Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Anyone think Alec Baldwin will be charged with anything?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/22/2021 09:53 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/22/2021 09:53 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

Apparently Baldwin killed someone with a "prop gun"? Why would a movie set use a real gun as a "prop gun"? Even if they did use a real gun, why the hell would it be loaded? This sounds more like Baldwin being careless with a firearm than it sounds like a prop accident. Even if I saw something that looked like a gun, the last thing I would do would be to point it somewhere and start pulling the trigger. Think Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter?

-------------------------
"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 10/22/2021 10:16 AM

dingpatch

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

I'd not expect any charges BUT, , , , ,, , , WHAT IN THE FOOK was a loaded weapon doing on the set posing as a Prop ???!!!

Perhaps a Prop Master will be held accountable.

Dora Hates You
 10/22/2021 10:26 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

He's a prog. Progs don't get prosecuted. Criminal laws are applied differently now, depending on political views.

I :heart; Q
 10/22/2021 10:30 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Is Baldwin a Dem? I just though he was a douchebag.

At any rate, it would make more sense to wait for more information on what actually happened. This isn't exactly the first time someone's been killed with a prop gun.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 10/22/2021 10:47 AM

scombrid

Originally posted by: Sniper Think Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter?
Depends if it was careless or negligent behavior on his part. Don't yet know if it was a bullet that did the killing or a malfunction or some other situation. "prop guns" are guns firing blanks. Not the first time a prop gun has killed someone either, something I didn't know until I search the web for similar incidents. Haven't seen whether or not this was a gun that had an actual live round in it. Don't think it was. So who was negligent in maintaining the prop or careless in operating or both? Those questions are not answered in any article that I've read yet.

Edited: 10/22/2021 at 11:32 AM by scombrid
 10/22/2021 10:55 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Charge Baldwin with what? Nowhere near enough information to even suggest he did anything wrong or negligent.
 10/22/2021 11:11 AM

RustyTruck

Unconfirmed, but I'm seeing some rumblings about unsafe working conditions and workers quitting from the set of the movie they were working on. Sounds like these workers may have been replaced by non-union workers the day of the accident.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

10/22/2021 11:20 AM

SlimyBritches

Joined Forum: 01/08/2016

Doesn't matter who's at fault in this ACCIDENT. Either way, the victim's family will be well off. I'd stand in front of a Baldwin all day if I knew my family would be taken care of when he fuggs up again. And you know he will

Edited: 10/22/2021 at 11:20 AM by SlimyBritches
 10/22/2021 12:35 PM

HAPDigital

Joined Forum: 11/29/2004

Actors do not handle props off set unless they are under supervision/training. SAG follows strict rules about this stuff and what actors can and cannot do. This happened to Brandon Lee, Bruce Lee's son. However, he was on the bullet end of the accident and died. The DA for the case said the production company for The Crow was negligent but they did not follow through with any charges. Most likely something similar happened.

Here is was happened on the set of The Crow:
Hollowed-out cartridges are often used to film close-ups of a gun being loaded; the "dummy" cartridges are then supposed to be removed and replaced with blanks before being fired. The police investigation into Lee's death concluded that a tip of one of the cartridge's bullets broke off from the cartridge and lodged in the gun, then fired at Lee along with the blank.
 10/22/2021 10:11 PM

HAPDigital

Gun was "safe"...

Looks like their was some crazy drama with the production too.

Edited: 10/22/2021 at 10:14 PM by HAPDigital
 10/24/2021 03:16 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Who aimed the gun and shot through one person and wounded another? If it was a western film a cowboy load (.45LC) is doubtful to penetrate that much!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 10/24/2021 03:29 PM

HAPDigital

Originally posted by: crankit

Who aimed the gun and shot through one person and wounded another? If it was a western film a cowboy load (.45LC) is doubtful to penetrate that much!

Doesn't matter. Not how it works on a large production. Prop experts are in charge of safety. Actors do one thing, act. Sure they can produce, direct and act but when it comes to weapons they always have and hire advisors. Lots of contracts release the actor from such liabilities as well.

As far as killing, doesn't seem you know the power of guns. Brandon Lee died to a blank round with a piced inside because it was not previously cleared properly.

I'm sure you will make conspiracy theories though. It's what you do.
 10/24/2021 03:45 PM

StirfryMcflurry

Joined Forum: 08/17/2016

Originally posted by: RustyTruck This isn't exactly the first time someone's been killed with a prop gun.
Correct for most of us.... butt it's all new to someone who calls hisself - sniper
 10/25/2021 04:38 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

It was a real gun, not a prop.

Since it was a real gun, it should have been handled like a real gun.

Baldwin learned the hard way what I was told and taught when I was 4 years old, "There is no such thing as an unloaded gun."

That is, treat the gun like it is loaded even if you know it isn't.

Anyone not doing this is a MORON!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 10/25/2021 04:57 AM

HAPDigital

That's not how it works legally and contractually. It's considered a prop real or not. You know nothing about film production. Don't even try.
 10/25/2021 05:06 AM

HAPDigital

Where Baldwin can get in trouble is on the producing end. He was one of the producers of the film. If he is linked to the cutting corners and the friction with the crews that are in charge of this, and hiring of the replacement crew which led up to this, he can very well be charged with something.
 10/25/2021 06:19 AM

scombrid

Yeah criminal and civil negligence isn't going to come from the firing of the gun but the process through which that faulty prop ended up on set.

10/25/2021 07:18 AM

RustyTruck

Originally posted by: scombrid

Yeah criminal and civil negligence isn't going to come from the firing of the gun but the process through which that faulty prop ended up on set.

We have a winner.

10/25/2021 03:37 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: CRAPDigital

That's not how it works legally and contractually. It's considered a prop real or not. You know nothing about film production. Don't even try.

It's a FIREARM...BY LAW!

PERIOD!

YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT...AND DON'T CLAIM THAT YOU DO!

YOU ARENT A LAWYER AND YOU SURE AS FUCK ARENT A CALIFORNIA LAWYER....FUCKWAD!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.

Edited: 10/25/2021 at 10:45 PM by Fish Killer
 10/25/2021 03:56 PM

HAPDigital

No, I've just worked in the film and video industry for over 25 years now. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .