Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Woodward/Costa book: Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took top-secret action to protect nuclear weapons
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/14/2021 10:46 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/14/2021 10:46 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

"In response, Milley took extraordinary action, and called a secret meeting in his Pentagon office on January 8 to review the process for military action, including launching nuclear weapons. Speaking to senior military officials in charge of the National Military Command Center, the Pentagon's war room, Milley instructed them not to take orders from anyone unless he was involved.

"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood."

-------------------------
Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/14/2021 11:04 AM

tpapablo

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

If true, Milley should be court martialed.

I :heart; Q
 09/14/2021 11:46 AM

Joined Forum: 07/27/2021

For following procedure and making sure everyone knew it?

Do you need a refresher course Counselor?

or are you huffing spray paint while bingeing Bribebart?

Hi. I'm Mike.
 09/14/2021 11:46 AM

tpapablo

General Milley told China in a secret phone call that he would give advance warning if U.S. were planning an attack. "If we're going to attack, I'm going to call you ahead of time. It's not going to be a surprise."
Traitor too.

09/14/2021 12:21 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

He was a traitor to trump, that's for sure. Clearly acted in the best interest of the Republic though.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 09/14/2021 01:14 PM

Yup.

Don't vote for dotards- they'll get you killed.

Which we've been seeing for 20+ months now

Hi. I'm Mike.
 09/14/2021 01:46 PM

Bamboo

Joined Forum: 07/24/2003

First off Gen. Milley did the right thing.
There is a protocol for verifying that a nuclear order is legitimate and legal. He ordered his team to strictly follow that protocol and he wanted to be part of it as he should be.

"No matter what you are told, you do the procedure. You do the process. And I'm part of that procedure," Milley told the officers, according to the book. He then went around the room, looked each officer in the eye, and asked them to verbally confirm they understood. "

The way I take it is that General Milley wanted to make sure a petulant and angry President didn't do something stupid and try to circumvent the system to start a war to divert attention away from his failures.

Not the first time this has been done by any means, it happened during Nixon's time in office, too.

It is good to hear that there were adults in the room to protect us from the same guy who FK'd up our Syria/Kurdish/Turkey relations and left 50 B-61 Thermonuclear drop bombs in Turkey.

As for other excerpts from the book....well, it just shows how unqualified Trump was for the office, how little respect he had for the office, and how it was always about him and not the American People.
No wonder he lost the election...I bet his own wife voted against him.

If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC - KV

Edited: 09/14/2021 at 06:22 PM by Bamboo
 09/14/2021 01:59 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Chumpf is a traitor. Always been one. He sold us out to the russians, the Koreans, and the Chinese.
The military understood exactly who he's always been.
Our military swears an oath to protect and defend our constitution and our democracy built around it.
Not some fleabag orange flailing failure. Good job Mr Millley

It's a democratic hoax
 09/14/2021 02:08 PM

tpapablo

As I was saying ... Court Martial.

09/14/2021 03:17 PM

crankit

Joined Forum: 07/30/2003

Libtards think that hunter did no wrong while using blunder for a bargaining chip!

Romans 8;18-32 John 3;16-18
 09/14/2021 05:09 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Originally posted by: tpapablo

As I was saying ... Court Martial.

Really? Is it even possible to find a less reputable site?

I guess this is a shout to FUCK TRUMP! from people who matter. lol

I was right.
 09/14/2021 05:17 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Think that Millie should get a national prime time platform to reiterate to the whole country how an unstable idiot had the nuke football - guarantee that he will only get praise - but possibly a well deserved medal for saving the world... Also many top R's will end up going on record as to what they were really thinking - Bring it on,,

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 09/14/2021 06:09 PM

Wrongz as usual.

Hi. I'm Mike.
 09/14/2021 06:18 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Even your own POS Vindman says the scumbag should be axed!

Retired Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, the star witness in the first impeachment of President Trump, is calling for the resignation of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley if the reporting of his secret phone calls with China under the previous administration occurred.

New reporting from the upcoming book "Peril" alleges that Milley reached out to his Chinese counterpart in the final months of the Trump presidency, vowing that he would warn the CCP if the commander in chief launched an attack.

Vindman, an outspoken Trump critic himself, insisted that "if" the reporting is accurate, Milley's actions went too far.

"If this is true GEN Milley must resign," Vindman tweeted. "He usurped civilian authority, broke Chain of Command, and violated the sacrosanct principle of civilian control over the military. It's an extremely dangerous precedent. You can't simply walk away from that."

He added, "#dotherightthingintherightway."

Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Floriday Tuesday called on Biden to fire Milley."

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 09/14/2021 08:07 PM

WAPO is fake news, remember? You some kinda RINO?

Hi. I'm Mike.
 09/14/2021 08:24 PM

Fish Killer

Mark Milley's alleged China call 'violated the law', retired colonel says; 'He has no statutory authority'
Macgregor tells Carlson he is not surprised by the Milley allegation
By Charles Creitz

If the allegations made by Washington Post journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa about Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Mark Milley assuring China they would be forewarned, should then-President Trump decide to launch a military attack, the top White House military advisor has violated the law and should be called before Congress to testify, according to retired Army Col. Douglas Macgregor.

Macgregor, who retired from the military in 2004 and became a senior Pentagon adviser to Trump-era Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller, told "Tucker Carlson Tonight" he was not as surprised as much of the public by the allegation Milley essentially undermined his boss, the then-president, and gave comfort to a rival nation.

Macgregor told host Tucker Carlson that he is not surprised by the allegation, but noted that Milley - as of 8 PM ET - has yet to offer his side of the story. The colonel added that Woodward - who has written other exposes on the Trump era - has a tendency to be "somewhat flexible in interpretation" of events and quotations.

For his part, Trump has responded to the allegations, calling them "hard to believe" - but adding that if true, they constitute "treason" on the part of the U.S. Army general.

Carlson asked Macgregor whether it is as egregious as it sounds that Milley may have called Chinese Gen. Li Zuocheng without informing his boss, Trump.

Kayleigh McEnany: Gen. Milley 'aided and abetted' the enemy if he back-channeled ChinaVideo
Macgregor replied that indeed Milley as Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman has no statutory authority, and therefore cannot make policy or make military decisions, but instead only advise the president who is the actual commander-in-chief - in the unique American system where the military is civilian-led and not headed by an active-duty general.

"The chairman [of the JCoS] is not in position to order anyone in the armed forces to say or do anything. He can't do it. He is preeminently the senior military advisor to the president. That's what he is, so in theory, before he would make such a phone call he would discuss the subject of the phone call with the president, the commander in chief," said Macgregor.

"He certainly would not do something without coordinating with The National Security Advisor and the secretary of state, because this is beyond Defense. This is a foreign policy statement that he is making. These are important things to understand."

"[Milley] violated the law, if this turns out to be true. We really need to hear from him - Congress needs to bring him over, he needs to be placed under oath and answer questions in front of the Senate about this entire affair."

Macgregor added that another aspect of the scenario is the fact the president cannot act totally independently in launching a nuclear weapon, as critics may have feared, but instead must engage in a "consultative process."

However, that process does not include Milley as JCoS chairman, but instead the Pentagon chief and the "Strategic Command".

"[That] has nothing to do with Milley - [but] as an adviser, General Milley can speak up and suggest what they should do or not do," he said.

The colonel added that Milley, who continues in his chairman role under President Joe Biden, could have resigned his post if he felt so strongly that Trump was reckless or whatever the adjective might be.

"That does not mean he has to leave the armed forces, it means he leaves his position and someone else can be brought in. That is what you do if you feel strongly that you are dealing with someone you cannot support," Macgregor said of Milley, who has been in the military since 1980.

Later, Carlson said the allegations further embolden his view that Milley is a "dishonorable man" - hearkening back to his controversial testimony about "White rage" and other comments before Congress.

"On the other hand, we know for a fact that he was speaking in a capacity, I guess, as a political partisan to the leaders of the other party," Carlson added, noting Woodward and Costa reported that the general - while not informing Trump of his alleged contact with General Li - had spoken to Sen. Charles E. Schumer of New York and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

"He made it clear on numerous occasions that he was talking directly to [them], reassuring them that he was in control of things at the Pentagon. Plenty of people who saw that including the acting secretary of defense. That is unfortunate," Macgregor said, alluding again to the fact Milley should in theory have no statutory control over military operations.

"I just want to make one point very clear," Macgregor told Carlson. "President Trump is not someone who is prepared to launch a nuclear strike out against anyone. That is absurd nonsense."

In closing, Carlson noted Trump was the first president since Jimmy Carter not to start a war on his watch, in contrast to allegations the Palm Beach Republican is somehow notoriously hawkish.

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/14/2021 09:17 PM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Trump's proven call to Ukraine was illegal, how did you react to that?

I was right.
 09/15/2021 04:09 AM

Fish Killer

Originally posted by: Cole

Trump's proven call to Ukraine was illegal

No it wasn't.

Congress proved that.

Liar!

^These are PROVED facts.
 09/15/2021 04:32 AM

jdbman

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

fucking dumb ass trunts are arguing that General Milley should go to Leavenworth for saving his country, while they celebrate domestic terrorists of 1/6 who tried to destroy it.

Dont forget: BRIM.....

So if you are a surfer I wish you the prosperity that allows you more time to pursue the salt water dream, and the true happiness that comes from warm water, clean waves and the companionship of your fellow surfers. If you are an internet troll just spewing bs then f off.
 09/15/2021 07:52 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

3rdworldlover

Milley put that incompetent narcissistic sociopathic cowardly assclown in his place more than once.
Statistics
146494 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .