Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: "We have to really just call a spade a spade."
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/02/2021 08:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/04/2021 06:32 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

Well the Biden admin managed to twist the arm of the CDC to avoid the scrutiny for being caught with their pants down on the eviction moratorium.

I'm sure AOC will complain about it and propel some other far right shitbag into office.

-------------------------
I was right.
 08/04/2021 07:04 AM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

Originally posted by: Cole

Well the Biden admin managed to twist the arm of the CDC to avoid the scrutiny for being caught with their pants down on the eviction moratorium.

I'm sure AOC will complain about it and propel some other far right shitbag into office.

As she should, the Dems were completely irresponsible to not have any plan and then expect Congress was going to act before going home for vacations.

This latest stunt is more of a face saving move, and is unlikely to prevent mass evictions. As noted already, homeless people can't vote.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

In biology, such behavior of cells is called "cancer".
 08/04/2021 10:55 AM

Sniper

Joined Forum: 09/24/2003

I still think the Democrats will force some kind of lockdowns in order to justify extending the eviction moratorium, even though most of them don't want to. I would be absolutely amazed if the Democrats allow this to happen, knowing the kind of political fallout it will cause. But then again, I was amazed that they just thought if they ignored this that it would go away or that no one would notice. Everyone knew this was coming and they waited until the very last minute to even discuss it.

"The government who robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul," - George Bernard Shaw

“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f—k things up.” - Barack Obama

“End of quote. Repeat the line.” - wise words from Joe Biden
 08/04/2021 10:58 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

Joined Forum: 01/19/2005

Everywhere I go I see help wanted signs.....

Specializing in sarcasm and condescending rhetoric since 1971.
 08/04/2021 11:10 AM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: worksuxgetsponsered

Everywhere I go I see help wanted signs.....

Thanks Biden!

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/04/2021 12:14 PM

RustyTruck

Sure, plenty of minimum wage jobs with no health insurance or benefits. Not enough to cover rent, let alone back rent.

Capitalism is based on the ridiculous notion that you can enjoy limitless growth in a closed, finite system.

08/04/2021 12:35 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Homeless people can't vote. I'm not sure how much traction this will ever get.

08/04/2021 01:19 PM

Fish Killer

Joined Forum: 10/09/2005

Originally posted by: follydude

Homeless people can't vote.

Thats twice you spread that POS lie!

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF?

If you are a citizen you can vote!

Are homeless people entitled to vote?
"Homeless people can register to vote at the address they commonly spend a substantial part of their time (day or night). You can vote in person or apply to vote by post or by proxy."

http://www.brent.gov.uk/servic...vote/no-fixed-address/

The REAL truth is....both of the forum idiots are OWNED.
-BOTH of them have no clue who their owner is.
-They are both card carrying narcissists.
^These are PROVED facts.
 08/04/2021 03:27 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

Def will not get any traction in Florida or other states where reps effectively govern that state. Funny how little of this $ has been distributed in Florida to date.. Wasn't this federal $? Hmmm.. Maybe t should be "retreived" and redistributed to Dem states that are distributing it.. Like them apples? Yummm yummmm !!!!!!!!

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 08/05/2021 12:18 PM

worksuxgetsponsered

Originally posted by: RustyTruck

Sure, plenty of minimum wage jobs with no health insurance or benefits. Not enough to cover rent, let alone back rent.

It's called a starting point. Or should everybody start off Executive Director, Principal, or hold out on tax payer $ until the perfect job comes along?

Personally I've had to start over several times in my life. Sometimes through my own fault other times just getting the short end of the stick. It's part of life and we move on as responsible people.

08/05/2021 12:23 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Originally posted by: Fish Killer

Originally posted by: follydude

Homeless people can't vote.

Thats twice you spread that POS lie!

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELF?

If you are a citizen you can vote!

Are homeless people entitled to vote?

"Homeless people can register to vote at the address they commonly spend a substantial part of their time (day or night). You can vote in person or apply to vote by post or by proxy."

http://www.brent.gov.uk/servic...vote/no-fixed-address/

You posted a link to a website in England, you fat retard!

08/05/2021 01:34 PM

RustyTruck

It's called a starting point. Or should everybody start off Executive Director, Principal, or hold out on tax payer $ until the perfect job comes along?

Personally I've had to start over several times in my life. Sometimes through my own fault other times just getting the short end of the stick. It's part of life and we move on as responsible people.

You didn't start over at $10 an hour. You either had good paying work, or you had help.

Turning possibly millions of people out into the street during a pandemic makes this place look even more like a 3rd world country. It will have consequences.

08/06/2021 04:12 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

No. I started at 3.15 + tips (server at Chilis), + 12.00/hr (Albertsons distribution center) + 10/hr mowing lawns on the weekend

While going to college and doing an internship.

If you want sympathy it's between Shit and syphilis in the dictionary.

08/06/2021 04:45 AM

Cole

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

As she should, the Dems were completely irresponsible to not have any plan and then expect Congress was going to act before going home for vacations.

This latest stunt is more of a face saving move, and is unlikely to prevent mass evictions. As noted already, homeless people can't vote.

Horseshit, there was a final date and congress knew all about it. They also knew the blow dealt by the SCOTUS, not to mention that is was Joe who actually did something and is the one who will have to deal with the consequences.

I was right.
 08/06/2021 06:55 AM

RustyTruck

No. I started at 3.15 + tips (server at Chilis), + 12.00/hr (Albertsons distribution center) + 10/hr mowing lawns on the weekend

It's 2021 old man, not 1983. If you're cool with women and children living in the woods that's on you chump. One time you'll have to settle accounts with karma.

08/06/2021 07:00 AM

RustyTruck

Horseshit, there was a final date and congress knew all about it. They also knew the blow dealt by the SCOTUS, not to mention that is was Joe who actually did something and is the one who will have to deal with the consequences.

Exactly, at the moment the Dems control Congress and the White House, but they did nothing and took off on holiday. When the backlash came they punted to the CDC knowing that's a long shot.

But you are correct that Biden and the Dems will have to deal with the consequences.

They basically have folded on all campaign issues and are focused only on a watered down infrastructure bill.

08/06/2021 07:39 AM

somebodyelse

Joined Forum: 06/29/2006

Rusty: If you're cool with women and children living in the woods that's on you chump. One time you'll have to settle accounts with karma.

Yeah, they shouldn't have to live in the woods when the sidewalks and parks are available for them to set up tent cities...
We're all good with San Fran and Los Angeles people camping on sidewalks, that is their God given rights and their choice

Shouldn't this be a states rights issue where one states policies lead to mass homelessness and we don't care??
Shouldn't states have the right to regulate homelessness in their states?
Florida can say, if you don't pay the rent you can be evicted and you don't have to live in the woods, you can go to California where housing is free...

08/06/2021 08:33 AM

worksuxgetsponsered

"Chump" lol. Keyboard warrior.

It's 2021 old man, not 1983. If you're cool with women and children living in the woods that's on you chump. One time you'll have to settle accounts with karma.

I was 11 in '83, but what does that matter? If they choose homelessness over working, like the rest of us, I'm fine with that, but their kids should be taken away. Hell even as recently as 2 years ago I worked a full time job, worked part time for a friend's moving company and went to grad school ( at my old ass age)...

Edited: 08/06/2021 at 08:35 AM by worksuxgetsponsered
 08/06/2021 08:58 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

LMAO
If you bring Rusty the dictionary and pay him $15 for the hour it takes to find it, he might actually read it.

My kids are left of center; not surprising for their age. One is much farther left than the other. But they're both working their ass off and able to take care of themselves, aside from health insurance. We still have a lot of room for improvement there.

Of all the people I've seen panhandling in Brevard, only one was out there with a shovel in his hand and a sign that said, "Need work."
 08/06/2021 09:21 AM

RustyTruck

"Chump" lol. Keyboard warrior.

I was 11 in '83, but what does that matter? If they choose homelessness over working, like the rest of us, I'm fine with that, but their kids should be taken away. Hell even as recently as 2 years ago I worked a full time job, worked part time for a friend's moving company and went to grad school ( at my old ass age)...

You made it same as I did, when it was cheaper to go to college, rents in FL were cheap, and you could buy a house and accumulate equity. People facing eviction are not choosing homelessness, it's being thrust upon them by economic and material circumstances.

You guys are the same old "I got mine, you get yours" types.

And Curtis you sure those kids are yours?

FORUMS : National Enquirer (FORMERLY NSR) : "We have to really just call a spade a spade."

<< 1 2 3 4 Previous Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
146495 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .