Elon Musk Friday, and as usual, he had a quick answer:

In other words, he'd tell the two giant corporations to go pound sand, and would take matters into his own hands:

I certainly hope it does not come to that, but, yes, if there is no other choice, I will make an alternative phone

Musk could potentially earn the wrath of the Apple/Google duopoly - the two companies who are the powers behind the iPhone and the Android-powered alternatives like the Samsung Galaxy, respectively - because of the changes he's made since acquiring Twitter. Business Insider reports:

Apple has lengthy guidelines for apps, which they need to follow in order to become and remain available as an app on iPhones and other Apple devices. The leading principle of the guidelines is "safety."

"When people install an app from the App Store, they want to feel confident that it's safe to do so - that the app doesn't contain upsetting or offensive content," the first rule of the guidelines reads.

Musk has focused on stopping blatant censorship on the social media site in his short tenure, a step that is triggering liberals and woke companies. RedState has reported extensively on all those modifications, and has also described the drama behind the scenes at the company. Read all our coverage here.

Elon also recently complained about Apple's high fees, claiming they're no more than a hidden internet tax:

He might have annoyed Apple with that one. Last week, Phil Schiller, who heads the App store, deleted his Twitter account, which had over 200,000 followers. Was that in direct response to Musk's complaint?

In addition, the usual suspects are pushing Apple and Google to boot Twitter. From The Washington Post, of course:

"Apple and Google need to seriously start exploring booting Twitter off the app store," said Alejandra Caraballo, clinical instructor at Harvard Law's cyberlaw clinic. "What Musk is doing is existentially dangerous for various marginalized communities. It's like opening the gates of hell in terms of the havoc it will cause. People who engaged in direct targeted harassment can come back and engage in doxing, targeted harassment, vicious bullying, calls for violence, celebration of violence. I can't even begin to state how dangerous this will be."

Expect such hyperbolic pressure to increase as liberals increasingly freak out over Musk's purchase of the bluebird.

Many Twitter users are enthusiastic about the idea of a new smartphone. Ron DeSantis advisor Christina Pushaw sounds like she'd buy one:

Other commenters pointed out new features that a new smartphone could have, such as better privacy protection than what's currently offered by Google and Apple:

While I'd love to see Musk take on the challenge and bring back innovation to smartphones, and stick it to Google and Apple, I don't truly think that's likely to happen. Designing, manufacturing, and marketing a smartphone is no easy task. Even Google has had trouble, with its Pixel line only garnering two percent of market share of sales in the U.S. (that doesn't mean they've failed - their Android operating software powers 71 percent of smartphones worldwide).

So my heart says, "do it, Elon!" but my brain says it's unlikely. Even if he doesn't, I love how he keeps fighting back against the corporate media's narratives, and keeps tweaking the sensibilities of the infantile outrage mob who lives to be triggered and wants to cancel everything.

He reminds me of another man with grandiose ideas who likes to disrupt the status quo. Any guesses?

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 11/26/2022 11:08 AM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

lol . will it randomly blow up, or just have the battery die for no reason. then there's that whole operating system thing..
 11/26/2022 11:41 AM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Wonder what acid addled grandstander lil mee-lon will call it?
His MAGA-phone?

It's a democratic hoax
 11/26/2022 12:36 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: nukeh2o Wonder what acid addled grandstander lil mee-lon will call it? His MAGA-phone?
OMG so funny,. discuss
 11/28/2022 01:28 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

X phone or tesla phone--you libtards loved him before he bought twitter--what happened to you thin skinned progs?

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .