Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Smashing and Grabbing Blue America into Ruin
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/03/2021 10:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/03/2021 10:28 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Smashing and Grabbing Blue America into Ruin
By J. Robert Smith
December 3, 2021

The recent spate of brazen organized store lootings in Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, and surroundings aren't the beginning of societal unraveling in those places, but the latest manifestations. They represent a new stage and an acceleration. It's no accident that this mayhem is lopsidedly centered in blue strongholds.

Note that these smash-and-grab robberies aren't confined to poor neighborhoods in big blue cities, but have spread to middle-class and upscale areas -- areas frequented or inhabited by the affluent, (mostly) white progressives who have favored defunding police and emptying prisons.

Their virtue-signaling about equity and justice is well and good until they become victims -- or, at least, feel threatened. The chickens are coming home to roost throughout blue America, to amend Reverend Jeremiah Wright's famous dictum.

Here are samples of the growing havoc:

From the L.A. Times, November 26:

Los Angeles police late Friday were on citywide tactical alert after a wave of smash-and-grab "flash mob" robberies at high-end stores.

This from CNN, November 22:

At least 14 people forced their way into a Louis Vuitton store in Oak Brook, Illinois, last week, and made off with at least $100,000 in merchandise, according to CNN affiliate WLS-TV, based on interviews with the Oak Brook Police Department.

And from The Real Deal, November 22:

Brazen thieves targeted stores in four Bay Area cities, including a Walnut Creek Nordstrom, in a three-day spree that forced officials to restrict access to San Francisco's Union Square.

The culprits in this race to the bottom aren't just awful elected officials, incompetent public servants, and law enforcement rendered impotent in tackling crime, but a corrupt worldview that permits thieves and thugs to run wild. These brazen mass robberies aren't a passing phenomenon. They'll only spread, increase, and worsen. They reflect a perverse ordering of society that stems from progressive values and principles.

Making political changes in blue jurisdictions next election year would certainly slow the slide, but not arrest and reverse it. There's no exit for citizens in blue states and jurisdictions unless they cast off progressivism, which feeds societal derangement. Otherwise, when fickle voters eventually return progressive politicians to office, lawlessness and rot will resume.

By way of example, in the early 90s, crime-plagued New York City was made worse by the dreadful David Dinkins' administration. Dinkins was followed by 20 good years of law-and-order under Giuliani and Bloomberg. New York thrived. The de Blasio years mark a return to the Dinkins' era, along with steeper decline. It's no coincidence that de Blasio began his government career under Dinkins.

Progressives aren't a demoralized lot. That wouldn't explain why and how they're failing at practically everything they touch, including upholding law and protecting innocents from criminals. Conceit, in part, insulates them from connecting the dots.

Progressives haven't lost their confidence in traditional values; they've consciously abandoned those values over decades. They're confidentially anti what America has long stood for; their disdain continues to grow.

The breakdown of law and order is obviously a prerequisite to "transforming" America. Left-leaning ruling classes rationalized or embraced and, in some instances, openly encouraged lawlessness and violence last year. Kamala Harris' public support for this degeneracy surely emboldened criminals, which includes BLM and Antifa. Both groups act in loose cooperation with Democrats.

Victims, like the McCloskeys in St. Louis, who last year defended their property from a mob, per Missouri law, were indicted by Democrat circuit attorney Kim Gardner while real criminals roamed free. The McCloskeys agreed to plead guilty to lesser charges, which amounted to wrist slaps. The anticipation of a pardon from Missouri governor Mike Parson spared the McCloskeys the time, costs, and uncertainty of lengthy criminal proceedings.

This autumn, the nation watched the undeserved prosecution of Kyle Rittenhouse, who defended his life against assailants during the Kenosha riots last August. Videotapes, showing Rittenhouse being menaced and assaulted, necessitating his killing two assailants and wounding another, were plainly exculpatory.

Rittenhouse was maliciously prosecuted. Thomas Binger, Kenosha's lead prosecutor, saw to it. As with the McCloskeys, the Rittenhouse trial was, in a larger sense, an attempt by progressives to upend a civilizational norm. What was really on trial was a right to self-defense.

Democrats Kim Gardner and Thomas Binger chose to weaponize the law, going after law-abiding citizens, attacking their moral right to protect themselves. Soros-backed DAs in San Francisco (Chesa Boudin), Los Angeles (George Gascón), and Chicago (state attorney Kim Foxx) are lax on crime and grant passes to bad guys routinely.

Gardner and Binger, et al, are only symptomatic of deeper trouble across blue America. The deeper trouble is the polities that install these men and women in office or elect those who hire the Bingers. Harmful policies and governance result from poor choices by citizens who are guided by faulty judgment. The sorry spectacle of Christmas season in San Francisco is a testament to the community's dysfunction. Chesa Boudin wasn't appointed by God.

The good news is that Boudin and Gascón are facing recall efforts. Not all San Franciscans and Angelenos are ready to accept their communities' suicides. Likewise, in a fit of sanity, Seattle voters elected Republican Ann Davidson as city attorney in a tight contest. Minneapolis voters turned out two anti-police city council members and voted down an initiative to effectively dismantle the public safety department. But do these results truly represent the beginning of sea changes in understanding or merely reactions to the moment?

What we've seen in Washington, D.C. since January has been a concerted effort by Democrats to impose failed progressive beliefs and values on red (or traditional) America. Behind every Biden and congressional Democrat measure is an attempt to alter the nation in fundamental ways... to refashion the country so it more closely resembles declining blue states, New York and California being the premier examples. And the aforementioned blue cities, where rot is as plain as day.

If that seems perverse, it is. Healthy minds, informed by healthy morality, measure actions as those actions play out in reality. Consequences matter. If failures occur, partial or whole, changes are made to align one's perceptions and actions with facts. That makes for healthier people and communities.

Progressives have either lost or lack the very vital capacity to properly discriminate. They're enthralled by a belief system that omits the damaging facts of their actions if those facts offend or challenge their beliefs. Failures are ignored or excused -- and if you listen to Jen Pasiak's yakking, spun as successes. Through rampant crime, unsafe streets, ransacked stores, and more, blue communities are bearing the brunt of this obstinacy -- a communal obstinacy, no less.

Such is the stuff of blind zealotry, too, and in a real sense, that makes progressives dangerous -- not only to themselves and their communities but to us... to the nation as a whole.

Zealots can't be reasoned or compromised with; they aren't open to either, anyway. They won't stop unless they're defeated and pushed to the margins. If progressive zealotry prevails, and progressives succeed at imposing their worldview on us, the consequences will be similar to what's happening in dreary San Francisco and Chicago. Main streets in our communities will become mean streets. Americans of good sense and goodwill can't permit that to happen.

-------------------------
The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 12/03/2021 10:31 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

More good news, right progs?

I :heart; Q
 12/03/2021 02:21 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Kinda hard to smash and grab a Luis Vuitton store in Montana or West Virginia considering there are no Luis Vuitton stores to steal from. Liberal cities have money.

I was right.
 12/03/2021 02:23 PM

Cole

Soros!!

Hot damn this guy is good! He's every comic bad guy rolled into one.

Do any of you right types stop to think for a second...ever? lol

I was right.
 12/03/2021 02:33 PM

follydude

You Conservitards own school shootings and other mass murder via firearm.

So, a little personal property loss that is covered by insurance is a blip on the moral radar.

Finally, some parents are being held responsible in Michigan for their little monster.

12/03/2021 03:35 PM

tpapablo

Yep, progs think it is a good thing. We will see if they keep that view after the mid-terms. Perhaps they don't realize that they are the only freaks in the country that approve of this sort of thing. The rest of us blame it on dems/progs.

I :heart; Q
 12/03/2021 05:21 PM

follydude

Originally posted by: tpapablo

Yep, progs think it is a good thing. We will see if they keep that view after the mid-terms. Perhaps they don't realize that they are the only freaks in the country that approve of this sort of thing. The rest of us blame it on dems/progs.

Good to suggest that the California Conservitards are willing to throw a "Hail Mary" and hire goons to disrupt.

Makes sense.

12/04/2021 05:29 AM

Greensleeves

Qotards scared we get it. Your news sources blow up things that make you bitches afraid.
 12/04/2021 05:36 AM

Cole

Make light drug offenses monetary penalties and then put the real criminals in jail. Anyone who ever had anything to do with pot should not be incarcerated.

I was right.

Edited: 12/04/2021 at 05:37 AM by Cole
 12/04/2021 08:39 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: Cole

Make light drug offenses monetary penalties and then put the real criminals in jail. Anyone who ever had anything to do with pot should not be incarcerated.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

In your Blue States they let out the REAL criminals...

Daily!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 12/04/2021 08:58 AM

Lunchmeat

Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Qotards scared we get it. Your news sources blow up things that make you bitches afraid.

More like your news sources shelter from the real bad things that are happening that make your party look bad like it is. Easier to control the herd that way as they don't question anything that cnn doesn't tell them.

If it’s legal will do it, if it’s not legal, we’ll figure out how to change the law-Joe Biden

Edited: 12/04/2021 at 08:59 AM by Lunchmeat
 12/05/2021 12:33 AM

Greensleeves

Oh no! I walked out in the world yesterday and didn't see anything like what y'all are pissing your pants about. While the crimes all news sources report are heinous do some math and figure out how prevalent these are. Boo!! Perhaps baloney's "news" sources keep him in his current state of heightened ignorance? Hey baloney what are the good news sources. My am radio dial doesn't get much use so this is good.

God you Qotards are stupid. You don't think the cops, corporations are going to deal with this shit? They dealt with you insurrectionist bitches so that every Q or my pillow guy ordered rallying day since you cowered.

Edited: 12/05/2021 at 12:36 AM by Greensleeves
 12/05/2021 03:53 AM

Lunchmeat

No dummy, Scott free to do it again, But this is the America you want-

Fourteen suspects accused of "smash and grab" incidences have been released from custody partially through a "zero bail" policy passed by California's Supreme Court earlier this year, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed.

If it’s legal will do it, if it’s not legal, we’ll figure out how to change the law-Joe Biden
 12/05/2021 03:56 AM

Lunchmeat

News sources you ask? Well I browse them all, knowing that in some like yours are far left leaning, others are far right leaning, some are walking down the middle, I take it all in and form my own judgment, I don't let news sources tell me how to think although I guess you do, judging by your comments

12/05/2021 04:35 AM

Cole

I take it all in and form my own judgment

Then why do you only argue the points from the farther right?

Do you really think these rare smash and grabs are the end of the country like FK and Tpapblows?

I was right.
 12/05/2021 05:09 AM

Greensleeves

Fuck you baloney you are stupid. You can't even name a fucking news source you recommend. And we all know why.
 12/05/2021 05:16 AM

Lunchmeat

Originally posted by: Cole

I take it all in and form my own judgment

Then why do you only argue the points from the farther right?

Do you really think these rare smash and grabs are the end of the country like FK and Tpapblows?

No did I say that? I only comment on your guy's responses that defend or discount the events because how dare you condemn anything bad that happens in a blue state.
End it may seem that all my points are from the far right because maybe that's what I end up believing, also in my opinion the far left new sites manipulate the news more.

Edited: 12/05/2021 at 05:18 AM by Lunchmeat
 12/05/2021 05:19 AM

Lunchmeat

Originally posted by: Greensleeves

Fuck you baloney you are stupid. You can't even name a fucking news source you recommend. And we all know why.

So is that a bad or a good thing? we all know who you recommend.

12/05/2021 11:44 AM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Lunchmeat

News sources you ask? Well I browse them all, knowing that in some like yours are far left leaning, others are far right leaning, some are walking down the middle, I take it all in and form my own judgment, I don't let news sources tell me how to think although I guess you do, judging by your comments

You do repeat a lot of extreme right wing rag talking points verbatim more so than not.
 12/05/2021 12:23 PM

Lunchmeat

Most of what I bring up are actual things that are going on, right wing or not. Just because left news sources don't talk about them doesn't make them any less real.

Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .