Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Brother gone bad
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/22/2022 10:04 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/23/2022 07:05 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Sniper

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Helps explain why LBGTQ+ kids have such a high rate of self harm. Imagine struggling with being gay or queer, and then being abused by the people closest to you.

Is there no such thing as a tomboy anymore? A lot of kids grow out of things or go through phases. People are so quick and eager to jump to hormone blockers and irreversible surgery based on what people who still believe in Santa Claus are telling them.

I think every case has it's own facts and circumstances, but as a father of four I think it's highly unlikely that any parent would seek gender affirming care unless it was very clear that their child needed it. Funny how "parental rights" go right out the window as soon as the culture war narrative runs counter to it.

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 06/23/2022 08:38 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: Sniper

Helps explain why LBGTQ+ kids have such a high rate of self harm. Imagine struggling with being gay or queer, and then being abused by the people closest to you.

Is there no such thing as a tomboy anymore? A lot of kids grow out of things or go through phases. People are so quick and eager to jump to hormone blockers and irreversible surgery based on what people who still believe in Santa Claus are telling them.

I think every case has it's own facts and circumstances, but as a father of four I think it's highly unlikely that any parent would seek gender affirming care unless it was very clear that their child needed it. Funny how "parental rights" go right out the window as soon as the culture war narrative runs counter to it.

It would appear that for most kids that identify as trans, it is a phase. The growing trend towards letting kids make irreversible decisions at such an early age is probably going to lead to even more suicide and depression.

Also, the vast majority of parents allowing their children to make these kinds of irreversible decisions at early ages happen to live in very predictable places. Do you think it is just something in the water that makes the overwhelming majority of trans kids show up in the same city or do you think it has more to do with cultural differences? If some parent in San Fran allows their kids to mutilate their genitals for a condition that the majority of children grow out of, is that really being tolerant or are those parents just too weak to break the societal pressures of their environment and do what is best for their kids?

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden

Edited: 06/23/2022 at 08:56 AM by Sniper
 06/23/2022 09:12 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

This is for the kids and parents to decide, isn't it?

I was right.
 06/23/2022 10:04 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

I think it's highly unlikely that any parent would seek gender affirming care unless it was very clear that their child needed it.
You think Progs wouldn't? Ha.

I :heart; Q
 06/23/2022 10:18 AM

Pagerow

Joined Forum: 12/22/2005

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Hell some even threaten to assault their kids if they stray from the mainstream gender norms.

Actually, I said I would assault them.

The violent extremists are among us.

This is another violent person that Red-flag laws were made to keep guns from.

GOP:

Gaslight
Obstruct
Project
 06/23/2022 10:31 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

A history of domestic violence and/or animal abuse correlates highly with proclivity for murder.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Brother gone bad

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .