Hey Matt B ... How the hell o are you ??? :)

2nd Light Forums
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The Two Party System
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/21/2021 01:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/21/2021 01:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Zeus

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

More than anything other threat this nation faces, the two party system of government is by far the most urgent. Each party is perfectly content to destroy the soul of this nation, both psychologically and monetarily in pursuit of their own selfish agenda. And they both damn the collateral damage. Our only hope is to stop letting them manipulate and divide us. In short we really need to stop cheer leading for one side or another. Neither one is going to save this nation, bring equality and justice for all. The sooner everyone realizes this the better off we'll be to face all our other threats. "United we Stand, Divided we Fall"
 06/21/2021 03:56 PM

nukeh2o

Joined Forum: 03/18/2016

Yeah, what airhead Seuss say!
If America would simply realize the error of their ways and accept the mighty orange baby blimp as their lawd and massa:
everything will be okay! The heck with that pesky ol' constitution.....

-------------------------
It's a democratic hoax
 06/21/2021 04:04 PM

Greensleeves

Joined Forum: 07/22/2003

The QOP still a party? It's the party of rejects and dip shits. And it won't be around much longer if they keep fucking lying and acting like the fuckheads they are.
 06/21/2021 04:09 PM

Cole

I do love the compassion Trump lovers find when they realize how fucked they truly are. lol

I was right.
 06/21/2021 04:55 PM

theglide

Joined Forum: 08/06/2003

Z, where was this sentiment a few years ago when the "R's (now the QOP) were in control?

But...........I would have no issue with multiple, viable political parties together with term limits.
 06/21/2021 05:10 PM

wtf

Joined Forum: 11/23/2005

I've said that a gazillion times - the two party system is the real enemy of the nation.

QOP = Terrorists
FK = Gay
 06/21/2021 06:12 PM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Well duh, the two party system has got to go and we need full campaign finance reform. The reds and blues have done a good job indoctrinating people into belief of a 'two party' system. It was never the intention of the fathers.

Edited: 06/21/2021 at 06:13 PM by RiddleMe
 06/21/2021 06:30 PM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

Money is divided into two parties?

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/22/2021 04:39 AM

Greensleeves

Yes johnnyboy hold up here. It's not the fact that there are two parties that things suck.

It's about the populous and their thoughts, their compassion, education and so on.

We have media outlets that openly lie and promote fabrications. It doesn't matter how many parties there are when misinformation is the food of some Americans.

Qotards, the ease of manipulating them, and their mindless pursuit of whatever it is they want are the problem now.

06/22/2021 05:34 AM

stokedpanda

Joined Forum: 09/04/2015

Originally posted by: johnnyboy

Money is divided into two parties?

energy and finance.......big tech and pharma......so maybe four parties truly in power? LOL

I troll 2L.com to be a better person in real life
 06/22/2021 05:38 AM
User is online View Users Profile Print this message

johnnyboy

I bitch about it but I accept that this is our sandbox and not playing in it makes the people who do play in it even more powerful. It's not great but it's better than nothing. I'm starting to believe that our three branch government with its checks and balances is devolving into a parliament ruled by a majority coalition.

"One of the reasons why propaganda tries to get you to hate government is because it's the one existing institution in which people can participate to some extent and constrain tyrannical unaccountable power." Noam Chomsky.

06/22/2021 05:51 AM

Cole

Originally posted by: RiddleMe

Well duh, the two party system has got to go and we need full campaign finance reform. The reds and blues have done a good job indoctrinating people into belief of a 'two party' system. It was never the intention of the fathers.

I'm not sure about the founding fathers thing considering we have never had a viable three party election. That being said, I certainly have no issue voting for a third party candidate, especially if they sit somewhere in the middle.

But is it really the answer since they would have the final say in almost every case. Republicans on one side, Democrats the other and the five of so in the middle would make all of the final decisions.

I was right.

Edited: 06/22/2021 at 05:52 AM by Cole
 06/22/2021 07:38 AM

RiddleMe

Joined Forum: 07/21/2011

Originally posted by: Cole
I'm not sure about the founding fathers thing considering we have never had a viable three party election.

I guess it depends on which of the men that founded our nation.

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism." John Adams. "a division of the republic into two great parties ... is to be dreaded as the great political evil."

Thomas Jefferson felt that men would form into two parties if left on their own, so he wanted to add text to the constitution to avoid pitfalls of that. James Madison wanted to structure the government so it wouldn't be controlled by a handful of factions and he is probably rolling over in his grave that we only have 2, really. His thoughts were to have a stronger central government to avoid that.

Washington saw first hand what two parties fighting with each other could do and realized the issues of it, which is what prompted him to stay on a 2nd term just to prevent our nation from breaking up before it even really got started.

Anyhow, just the thoughts of a few of them regarding parties.

Edited: 06/22/2021 at 07:39 AM by RiddleMe
 06/22/2021 07:50 AM

Cole

Washington wanted a strong Executive and Jefferson and Madison wanted a centralized government, but I was under the impression that that was the separation of power between the Executive, Judicial and Legislative; I don't recall the push for multiple political parties. The original was Federalist - anti-Federalist and the two party system has continued since then with a few minor exceptions.

I was right.
 06/22/2021 03:25 PM

surfsail

Joined Forum: 07/28/2003

In days of yore I was a registered 'R' - and voted twice for Perot.. Hated rayguns but didnt mind papa bush.. Perot was a wasted vote.. Didn't vote for Clinton but was happy he was prez at the end fo it.. Voted for Gore but that was definitely cheated election if there ever was one.. Changed to 'D' in '02 and haven't looked back since.... 'Born Again' D.. (B.A.D..!)

There are NO white people at all in the Bible... take all the time you need with that...
Please stop feeding the trolls - they will go away if you do...
 06/22/2021 07:40 PM

follydude

Joined Forum: 07/25/2003

Let's see how far Ranked Choice Voting gains traction.

06/22/2021 08:20 PM

RustyTruck

Joined Forum: 08/02/2004

This country and the world are ruled by the elites, and if voting was any threat to their hegemony, it would be illegal.

The general public has given up on government having any capacity to improve material conditions, so just pick your team and enjoy the game.

“It is the heart of US policy to use fascism to preserve capitalism while claiming to be saving democracy from communism “ - Michael Parenti
 06/23/2021 06:37 AM

CurtisEflush

Joined Forum: 09/28/2012

Originally posted by: RustyTruck
The general public has given up on government having any capacity to improve material conditions,

Halfway to enlightenment for them!
Statistics
146499 users are registered to the 2nd Light Forums forum.
There are currently 4 users logged in to the forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition - © 1999-2024 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

First there was Air Jordan .