Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Stupid anti vax Coach get shit canned
Topic Summary: Debates the science, claims his Catholic faith does not allow vax
Created On: 10/27/2021 07:39 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/27/2021 11:57 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

OBX

Joined Forum: 11/06/2012

Originally posted by: tpapablo The thing that interests me is whether an employer can be sued if it mandates vaccinations and an employee has serious side-effects. I am sure that we will find out. Those lawsuits are coming.
This raises another question. How are mandates "law?" In other words, how is it the President can make a law/mandate, that is punishable without compliance, without going through Congress? Isn't the Constitution supposed to prevent this type of "Monarchy?"

-------------------------

"Its easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

10/27/2021 11:57 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: tpapablo

The thing that interests me is whether an employer can be sued if it mandates vaccinations and an employee has serious side-effects. I am sure that we will find out. Those lawsuits are coming.

Sounds like a workman's comp claim.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/27/2021 12:02 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Originally posted by: HAPDigital

The thing that interests me is whether an employer can be sued if it mandates vaccinations and an employee has serious side-effects. I am sure that we will find out. Those lawsuits are coming.

Nope, not going to happen. The vaccine is the employee's choice, not something the employer forces them to get. They may require it for the job but they do not force anyone to get it.

You could require it for a new hire...but NOT for a current employee that was not required when hired.

The lawsuits are going to fly.

Nope. Employers can hire and fire anyone they want for any reason besides anything that falls under discrimination laws. This is not one of them.
 10/27/2021 12:07 PM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
Originally posted by: tpapablo The thing that interests me is whether an employer can be sued if it mandates vaccinations and an employee has serious side-effects. I am sure that we will find out. Those lawsuits are coming.
Sounds like a workman's comp claim.
Probably.

I :heart; Q
 10/27/2021 12:19 PM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Originally posted by: OBX

This raises another question. How are mandates "law?" In other words, how is it the President can make a law/mandate, that is punishable without compliance, without going through Congress? Isn't the Constitution supposed to prevent this type of "Monarchy?"

From what I have heard, it doesn't sound like there is much of a chance at all that these will stick. However, most of these companies are going to force the vaccinations before the cases have a chance to make their way through the courts.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/27/2021 05:19 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Just get the vaccine and quit being such babies. If you have a legit reason via your doctor, don't get it. That is all. Now STFU and go to Walgreens or Publix and get your shot.
 10/27/2021 05:42 PM

Lunchmeat

Joined Forum: 08/02/2003

"No, you cannot hold your employer liable for side effects from the vaccine, even if it's a requirement for your employment.

WHAT WE FOUND:

According to the Department of Labor, many workplaces are covered by OSHA rules called "The Emergency Temporary Standard." The ETS requires employers to support COVID-19 vaccination for each employee by providing time and paid leave for vaccination and any side effects following vaccination.

The ETS does not require employers to pay for medical treatment for any vaccination side effects.

That's where the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration Countermeasure Injury Compensation plan, or CICP, comes into play.

CICP was created so in the unlikely event you experience a serious injury from a covered countermeasure, you could be considered for benefits. The COVID-19 vaccines are covered by the program."

If it’s legal will do it, if it’s not legal, we’ll figure out how to change the law-Joe Biden

Edited: 10/27/2021 at 05:43 PM by Lunchmeat
 10/28/2021 01:38 AM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Yes hap! Their bodies are their yucky temples. They are making themselves sick in their beliefs alone. Weighed down with no surfing, beer consuming, no science believing habits. QOPers might as well get the shots and do something decent for themselves and for other Americans.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .