Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Time to get PAID!
Topic Summary: Or, time to pay for threatening capital
Created On: 08/12/2022 05:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/12/2022 05:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


RustyTruck

Posts: 29794
Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

If you're a politician that is.

Big Pharma needs some favors...


For decades, the drug industry has yelled bloody murder each time Congress considered a regulatory measure that threatened its profits. But the hyperbole reached a new pitch in recent weeks as the Senate moved to adopt modest drug pricing negotiation measures in the Inflation Reduction Act.

The bill "could propel us light-years back into the dark ages of biomedical research," Dr. Michelle McMurry-Heath, president of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, said last month. Venture capitalists and other opponents of the bill said that it "immediately will halt private funding of drug discovery and development."
Steve Ubl, leader of the ubiquitous Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, or PhRMA, called the bill's Senate passage on Aug. 7 a "tragic loss for patients." He threatened in an interview with Politico to make politicians suffer if they voted for the measure, adding that "few associations have all the tools of modern political advocacy at their disposal in the way that PhRMA does."

-------------------------
He/Him

The forest was shrinking
but the trees kept voting
for the axe because it's
handle was made of wood
and they therefore thought
it was one of them
 08/12/2022 05:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


Greensleeves

Posts: 20478
Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Bullshit of course. In one of maybe two countries globally where we have advertisements for drugs with all the same side effects constantly thrown at us, and insurance policies paying the pigs, these behemoths will be fine.
 08/12/2022 06:04 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


tpapablo

Posts: 39181
Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck If you're a politician that is. Big Pharma needs some favors... For decades, the drug industry has yelled bloody murder each time Congress considered a regulatory measure that threatened its profits. But the hyperbole reached a new pitch in recent weeks as the Senate moved to adopt modest drug pricing negotiation measures in the Inflation Reduction Act. The bill "could propel us light-years back into the dark ages of biomedical research," Dr. Michelle McMurry-Heath, president of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization, said last month. Venture capitalists and other opponents of the bill said that it "immediately will halt private funding of drug discovery and development." Steve Ubl, leader of the ubiquitous Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, or PhRMA, called the bill's Senate passage on Aug. 7 a "tragic loss for patients." He threatened in an interview with Politico to make politicians suffer if they voted for the measure, adding that "few associations have all the tools of modern political advocacy at their disposal in the way that PhRMA does."
Politicians should suffer for that supreme idiocy. The people will, so let them have a taste.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 08/12/2022 06:07 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message


Cole

Posts: 59502
Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Hey t-fap, why does the US pay double, triple or quadruple what the rest of the world does when it comes to US based prescription drugs?

-------------------------
So long and thanks for all the fish.
 08/12/2022 06:12 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message


StirfryMcflurry

Posts: 6157
Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: Cole Hey t-fap, why does the US pay double, triple or quadruple what the rest of the world does when it comes to US based prescription drugs?
if you have to ask, you're not paying attencion again, coal 0/5 & if u already know, you trollin
 08/12/2022 06:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


RustyTruck

Posts: 29794
Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

I would propose a law that all new drugs be tested on Pharma capitalists.

Let's run an LD50 test on them with some dick pills.

-------------------------
He/Him

The forest was shrinking
but the trees kept voting
for the axe because it's
handle was made of wood
and they therefore thought
it was one of them
 08/12/2022 12:14 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


OBX

Posts: 2064
Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: RustyTruck I would propose a law that all new drugs be tested on Pharma capitalists. Let's run an LD50 test on them with some dick pills.
Imagine posting this, yet supporting a mandate to test a vaccine on the general population. You really are a confused individual, or a raging hypocrite.

-------------------------

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

 08/12/2022 12:31 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message


WG

Posts: 36621
Joined Forum: 03/10/2005

Yes, I would be opposed in general to a MANDATE to TEST a vaccine on the population.
I think the vaccines that saves countless lives can not be called untested,
Nor was there ever a mandate that I've heard of that didn't include an opt out with testing.
Rushed, sure it was a fucking pandemic. But not what you called it.


-------------------------
"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end,
there it is."
Sir Winston Churchill

Edited: 08/12/2022 at 12:48 PM by WG
Statistics
146363 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2022 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .