Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Leading climate scientists says we are all dead in 9 years.
Topic Summary:
Created On: 01/20/2022 08:05 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/20/2022 08:05 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

We are doomed. Another thing that Dementia Joe has screwed up. And, I think we can all agree that this is a pretty bad screw-up.

-------------------------
I :heart; Q
 01/20/2022 10:18 AM

johnnyboy

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Hyperbole. Another way the GOP types avoid any discussion or change. All or nothing? Nothing every time.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Edited: 01/20/2022 at 10:21 AM by johnnyboy
 01/20/2022 10:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Unless someone can figure out how salvaging a livable environment can show greater potential for accumulation of capital than extraction and consumption, we're pretty much F'ed.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 01/20/2022 11:41 AM

sandi

Joined Forum: 03/26/2007

Bees.

when the bees are gone, so is our food supply.

Gone!
 01/20/2022 05:33 PM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

The way crap is going, I only give it five.
 01/20/2022 07:55 PM

johnnyboy

The older the gop types, the pale male and stale guys, think they won't live long enough to see the bed they shit. It's like those neighbors that live in s house they can't afford, lease cars beyond their means and drive boats they refinanced their house again for. Their credit cards are maxed out and their kids go to schools they are in debt to. They will never earn their way out of their lifestyle so they keep buying on credit snd plan to die before the bill finally comes due. It will be their kids problem.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

Edited: 01/20/2022 at 08:01 PM by johnnyboy
 01/21/2022 04:51 AM

Cole

Well put Johnny. Will there ever be a point when the Right says it was wrong about unchecked pollution and the necessity to do something about it?

I was right.
 01/21/2022 07:18 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: johnnyboy The older the gop types, the pale male and stale guys, think they won't live long enough to see the bed they shit. It's like those neighbors that live in s house they can't afford, lease cars beyond their means and drive boats they refinanced their house again for. Their credit cards are maxed out and their kids go to schools they are in debt to. They will never earn their way out of their lifestyle so they keep buying on credit snd plan to die before the bill finally comes due. It will be their kids problem.
Yes, you like the prog model, don't you? So, pale and extremely sutpid guys yell "Covid!!!" and proclaim that we are all going to die unless we spend trillions and take away everyone's freedoms.Likewise, they yell "global warming!!!" and proclaim we are all going to die unless we spend trillions and take away everyone's freedoms. Now that most people have seen through those hoaxes, there will soon be another one. Leaving our kids with $30 trillion in debt and climbing ain't going to go so well either. The difference is that we aren't frightened, helpless and stupid little girls. You guys are.

01/21/2022 07:30 AM

Greensleeves

Foxnews Alert: remember when tspank was semi-lucid?

Edited: 01/21/2022 at 07:30 AM by Greensleeves
 01/21/2022 08:41 AM

RustyTruck

When the rain falls, it doesn't fall on one man's house. Pabs it's going to rain on you too.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

01/21/2022 08:46 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck When the rain falls, it doesn't fall on one man's house. Pabs it's going to rain on you too.
Maybe, maybe not. But if it does, I will deal with it. I won't be tearing my hair out and squawking about I need the gov't to save me by spending my money, raising taxes on other people, and telling me to stay inside until 2 years after the rain stops.

01/21/2022 08:56 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

When the rain falls, it doesn't fall on one man's house. Pabs it's going to rain on you too.

Maybe, maybe not. But if it does, I will deal with it. I won't be tearing my hair out and squawking about I need the gov't to save me by spending my money, raising taxes on other people, and telling me to stay inside until 2 years after the rain stops.

You are comfortable that your personal wealth will allow you to dodge the worst effects, which is pretty common for middle to upper classes. But the working class and most of the global south will be left to try and survive in worsening conditions, and it's highly likely they will "come for you".

01/21/2022 10:03 AM

tpapablo

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: tpapablo
Originally posted by: RustyTruck When the rain falls, it doesn't fall on one man's house. Pabs it's going to rain on you too.
You are comfortable that your personal wealth will allow you to dodge the worst effects, which is pretty common for middle to upper classes. But the working class and most of the global south will be left to try and survive in worsening conditions, and it's highly likely they will "come for you".
I am comfortable in the fact that I will deal with whatever comes down the pike. The global south is already coming for me. Check what's happening at the border since Dementia Joe came to power. I am doing fine nonetheless.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .