Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Homeowners
Topic Summary: Insurance, that is
Created On: 01/25/2022 04:33 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/25/2022 04:33 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Sweet Baby Jesus, here we go again! Another thousand bucks added on this year.

And not only that, my roof is only partially covered even though it's strapped, tongue and groove lumber (not plywood or the particle stuff), 30 year shingles, stainless hardware and only 15 years old.

-------------------------
I was right.
 01/25/2022 04:34 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

But by all means, focus on trans athletes and dangerous history.

I was right.
 01/25/2022 05:15 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

DeSantis caused the problem, he needs to fix it.
 01/25/2022 05:23 AM

3rdworldlover

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

tHe BoaRdEr KriSis!
 01/25/2022 05:30 AM

RiddleMe

ERMAGERD! M&M changed the green character! Now Tucker can't fap fap to it. WAR ON M&Ms!
 01/25/2022 05:34 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Sweet Baby Jesus, here we go again! Another thousand bucks added on this year.

And not only that, my roof is only partially covered even though it's strapped, tongue and groove lumber (not plywood or the particle stuff), 30 year shingles, stainless hardware and only 15 years old.

THANKS JOE BIDEN!

http://fernandinaobserver.com/...urance-300-each-year/

THAT ALSO MEANS FUCK YOU COLESLAW!

YOU AND THE REST OF YOUR ILK VOTED FOR THIS PIECE OF SHIT!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 01/25/2022 at 05:39 AM by Fish Killer
 01/25/2022 05:41 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

DeSantis caused the problem, he needs to fix it.

FUCK NO HE DIDN'T!

BIDEN DID!

ASSHOLE!

http://fernandinaobserver.com/...surance-300-each-year/

^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 01/25/2022 at 05:41 AM by Fish Killer
 01/25/2022 05:47 AM

RiddleMe

The DeSantis plan for dealing with homeowner insurance rates failed horribly. Rant and rave all you like, but your little snowflake meltdown isn't going to change reality.

01/25/2022 05:49 AM

Fish Killer

Biden hurricane tax increase looming for Florida homeowners
Don Brown

With new tropical systems threatening multiple coastal states every week, there's more bad news emerging from Washington D.C., with rising concerns over the so called "Made in America" tax plan. As more details emerge on this tax proposal, it looks like a more fitting name would be the "Made in America Hurricane Tax Increase."

Floridians should be concerned, very concerned, over this tax proposal from the Biden Administration. It is clear now that this tax plan will lead to a large tax increase for Florida homeowners in the form of a new "hurricane tax."

According to new data released by the R Street Institute, Florida homeowners could see as much as a 13 percent increase in their property insurance rates totaling more than $1.6 billion if the "Made in America" tax plan becomes reality.

As the Florida and national economy continue to rebound from the negative impacts of the Coronavirus pandemic, the last thing Floridians need right now is huge tax increase thanks to the federal government. Frankly, it is appalling that some leaders in Washington, including the President, think this misguided tax plan is a good idea while many in our state continue to try to regain their economic footing after a year and a half long pandemic.

This tax plan is another example of why we all need to read the fine print. Sure, it might sound good to say we are going to tax foreign-based companies and encourage more investment in the United States. The problem is the internationally based reinsurance market is a critical component of Florida's property insurance structure.

For example, it was reported last week that that Bermuda-based reinsurance companies have paid more than $400 billion in claims costs around the United States since 1997. Those are real claims paid to real citizens who desperately needed the help during times of crisis. Without the "backup" of reinsurance, Florida's already struggling property insurance market would face even greater problems.

Maybe some leaders think they can score political points by proposing a plan that claims to just tax internationally based corporations. The problem is they are scoring those points off the backs and wallets of Florida homeowners. I urge Florida's Congressional delegation and Congressional leaders to keep the best interest of Floridians in mind and reject this bad tax plan.

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/25/2022 05:54 AM

RiddleMe

No source cited and irrelevant because the increases started happening while Trump was in office, before Biden was elected. DeSantis tried to 'fix' it and failed horribly. He is in office and is responsible. Keep your propaganda to yourself.
 01/25/2022 06:17 AM

scombrid

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

FK wants to perpetuate distorted subsidized markets.

01/25/2022 06:21 AM

tpapablo

Thought you guys loved inflation. Building supplies go up, home insurance rates go up. Keep voting for senile presidents and they will continue to go up. Enjoy the world you created. You richly deserve it.

I :heart; Q
 01/25/2022 06:27 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

No vax = sick workers = production and transport delays = scarcity = rising prices.

But the insurance crisis looks like profit taking by the monopolies.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/25/2022 06:43 AM

scombrid

Trying to make hay and reduce exposure after getting hammered in the last few years. Remember "Dropped by the Farm" after the 2004/2005 seasons? It is mostly fly by night profiteering shit bags that are selling property coverage around here now. The risk is super high to if prices are actually set to risk... That is where regulators have to make sure the companies have capital to cover when Dorian doesn't stall over the Bahamas but makes landfall as a cat 5 somewhere between here and Key Largo. They won't. We get a real hit and it is going to be bad. They are just going to declare bankruptcy and leave everybody hanging.

01/25/2022 06:48 AM

seaspray

Joined Forum: 05/10/2012

When I shopped around for quotes, the agent mentioned that a 15 y/o roof is considered as "old"

Edited: 01/25/2022 at 06:49 AM by seaspray
 01/25/2022 07:04 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

No vax = sick workers = production and transport delays = scarcity = rising prices.

But the insurance crisis looks like profit taking by the monopolies.

Biden orchestrated it!

THANKS BIDEN!

^These are PROVED facts.
 01/25/2022 07:07 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck No vax = sick workers = production and transport delays = scarcity = rising prices. But the insurance crisis looks like profit taking by the monopolies.
Let's see here. Who were he ones who pushed the covid panic? Believe it was you guys. If everyone had followed my advice, none of that would be happening now. The monster you created is devouring you. Good.

I :heart; Q
 01/25/2022 07:16 AM

dingpatch

Yep, , , , ,!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Homeowners went up 69%. FOOK ME !!!!!

My mortgage "escrow" is $3000 short but I am lucky that I can cover it.

Dora Hates You
 01/25/2022 07:18 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: seaspray When I shopped around for quotes, the agent mentioned that a 15 y/o roof is considered as "old"
30 year shingles are more like 20 year in FL with the sun and deluge rains. Our roof was 16 years old with shitty three tab shingles and insurance said "nope" even though they were technically 25 year shingles. We re-roofed with metal a couple of years ago. Lot of people are also using storm events to get a re-roof. They just hang on to the old shingles until a couple get torn off in a storm or a couple of hail stones and then you get the roofing company that specializes in storm roofs to get you a new roof for the cost of a deductible. That hail storm over here back in 2019 cost insurance companies a pile of money. Some roofs were legit hail losses but the roofers crawled the neighborhoods and got lots of people new roofs even in places where the hail wasn't that bad.

01/25/2022 07:20 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: RustyTruck No vax = sick workers = production and transport delays = scarcity = rising prices. But the insurance crisis looks like profit taking by the monopolies.
Let's see here. Who were he ones who pushed the covid panic? Believe it was you guys. If everyone had followed my advice, none of that would be happening now. The monster you created is devouring you. Good.
The worst production and transport delays were and are overseas and relate to sick workers not to any policy or media "narratives" here in the US. Couldn't get the Yamaha I wanted last year because of a chip factory in Malaysia. I'm sure it was the "prog panic" that repeatedly shut that place down.

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : Homeowners

1 2 3 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .